Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Local High School Star Bush4Ever's Avatar

Default Re: Brandon Jennings thinks Rick Rubio is overhyped

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Where stating the obvious happens.
    Common sense isn't common, especially when it involves a black person potentially being in the wrong on a black/white issue.

The second part was more important anyway. Unless there is a pattern of behavior here that we can use to make a judgment one way or the other, it's just guesswork.

Decent playground baller FrenchDude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bush4Ever
    Anyone who denies that there is a real sociological aspect to white players being judged diferently (good or bad) by some people based on race is in some serious denial. It's a real dynamic and it DOES exist.
    It's the same for every minority. When I played ball and was the only black kid on the team, on my first day the coach tell me to just run straight forward because I was supposedly faster than everybody else ...

White players are a minority in US basketball thus they can be considered differently in a good or bad way like you said. Some will say they can't be as athletic as black or others will say because they weren't as gifted athleticaly they made their way by developing a higher basketball IQ and a feel for the game.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bush4Ever
    Common sense isn't common, especially when it involves a black person potentially being in the wrong on a black/white issue.
    Maybe some white folks need to stop being so sensitive and insecure.

"They said I cant jump. But if I said you have a low bball IQ I'm racist. "

The second part was more important anyway. Unless there is a pattern of behavior here that we can use to make a judgment one way or the other, it's just guesswork.
    That I agree with but I'm lost to why this is always spun into a racial thing.

Local High School Star Bush4Ever's Avatar

Maybe some white folks need to stop being so sensitive and insecure.

"They said I cant jump. But if I said you have a low bball IQ I'm racist. "
    I'm just saying it exists, and it is a not-too-wild hypothesis for the statements, or at least a reasonable hypothesis among many (him being European, having the hype machine, etc...).

People that have race on the brain are going to miss the mark sometimes when assessing the motives for people's actions. But sometimes, they can be dead-on-balls right. This could be one of those times, given the dynamics involved.

owwwww

This guy is going to be a failure, I'll be cheering against him next season. Anyone remember these "twitter" updates?

BJennings3: Most Important thing about the Draft/NBA, Get on a TEAM that fits your game and kill those 3yrs and GET THAT Big 2nd contract!

BJennings3: Perfect Example Of someone who didn't go Lottery but is finna get Paid!, RONDO!AARON BROOKS!

Has a "young money" tattoo on his back too. Yea, I mean money is important and all (why obsess over it when you know you are getting paid anyways?!) but this guy probably embodies everything wrong with young players today. I think even Kevin Durant said something alone the lines of "your head is in the wrong place" to him.
    Last edited by Fatal9; 06-13-2009 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    This guy is going to be a failure, I'll be cheering against him next season. Anyone remember these "twitter" updates?

BJennings3: Most Important thing about the Draft/NBA, Get on a TEAM that fits your game and kill those 3yrs and GET THAT Big 2nd contract!

BJennings3: Perfect Example Of someone who didn't go Lottery but is finna get Paid!, RONDO!AARON BROOKS!

Has a "young money" tattoo on his back too. Yea, I mean money is important and all (why obsess over it when you know you are getting paid anyways?!) but this guy probably embodies everything wrong with young players today. I think even Kevin Durant said something alone the lines of "your head is in the wrong place" to him.
    So you're going to root against him because he needs to mature?

He seems like a free spirit.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I have no clue why, but I really think Jennings is just misunderstood and is possibly being advised poorly by someone. Obviously he loves the spotlight and has been out of it for a year. He's trying to get his name in the headlines.

Is there anything from his Euro coach about his demeanor? I never heard any complaints from him about the way he was being used or playing time or anything like that.

owwwww

So you're going to root against him because he needs to mature?
    I'm gonna root against him because this dude clearly has an ego problem and these comments are nothing more than jealousy because Rubio is a better player than him, and is going to be higher pick. But seems like the thing that's bothering him most is that Rubio will probably make a couple more million

This immature punk is not succeeding in the NBA. Headed down the same road as his cousin (who also had red flags attitude wise).

Banned

You basketball is a job...unless your established and making that money you have to be worried about getting it. Life isnt all fairies and roses...this is the reality of it.

Isnt he kind of though?

Do you think he will bring a sudden impact to the team he goes into?

owwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    You basketball is a job...unless your established and making that money you have to be worried about getting it. Life isnt all fairies and roses...this is the reality of it.
    Yea, alright when you become a lawyer or whatever, you should make twitter updates saying "It's all about getting through articiling and then I'm finna get paid!! Young money!" Show that to the law firm before your job interview and see if they want to hire you. Just unacceptable behavior. This type of overt love for money comes of as very immature, close minded and frankly, "ghetto" if you know what I mean. What makes an NBA GM want to pick this already overrated trash, who has made clear his intent is just to land his first big contract? Already red flags should be rising as it seems like he wants to get his money and just chill after that. Any team who pays this guy is going to regret it. Guy seems dumb as hell too saying stuff like this in public, he can't actually think that coming off as a jealous punk is going to raise his stock, right? This is nothing about "roses and fairies", just a certain way to carry yourself.

Banned

Yea, alright when you become a lawyer or whatever, you should make twitter updates saying "It's all about getting through articiling and then I'm finna get paid!! Young money!" Show that to the law firm before your job interview and see if they want to hire you. Just unacceptable behavior. This type of overt love for money comes of as very immature, close minded and frankly, "ghetto" if you know what I mean. What makes an NBA GM want to pick this already overrated trash, who has made clear his intent is just to land his first big contract? Already red flags should be rising as it seems like he wants to get his money and just chill after that. Any team who pays this guy is going to regret it. Guy seems dumb as hell too saying stuff like this in public, he can't actually think that coming off as a jealous punk is going to raise his stock, right? This is nothing about "roses and fairies", just a certain way to carry yourself.
    Yeah I agree to an extent, but we're talking about a immature young kid here interacting in a way he feel's he is in the right in. Also, while he is talking about wanting to get paid, maybe we can look at it in a positive way, he know's he wants money, which means he has to work very hard in order to recieve it. This is just a case of a young kid, who was brought up acting one way, and who needs direction on becoming a more mature young man.

Really, give the kid a chance to grow. This was just an immature mistake on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    I think Jennings opinion of himself is a bit too high.
    he's got swag, if he can back it up more power to him.

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ennings.rubio/

Discuss.

PS: You happy now Jeff? I included FULL names
    What does Brandon think now?