Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Default Re: Magic/Jordan VS Lebron/Kobe. Who will win?

Quote Originally Posted by steve franchise
    Two "all time legends" reputation is not going to help on the court. I'm not a Kobe lover but he's not a legend because he's retired yet. What you're that ignorant that you think he's not going to be a legend, not just a top 50 player. You guys are talking NBA level here, passing and defense doesn't play a great role. Besides Jordan can't hold Kobe and Kobe can't hold Jordan. Magic can pass the ball and that's it. Is not like he has a height advantage over James. Is just one inch. Legends superstar all-star whatever it's all about putting the ball in the whole. MJ and Kobe cancel out. Magic and LeBorn, LeBron wins.
    What the hell are you talking about?

Magic would kill him on the boards. When Magic wants to score he can score. Lebron wouldn't be able to hold him and and Magic would hold Lebron. Magic has more post moves than Lebron so Magic could mix it up more.

Kobe and Jordan yes they would go back and forth, but MJ would get that key block or steal that would in turn give him the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by gb8
    Jordan would flash to the ball much better then kobe would, I like how you are still avoiding my question of asking you how old your are, probably becuase you have never seen jordan or magic play. Magic would do a better job on obe probably then he would on bron so I would have jordan check lebron and I guarantee he would force him to take the outside shot more often then not. Magics length would bother kobes shot a little bit. It wouldnt be a wash but Magics team would clearly win. Notice me calling it magics team and not jordans since I am a laker fan and actually know abotu his game.
    Magic's length would bother Kobe in no way shape or form...Magic playing defense on Kobe is just like Kobe shooting by himself in the gym...Magic is a better player but he isnt guarding Kobe...Magic would just post up Kobe on the other side though.

Magic would kill him on the boards. When Magic wants to score he can score. Lebron wouldn't be able to hold him and and Magic would hold Lebron. Magic has more post moves than Lebron so Magic could mix it up more.

Kobe and Jordan yes they would go back and forth, but MJ would get that key block or steal that would in turn give him the edge.
    Magic wouldn't kill Lebron on the boards, and Magic cannot hold Lebron.

Local High School Star steve franchise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)

You wish MJ would be Mr. Clutch, this is not the NBA we're talking about here where the key block, turnover, steal, or buzzer beater wins the game.
    LeBron would dominate Magic on the boards, he gots more hops. "When Magic wants to score he can score", what do you think when LeBron wants to score he doesn't score or what. Stop overrating Magic.

Mars Blackmon Lives!

If James gives some space to Magic and force him to take the shot, Magic is in trouble. He was an average shooter. Rodman is not LeBron, LeBron is stronger. How do you think he finishes though plays and goes into the paint with the big guys. Again Magic can't post LeBron just like that. I bet you LeBron would dunk it on Magic all day too. That would be really embarassing.
    LeBron is stronger and faster than Magic. Plus in streetball there are no tick-tack fouls. LeBron can take the hard hits. Magic would probably go flying to L.A with James' toughness.
    wow, i'm not sure you know what you're talking about. dennis rodman defended, with success, Shaq, Mourning, Karl Malone. lebron has defended bigs such as... tayshawn prince. um.. dirk. anyone else? sure he's bigger, but that doesn't mean he's as strong a defender. dennis was excellent at getting low and holding his ground. lebron is bigger in the upper body. so was anthony mason, but that didn't mean he could get low and hold position against big centers the way the worm did.

backing off of magic never worked. check out his shooting percentage of 52 for his career. you think no one ever thought, "hey! i know! let's back off and make him a jump shooter!" he'd just dribble right up to you, turn his shoulder and start backing down. if you bodied him, he'd spin off and get into the lane. the only way to stop him was with a trap. now you're talking about a game with no backline defenders to help. again, no way he stops lebron on the other end, but there's a reason people argue for magic as a goat candidate, and it's not just his ability to run a fastbreak.

You wish MJ would be Mr. Clutch, this is not the NBA we're talking about here where the key block, turnover, steal, or buzzer beater wins the game.
    LeBron would dominate Magic on the boards, he gots more hops. "When Magic wants to score he can score", what do you think when LeBron wants to score he doesn't score or what. Stop overrating Magic.
    And the same thing I said to Rockets(T-mac) I will say to you, vice versa. Lebron James will not dominate Magic Johnson on the boards. "More hops"? That's your reason? Then how come Desmond Mason doesn't average 13RPG?

There's more to rebounding than "hops". And Magic has leaping ability as well, and was more skilled at the actual art of rebounding. It's more than just jumping and grabbing the ball - that's just the simple way of looking at it. You think Magic didn't have to compete with taller players and good leaping players for rebounds in the 80's?

Trust me, he can compete on the boards with Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Magic's length would bother Kobe in no way shape or form...Magic playing defense on Kobe is just like Kobe shooting by himself in the gym...Magic is a better player but he isnt guarding Kobe...Magic would just post up Kobe on the other side though.
    Well magics length would bother kobe more then it would bother lebron when he drives on him. Plus the fact that magic will definitely be able to do a half decent job of kobe in the post means you are atleast having some sort of defensive impact, Jordan would do a good job on lebron forcing him to take the outside shot, and we all know how that story goes. Lebron cant guard anyone and if people think lebron can bully magic you are forgetting just how big magic was, just because he was more finesse doesnt mean he couldnt bang if he wanted. Also to the thread starter why are you avoiding the simple question of telling us how old you are? Because you do sound about 15 years old, which would mean you would naturally devalue Magics worth because you havent seen enough of him.

Magic Johnson & Michael Jordan

Is this a trick question. The team with the big guy who ccan pass and the shooting guard who can score good will win.

Cornell Basketball=#1

better question: Kobe/Lebron vs. MJ/Magic with a bleeding head wound

I think MJ/Magic would win 100-0

one 32 game can win it anybody.
    I remember me and another high school scrub winning against the two best b-ball players of my h-s. Obvious that was only one game.

in a 3 game series probably mj-mj would win in 5.

Local High School Star steve franchise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    And the same thing I said to Rockets(T-mac) I will say to you, vice versa. Lebron James will not dominate Magic Johnson on the boards. "More hops"? That's your reason? Then how come Desmond Mason doesn't average 13RPG?

There's more to rebounding than "hops". And Magic has leaping ability as well, and was more skilled at the actual art of rebounding. It's more than just jumping and grabbing the ball - that's just the simple way of looking at it. You think Magic didn't have to compete with taller players and good leaping players for rebounds in the 80's?

Trust me, he can compete on the boards with Lebron.
    Nobody averages 13RPG dumba... Magic can compete against LeBron but don't say he would crush him on the boards and kill him on the post just like he did to Rodman. Magic was good averaging good numbers but that's with 5 people on your team nba level. I still think LeBron would out muscle Magic and out rebound him. By the way i'm no the person who started this thread. You just think of the biggest names MJ and MJ and you say they would win, but is not like that. How come... doesn't exist in the NBA. 2 on 2 yeah.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gb8
    You sir are a moron.
    I was gonna go on a rant here, but this ^ post summed it up.

Johnson and Air.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by mongePR(kb24)
    one 32 game can win it anybody.
    I remember me and another high school scrub winning against the two best b-ball players of my h-s. Obvious that was only one game.

in a 3 game series probably mj-mj would win in 5.
    um....huh? in a 3 game series they would win it in 5?