Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ... 317178798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1357
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Indiana's sometimes starting PG Verdell Jones just went down with a knee injury. Non-contact, just collapsed to the floor, looked bad.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Indiana's sometimes starting PG Verdell Jones just went down with a knee injury. Non-contact, just collapsed to the floor, looked bad.
    Wow. He has played quite well for them late in the season. He's their fourth best option to score and best coming off the bench.

I'm bored and have the next two days off....I think I might do my own seeding for fun. Haven't done it in 4 or so years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    There aren't 37 at large teams in the country that I would pick over UConn, but the criteria for the committee obviously isn't simply the eye test. I still would be surprised if they didn't get it. They still have better computer numbers than a lot of other bubble teams and the committee does take the eye test into consideration. Two close losses to the second best team in the country means something to them.

MSU got in as a comfortable 10 seed with 14 losses last year.

And those Baylor uniforms make Oregon's look run of the mill. lol

UConn's in. Don't see how they don't make the field.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

I love conference tourney time. Just the time to finally watch some of these games and look like I know what I'm talking about!

Looks like Drummond showed up again today?

Such a shame that Weber State lost to Montana last night. Wanted to see Lillard in the NCAA tournament, but maybe this will give the Jazz a chance to draft him.
    Last edited by UtahJazzFan88; 03-08-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    I love conference tourney time. Just the time to finally watch some of these games and look like I know what I'm talking about!

Looks like Drummond showed up again today?

Such a shame that Weber State lost to Montana last night. Wanted to see Lillard in the NCAA tournament, but maybe this will give the Jazz a chance to draft him.
    Jazz'll have 2 lotto picks right? They want Lillard he's theirs. Definitely makes a lot of sense for them.

If I'm the Lakers I'm doing whatever I can to try and get a pick high enough to get him. He'd be great next to Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Jazz'll have 2 lotto picks right? They want Lillard he's theirs. Definitely makes a lot of sense for them.

If I'm the Lakers I'm doing whatever I can to try and get a pick high enough to get him. He'd be great next to Kobe.
    interesting tweet from https://twitter.com/#!/draftexpress

I asked a GM if Damian Lillard will go lottery. "He should but no one will have the balls to take a guy who played at Weber State that high"

Teams doing a remarkably lousy job closing out games that should be done.

Quality of offense in college hoops has gone south so fast it's hard to believe. Unless it's a run out or a 3, very few seem to have a clue how to execute in the half court. Far better at the "mid-major" level than the star studded AAU teams.

Ohhhh man, thought that Gates heave was good

I don't get commentators sometimes. G'town player called for a block and after the replay from above, both commentators say it looked like a charge and simply say it's a tough call for officials, but implied the wrong call was made.....even though in that replay you clearly see that the G'town player's ENTIRE left foot was inside the semi-circle.

Is it that hard to see on those small monitors? lol

I guess Lville will always have a spanish PG under Pitino?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I guess Lville will always have a spanish PG under Pitino?
    Garcia was my favorite (well, and the best by a considerable margin too).

That team in 04-05 was awesome. Loved Taquan Dean. When he hit a big shot I'd yell out "Taekwondo!" So gay, yet so awesome......ly gay.

The only Louisville team I liked as much was 02-03 when Garcia and Dean were freshmen and Reece Gaines was the star. The battles between Gaines and Louisville vs Wade and Marquette when they were both still in Conference-USA were the best in the country.

If you remember, Gaines was more heralded than Wade even at the college level until perhaps their junior years I'd say. Then they were viewed as even, but by their final year, you could tell Wade was gonna be something at the next level and people were iffy about Gaines.

Yeah those Baylor colors were terrible. Ugh.

Jamal Franklin shot at the buzzer reminded me of John Wallace from Syracuse shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    Garcia was my favorite (well, and the best by a considerable margin too).

That team in 04-05 was awesome. Loved Taquan Dean. When he hit a big shot I'd yell out "Taekwondo!" So gay, yet so awesome......ly gay.

The only Louisville team I liked as much was 02-03 when Garcia and Dean were freshmen and Reece Gaines was the star. The battles between Gaines and Louisville vs Wade and Marquette when they were both still in Conference-USA were the best in the country.

If you remember, Gaines was more heralded than Wade even at the college level until perhaps their junior years I'd say. Then they were viewed as even, but by their final year, you could tell Wade was gonna be something at the next level and people were iffy about Gaines.
    Agreed

Taekwondo

My fav Lville player was Dejuan Wheat

45-45 after regulation? Are these really two NCAA tournament teams? And I thought UNC played like crap offensively a few weeks ago when they scored 54 against UVA.

So if Cal wins the tournament the Pac 12 is probably a one bid league. That's crazy.