Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Hits Game Winner To Put Denver Up 3-0! What A Shot!! He's Clutch!!

The shot was good but Wright had Melo him so he left him alone and melo drained it. You honestly think Carmelo Anthony is a better clutch player than Larry bird?

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Hits Game Winner To Put Denver Up 3-0! What A Shot!! He's Clutch!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvi
    The shot was good but Wright had Melo him so he left him alone and melo drained it. You honestly think Carmelo Anthony is a better clutch player than Larry bird?
    What the hell, Larry Bird's name hasn't even been mentioned in this thread...

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Hits Game Winner To Put Denver Up 3-0! What A Shot!! He's Clutch!

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    What the hell, Larry Bird's name hasn't even been mentioned in this thread...
    Well in the begining of the thread lilojmayo says that MJ is the most clutch player ever, and that Carmelo will go down as the second. Larry bird is the closest to Michael Jordan IMO in that category, so the question was if lilojmayo really believed Carmelo Anthony is really or will be more clutch than Larry Bird.

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony Hits Game Winner To Put Denver Up 3-0! What A Shot!! He's Clutch!!

are people really that stupid? carmelo one of the best clutch players ever?
    based on what? a one game knee jerk reaction that at the base of it was nothing short of total nba corruption. wtf is wrong with people

this sht has been happening for years and its getting so much worse. best recent example was the rondo foul cover up where the footage showed he had a bee line for his face and knocked that chicago player down.
    then they doctor the footage to show the least incriminating footage they can.

repeat process for every single questionable scene in the nba ever. the commentators dance around these reoccuring issues and this one is another fcked example.

i love the nuggets. but dont wanna see that sht. melo was clearly grabbed and then his arms were hacked and the nba sweeps it under the carpet.

the officials are guided and always have been for the nba to be entertaining. even at the behest of fouling and travelling. wake the fck up ppl

and now games are being decided because of this garbage.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Great shot

Learning to shoot layups BirdNasty's Avatar

Absolutely great shot. If Im gonna foul somone, Im gonna make it happen rather than just a love tap. Knock him down, wrap him up.

Do the Mavs just lay down in game 4........might as well and I think they will.

Go Nuggs.....Broom anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by krohm
    are people really that stupid? carmelo one of the best clutch players ever?
    based on what? a one game knee jerk reaction that at the base of it was nothing short of total nba corruption. wtf is wrong with people
    http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM

Melo is Top 3 this season in the clutch and has the best field goal percentage of those 3 players. Alt account ftl, chump.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by w00terz
    [url]Alt account ftl, chump.
    i dont even know what 'alt account ftl' means so the chump diss doesnt really make sense, so i dont have a reply.
    in regards to the stats, didnt know he has delievered a few times on clutch shots. george carl mentioned he had made a couple in the last few years in regular season. one this year (?) and another clutch shot a couple of years ago. kinda took his word for it.

i dont deny he has clutch factor ability. but as many others have said, in the finals his numbers and games have been sub par. so claiming he is one of the best clutch players of all time is ridiculous.

see how he goes as finals campaign continues..

the question i was mainly addressing was the fact it should never have even counted if it werent for the bs of late in the nba,
    watch the Nuggets vs Mavericks Game 4 Lookahead on nba.com and it shows a better view of the shot than the other doctored videos. his left arm and body get hacked at 39 seconds of the video. it is very clear the referee even sees the foul happen. his head follows atoine's arm as hes hacking carmelo! this foul is undeniable and is why the nba have officially stated the officials made a mistake and had made a missed call.

“At the end of the Dallas-Denver game this evening, the officials missed an intentional foul committed by Antoine Wright on Carmelo Anthony, just prior to Anthony’s three-point basket,” Joel Litvin, NBA president of league and basketball operations, said in a statement issued by the league about two hours after the game.

listen to the Rick Carlisle post game inteview on nba.com see what he has to say about it. its total bs and its happened all year/years long and its finally started influencing the outcome of playoff games.

so, carmelo was fouled with a few seconds to go in a finals series game winning situation and the call was not made. great !

next post: GO CARMELO WHAT A SHOT!
    Last edited by krohm; 05-10-2009 at 10:40 PM.

melo holdin it down for the ricans

Sexy like MUSTARD

Quote Originally Posted by iggy>
    melo holdin it down for the ricans
    Why did Jeff turn the OP into this thread?

Saw a basketball once

Hyperbole aside, it's sad Melo's great shot is being lost in all the over reaction to the non call. People are acting like they just started watching b-ball yesterday. Since when does an intentional foul end a game?

The Nuggets won game 3 because Melo hit an incredible shot. No one can ever take it away from him. Those who don't want to acknowledge it are just robbing themselves of appreciating a great moment.

Quote Originally Posted by krohm
    i dont even know what 'alt account ftl' means so the chump diss doesnt really make sense, so i dont have a reply.
    in regards to the stats, didnt know he has delievered a few times on clutch shots. george carl mentioned he had made a couple in the last few years in regular season. one this year (?) and another clutch shot a couple of years ago. kinda took his word for it.

i dont deny he has clutch factor ability. but as many others have said, in the finals his numbers and games have been sub par. so claiming he is one of the best clutch players of all time is ridiculous.

next post: GO CARMELO WHAT A SHOT!
    First off, I could hardly understand a word you said. Secondly, Melo has made two huge clutch shots this year in two games against OKC as well as others. The stats speak for themselves. So far in his career, he has been incredibly clutch, with people not giving him enough credit for it because he hasn't gotten past the first round. What are you talking about "finals campaign?"

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget X
    Hyperbole aside, it's sad Melo's great shot is being lost in all the over reaction to the non call. People are acting like they just started watching b-ball yesterday. Since when does an intentional foul end a game?

The Nuggets won game 3 because Melo hit an incredible shot. No one can ever take it away from him. Those who don't want to acknowledge it are just robbing themselves of appreciating a great moment.
    agreed. he hit the shot of the playoffs so far. he deserves respect.

I rule the local playground

[QUOTE=krohm]i dont even know what 'alt account ftl' means so the chump diss doesnt really make sense, so i dont have a reply.

the question i was mainly addressing was the fact it should never have even counted if it werent for the bs of late in the nba,
    watch the Nuggets vs Mavericks Game 4 Lookahead on nba.com and it shows a better view of the shot than the other doctored videos. his left arm and body get hacked at 39 seconds of the video. it is very clear the referee even sees the foul happen. his head follows atoine's arm as hes hacking carmelo! this foul is undeniable and is why the nba have officially stated the officials made a mistake and had made a missed call.

well carmelo anthony was clutch for 1 day, but now glen davis is the clutchest player in the nba. sorry melo, you had a good run.