Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Euroleague

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Default Re: Euroleague

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    You guys are wrong and it's good you are. Because if you were right that Rudy is maybe the best offensive player and one on one offensive player from Europe then it would be undeniable proof that the NBA is a billion times better than the Euroleague.

Thankfully though, you are both severely wrong on that issue.
    it is proof that the nba and the euroleague are totally different. Childress was a better player at atlanta than he is at olympiakos were he is totally average,or even less.I never said he was the most offensive one on one player, said he was better than navarro at creating his own shot.definately not complimentary as you say. no doubt papaloukas and siskauskas are also complimentary.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    it is proof that the nba and the euroleague are totally different. Childress was a better player at atlanta than he is at olympiakos were he is totally average,or even less.I never said he was the most offensive one on one player, said he was better than navarro at creating his own shot.definately not complimentary as you say. no doubt papaloukas and siskauskas are also complimentary.
    I don't believe we are talking about the same player. Rudy is not that much of a skilled player offensively in terms of his fundamental all around offensive tools and skill set. He's a very good shooter and passer but other than that he's average at best. I'm not saying he sucks, I'm just stating the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    I don't believe we are talking about the same player. Rudy is not that much of a skilled player offensively in terms of his fundamental all around offensive tools and skill set. He's a very good shooter and passer but other than that he's average at best. I'm not saying he sucks, I'm just stating the truth.
    you are not stating the truth you are stating your opinion.
    obviously not talking about the same player.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

The truth is some where in between. Rudy Fernandez lead DKV Joventut to the ULEB championship which means he was far from average, but he was also far from being "the best player outside the nba" or a premier talent in europe. If he was playing on a more prestigious euroleague team Rudy Fernandez would be a complementary player, same as the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    The truth is some where in between. Rudy Fernandez lead DKV Joventut to the ULEB championship which means he was far from average, but he was also far from being "the best player outside the nba" or a premier talent in europe. If he was playing on a more prestigious euroleague team Rudy Fernandez would be a complementary player, same as the nba.
    again opinions. lets face it, you think Splitter is the dog's bollocks and he cant handle Santiago!Lets hope he has another stinker tonight.

Banned

THANK YOU. That is exactly what I am saying and these other guys are just ridiculously overrating him.

again opinions. lets face it, you think Splitter is the dog's bollocks and he cant handle Santiago!Lets hope he has another stinker tonight.
    Tiago Splitter is as good a center as anyone except Dwight Howard or Yao Ming. The only thing against him is in the nba there are a lot of dirty players, flopping and a foreigner like him wouldn't get a call. 99% of the centers in the nba would fail to achieve what he does at Tau.
    Last edited by b.jerk; 04-09-2009 at 04:07 PM.

Tiago Splitter is as good a center as anyone except Dwight Howard or Yao Ming. The only thing against him is in the nba there are a lot of dirty players, flopping and a foreigner like him wouldn't get a call. 99% of the centers in the nba would fail to achieve what he does at Tau.
    Tiago Splitter isn't even the best center in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Tiago Splitter isn't even the best center in Europe.
    Splitter pushed Barcelona for five games with little around him. Arguably he's the best center in europe, and I would rather have someone that plays in the paint like Splitter, than a point-center like Vujcic, or a jump shooter like Nachbar. I hope Tau puts some pieces around him for next season. If I were Tau I sign Casspi, and Eliyahu and teach them what they didn't learn at maccabi.

Splitter pushed Barcelona for five games with little around him. Arguably he's the best center in europe, and I would rather have someone that plays in the paint like Splitter, than a point-center like Vujcic, or a jump shooter like Nachbar. I hope Tau puts some pieces around him for next season. If I were Tau I sign Casspi, and Eliyahu and teach them what they didn't learn at maccabi.
    Tau was a solid team. Rakocevic is one of the best scorers in the Euroleague and ACB, Prigioni is an excellent point guard, Mickael, McDonald, and Teletovic are solid role players.

Give me Giannis Bourousis, Felipe Reyes, and Nikola Pekovic over Splitter.

Tau was a solid team. Rakocevic is one of the best scorers in the Euroleague and ACB, Prigioni is an excellent point guard, Mickael, McDonald, and Teletovic are solid role players.

Wow! have there ever been more wrongs ever in a post. Where was Rakocevic scoring today, no one showed up today except for Splitter. Today it literally was Tiago Splitter vs Barcelona.

Wow! have there ever been more wrongs ever in a post. Where was Rakocevic scoring today, no one showed up today except for Splitter. Today it literally was Tiago Splitter vs Barcelona.
    One game, big deal. You act as if Splitter has been carrying them all season when the truth is he's not even the most important player on his team.

One game, big deal. You act as if Splitter has been carrying them all season when the truth is he's not even the most important player on his team.
    the public ignores the nba because of crap like this

totally agree with you. yes splitter did have a good game in game 5 but he was poor in most others and was bossed about by santiago and vazquez in game 2 and 4. Scola was far better and more important to TAU than splitter will ever be. And I am accused of ridiculously overrating Rudy,well the overrating of Splitter in this post is beyond ridiculous, but as I say its opinions and we all entitled to them.

totally agree with you. yes splitter did have a good game in game 5 but he was poor in most others and was bossed about by santiago and vazquez in game 2 and 4. Scola was far better and more important to TAU than splitter will ever be. And I am accused of ridiculously overrating Rudy,well the overrating of Splitter in this post is beyond ridiculous, but as I say its opinions and we all entitled to them.
    Yeah you would agree with Grinder. Rudy Fernandez isn't even as smart of Splitter, the moron took less money hitching himself to a dying league, that revenue isn't enough to prevent contract restructuring, to a team no one cares about outside of portland, that doesn't even make a profit in portland, owned by a billionaire that's being personally sued for Madoff-like deceit, that's keeping it up only because regulations were changed to allow toxic assets to be valued at any value deemed by entity. His peers in europe are laughing at Rudy Fernandez for being such an idiot.