Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Man Murders A Drunk Driver After Car Crash

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Dumb move by dad.
    Should have waited a few months, or even years before doing it.
    Not bad at all by dad. I mean if some dude ever kills some person I love in front of me, I would do the same thing. It's a thing of passion. You're not thinking at that point; it is stupid to suggest you are rational; you act on impulse and if that impulse is revenge, then there is nothing a person can do to act otherwise.

No one is going to think "Oh I'm going to kill this dude 6 months later when he goes to Reno and stays at the Ritz," the impulse is telling him to act right now and quickly.

If I was in that situation, I would prob do the same thing; I'm not better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    Imagine the guilt you'd have if you were drunk and killed 2 innocent children. At the same time, it doesn't mean you deserve to be executed that way. I'm not going to sit here and lie. I have driven drunk on two occasions. Then my sister who works at Memorial Hermann Hospital took me to her job and showed me a kid who was brain dead from a drunk driving accident. That was four years ago. Since then, I have never touched a car after drinking and I always advice my friends to avoid it also.
    What part of Houston is your sister from/does she live in?

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

I hope that 5 seconds that probably felt incredibly good after shooting that kid made it worth the next 20+ years he's going to spending in jail for a hommy

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

i would have done the same if my son was killed and i had a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    neither are rare

right now it looks like drunk-driving is around 9k a year and text-driving around 4k...just my guesses based on the current trends and directions, I can't find 2012 numbers, just 2011

I bet in 5 years they will be about equal
    youre so spoiled you can never admit to be wrong.

let me rephrase

Which happens less often?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    That is f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking bulls[COLOR="Black"]h[/COLOR]it. It's called being accountable, proactive and responsible.

I've been shitfaced out of my mind with keys in my hand and my truck not far away. Never thought about driving. One time I even put the seats down and passed out in the back.

If you're going out, have a plan to get out of there safely. Walk. Get a taxi. Designated driver. Or don't drink. Before you start drinking, you're sober and perfectly capable of making the decision not to drink.
    I agree.

The USA is way too lenient with drunk drivers. Back in my college days, one of my roomates went out driving while blacked out drunk one night, and ended up rear ending a parked car, ultimately resulting in a DUI. The guy was completely blacked out, he did not remember a single thing from the entire arrest. He could have EASILY killed an entire family that night, yet he was back on the road after a few months. His "punishment" was going to diversion classes once a week for a few months (he described it as "group drug therapy") and pay a few thousand dollars worth of fines and fees. After that it was like nothing ever happened, he said that he even managed to get it completely wiped from his driving record, so if a cop runs his plates they dont see DUI in their search results.

All that said, I dont think we should just start executing drunk drivers on the spot. I can certainly see why a father would react like this in the heat of the moment, but the father should have just let the driver be arrested.

2nd late edit: also, this is one of the very few threads in ISH OTC history where I agree with hawker. crazy that it takes drunk driving to see eye to eye on something.
    Last edited by Nanners; 02-12-2013 at 10:57 PM.

That is f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking bulls[COLOR="Black"]h[/COLOR]it. It's called being accountable, proactive and responsible.

I've been shitfaced out of my mind with keys in my hand and my truck not far away. Never thought about driving. One time I even put the seats down and passed out in the back.

If you're going out, have a plan to get out of there safely. Walk. Get a taxi. Designated driver. Or don't drink. Before you start drinking, you're sober and perfectly capable of making the decision not to drink.
    Totally agree

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Ugly ass family
    lmao what an ass

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

of course the guy went overboard and yes i do think D&Ding is a "mistake". But its hard to imagine the guy watching his 2 young sons helping push his car in the dark cause of his mistake (running out of gas?) only to get mowed over by a drunk driver. in his situation, armed with a gun its hard to blame him

PT defending drunk driving, nice.

Isn't there something called temporary insanity? I've heard it in movies and such. I think this would certainly qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpuente
    youre so spoiled you can never admit to be wrong.

let me rephrase

Which happens less often?
    Deaths caused by texting happen less often...whats your point though? It doesnt mean its rare or any less significant

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Isn't there something called temporary insanity? I've heard it in movies and such. I think this would certainly qualify.
    Are you even allowed to drive with a gun on you?

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Have you ever blacked out? Serious question

The night I got my DWI I don't remember, I was told a cop was helping someone on the side if the road and he had to dive out of the way because I almost hit him. When they chased me down and pulled me over I was told I had a champagne bottle in my lap, opened...I was too drunk to even know to hide it.

Had I killed that cop is be in prison for life...and I was in a state of mind where I didn't know my own name, I was blackout drunk.

I'm not defending drunk driving in here, it is a crime and should go punished, but the truth is many of these people are making poor decisions because they are drunk....they probably did several retarded things that night that they would never do while sober.