View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 04:32 PM   #12436
9erempiree
Banned

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Haven't watched much movies last year. Since it is Oscar week, I have watched Gravity, Her, 12 Years a Slave and Wolf of Wall Street.

Gravity:

Really overrated movie. I don't know if that has to do with watching it at home instead of 3D. The visuals are great and it is a non-stop thriller. Haven't see a movie that kept you on the edge of your seat like this move. Other than that, it is a pretty boring plot and story. 6/10

Her:

A very good movie from all aspects of life. Cinematography was great and every scene artistic. You can pretty much freeze frame everyone see and it would make a nice portrait. You can't help but find yourself in love with the AI just like Theodore did. To later find out it is Johannson, is a bonus. I can go on about this movie and its philosophical underlying but that is another thread. 9/10

12 Years a Slave:

Probably the best movie from an era and storytelling. Great movie and it made you wish there were more movies like this. The dialogue, clothes and mannerism were depicted accurately. Paid very good attention to detail. 8/10

Wolf of Wall Street

Good movie but it didn't need to be 3 hours long of foul language, sex and drugs. They could have cut that crap out. The acting was way over the top and it feels like a ripoff of many Scorcese classics. No character development and there was no moral of the story. The beautiful thing about this film is how Scorcese and Leo conned us in watching this movie like the main character. In that aspect it was brilliant but as a movie snob, it wasn't very good compared to his other films. 7/10
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote