Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Christian Eyenga; look into his eyes and tell me what you see

I'm sorry mods, what constitutes a banning? When you close someone's threads, and a few hours later, they post the same thread? What exactly is spamming? This isn't discussion. I can post a "Wilson Chandler is the next Michael Jordan thread" and it would be as valid as this. And i don't see why i shouldn't, if this is what passes as discussion on the board. At least it won't be cav or laker spam threads for once.

High School Starter lxlHoTsAuSelxl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTew2KzGH94

Is he the new Pip for LeBron??

- elite quickness

- legit 6'5 with 7'2 wingspan

- unconfirmed 42'' vert

- tremendous one and two foot jumper

- very good defender skills

- GREAT explosiveness off the dribble

- has post-up ability

- raw jumper but good technique

- last but certainly not least: CAME THE F*CK OUTTA NOWHERE!!
    Never knew LeDunkedOn needed a Pippen.

Another thing, WHO IS THIS GUY? WHERE IS HE FROM? WOW HE CAN DUNK.

One more thing, your retarded.

btw......James White where is he now idiot?

[QUOTE=PleezeBelieve]Christian Eyenga; look into his eyes and tell me what you see[/url]

I see a young kid who hasn't played organized basketball very long. Why show a video of him only dunking? I'm not saying he won't be successful, but it's more than likely he'll end up like Gerald Green or something and the biggest thing he'll be known for is some weird dunk in the NBA dunk contest.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

It has been confirmed he will be playing in spain next season. I don't have a link though.

And the reason he was not playing on spain's top tier team is because he doesn't have a spanish visa and according to their league rules a team can only have a limited number of non-visa holding players rostered.

From someone who's on the Cavs coaching staff :

I've never in my life seen a kid of such limited game experience do the things with the ball I've seen this kid do so naturally....

I'm not going to throw undue pressure on such a raw talent, but, just let this kid get his experience and time in the game over the next year or two.

When it's time for this kid to hit the US ....just save this little piece I'm writing now and remember the name and what I've written.

I'm saying no more about this kid til he shows up here and is ready for this level.

But, when I tell you I've never seen a player with his level of play experience do some of the things I've seen this kid do .,.,we're talking decades in this game, and am including a young star I've spent time with out of Akron... OK ?

Just some collective athetic attributes he displayed with the ball leave you with your mouth open at times.
    We had 28 teams scratching their heads last night I think ... one team wasn't laughing .. and, a select few people would like to kill a few of our scouts and Danny Ferry right now.
    He came in today and we ran him through some drills.

I have been given the impression that he absolutely dropped the jaws of everyone present with his athletic ability.

Just his raw jumping ability, he was able to just about touch the top of the backboard.

No joke.

Handles the ball very well ...

Shoots well

Runs like the wind..

Everyone knew he was likely going to open some eyes with his athleticism, but, even being prepared to likely see something special in that regard, they were all blown away.

Looks like we do have a very special special athletic talent.

Now, we need to formulate a plan of attack to get him developed and ready to play at this level.

We're dealing athletically with a kind of talent that would be seen as upper 1% ...there with the best that have played the game.
    Brian Windhorst's article about Eyenga : http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....ga_summer.html

I'm not expecting him to be a Euro version of LeBron or anything, but we got him with the 30th pick. He could be a steal.

Local High School Star visirale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    From someone who's on the Cavs coaching staff :

Brian Windhorst's article about Eyenga : http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....ga_summer.html

I'm not expecting him to be a Euro version of LeBron or anything, but we got him with the 30th pick. He could be a steal.
    Wow take the homervision goggles off... Cleveland wasted a first round pick on an international player that won't be ready for years... I know all about that because the Magic did too a few years back with Fran Vazquez.

Get ready for years of troubles as he gets different contracts over there and never quite makes it over here.

I don't believe for a second that he's not on the top DKV Jovenut team because he doesn't have a visa, that is easy to get and the team sure as hell has competent enough lawyers to get whatever he needed if he was talented enough to be on the top team.

This was an awful pick... The only logic I could think of is that Ferry wanted to avoid taking on more salary of drafting a player he could actually sign? But then again why wouldn't you want to add young talent that can play now to help you contend?

Just another shortcoming of the Cleveland front office staff.

Quote Originally Posted by visirale
    Wow take the homervision goggles off... Cleveland wasted a first round pick on an international player that won't be ready for years.
    I'm not saying it's a great pick. Can he be a bust ? Absolutely. But he was the 30th pick in what's supposed to be a weak draft. We didn't waste a lottery pick like the Magic did with Vasquez. Is the reward potentially greater than the risk ? Yeah. Even if he stays in Europe for his entire career or if he's not good enough to be in this league, that wouldn't hurt us a whole lot.

I don't believe for a second that he's not on the top DKV Jovenut team because he doesn't have a visa
    It's not because he doesn't have a visa. It's because he's not Spanish and Spanish teams can only have a few foreigners on their teams. He was too raw to be on the main team so he played with their second team.

But then again why wouldn't you want to add young talent that can play now to help you contend?
    Maybe because they didn't feel the other players left on the board would be difference makers. But Eyenga in the best case scenario can. So they took the risk.

Just another shortcoming of the Cleveland front office staff.
    Another ?

Cleveland is in win now mode, they need size, and Blair was on the board. THey are not sure if Lebron is staying past this year. And with the 30th pick, they select a total project whose only praise is coming from people who had a hand in selecting him. Could he be great? Yes. Would i bet on it? NO. When will he be great? YEARS from now.

Just saying...i'm not sure how this consitutes a good pick for a win now team whose problem seems to be quality depth.

Local High School Star visirale's Avatar

I'm not saying it's a great pick. Can he be a bust ? Absolutely. But he was the 30th pick in what's supposed to be a weak draft. We didn't waste a lottery pick like the Magic did with Vasquez. Is the reward potentially greater than the risk ? Yeah. Even if he stays in Europe for his entire career or if he's not good enough to be in this league, that wouldn't hurt us a whole lot.
    True the Magic did waste a more important pick. I still feel like there were quite a few difference makers left on the board at that point. DeJuan Blair slipped to San Antonio? He wasn't high on any team's draft board and I doubt Cleveland's scouts saw something no one else did.

It's not because he doesn't have a visa. It's because he's not Spanish and Spanish teams can only have a few foreigners on their teams. He was too raw to be on the main team so he played with their second team.
    Convoluted way of saying that he isn't good enough to be on the top team so he's on the farm team.

Maybe because they didn't feel the other players left on the board would be difference makers. But Eyenga in the best case scenario can. So they took the risk.
    Perhaps, but almost all the other teams in the league did feel that the players left on the board were difference makers--or at least above Eyenga.

Another ?
    Not rading for Shaq at the trade deadline, missing on numerous free-agents (although in all fairness, that's not their fault at all...). I'll just say from an outsider's point of view, it doesn't look good for Danny Ferry at this point.

I will be the first back here to eat my words if Eyenga turns into a halfway decent player.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Cleveland is in win now mode, they need size, and Blair was on the board. THey are not sure if Lebron is staying past this year. And with the 30th pick, they select a total project whose only praise is coming from people who had a hand in selecting him. Could he be great? Yes. Would i bet on it? NO. When will he be great? YEARS from now.

Just saying...i'm not sure how this consitutes a good pick for a win now team whose problem seems to be quality depth.
    they probably didnt take blair because he would of beaten AV for the starting spot.

THey are not sure if Lebron is staying past this year. And with the 30th pick, they select a total project
    Maybe because they're not that worried about LeBron leaving ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    Maybe because they're not that worried about LeBron leaving ?
    if he guaranteed he stayed they still picked a person who is going to be a non entity for several years. there will be up and town periods even if he stays, and they are SO close to a title, and they picked up a long shot pick, AGAIN with Blair on the board.

Do you really think this kid will be a star? Pleezebelieve thinks he will be a star. That almost guarantees he won't.

BTW, i'm not saying this is a bad pick, but to come in and act like it's this slam dunk steal is ridiculous. There are picks like this all the time and they almost never pan out. Its like me putting down $1 on the longshot in the race, eventually it will pan out, doesn't mean it was a good bet - it just worked that time.

the fact this kid doesn't play on his team is a HUGE red flag to me.

Do you really think this kid will be a star?
    Of course not. Only a moron would think that. But he doesn't have to be a star. He was the last pick of the 1st round in a weak draft. If he can be in the rotation in a few years, then it wasn't a bad pick. And if it doesn't happen, well it's not like we bet anything on this kid.

I don't know anything about Blair, I don't watch college hoops. But he's a PF right ? Would he get PT behind Shaq, Z, Varejao, Hickson and Darnell Jackson ? And we can still have LeBron play some 4. If he does deserve the PT, why did he slip to the secound round ?

the fact this kid doesn't play on his team is a HUGE red flag to me.
    They signed him for 3 years. I don't think they'd do that just to keep him on their second team.