Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Default Re: Who Wins? College vs Euro

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Not necessarily. How many players from those teams would be lottery picks? Maccabi's top headline is they just signed Rodney White, a former NBA player, who nobody knows. Memphis and Kansas had guys on their team who are going to be starters and stars in the league. I wouldn't say a college team would win for sure, but I wouldn't say a Euroleague team would either. It would be a good game.
    Memphis and Kansas would need Stern's crooked refs to call the game to keep it close. Rodney White had to be good since he was a ninth pick but most of the recent maccabi's post nba signing turnout busts and the israelies are better than given credit for. The israeli league was watered down past market size to twelve teams because maccabi and jerusalem thought the league was too competitive and just when everyone thought the league was in decline, the teams got stronger in the offseason.

Decent playground baller simasu01's Avatar

It doesn't matter who the top picks would be. Do you really believe Kansas would beat CSKA?? You must be out of your mind. Maccabi is a lot worse, but they would still beat Memphis. Tau Ceramica would absolutely destroy UCLA or KU. Montepaschi would beat any of the top 4 teams also. Otherwise, USA would be winning the international tournaments with college players still.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by simasu01
    It doesn't matter who the top picks would be. Do you really believe Kansas would beat CSKA?? You must be out of your mind. Maccabi is a lot worse, but they would still beat Memphis. Tau Ceramica would absolutely destroy UCLA or KU. Montepaschi would beat any of the top 4 teams also. Otherwise, USA would be winning the international tournaments with college players still.
    I think you are dead wrong. CSKA stars are Planicic, a guy who struggled in the league and Trajon Langdon? I think Chalmers Rush Arthur and Kaun (who just signed with CSKA) would beat them. YadiGG?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by eprizzle14
    I think you are dead wrong. CSKA stars are Planicic, a guy who struggled in the league and Trajon Langdon? I think Chalmers Rush Arthur and Kaun (who just signed with CSKA) would beat them. YadiGG?
    ...and Papaloukas and Siskauskas and Holden and Andersen and Smodis and Zisis and Khryapa. The best NBA players can

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

[QUOTE=R.I.P.]...and Papaloukas and Siskauskas and Holden and Andersen and Smodis and Zisis and Khryapa. The best NBA players can

The people that can't accept the euroleague is getting better than the nba are the same people that couldn't accept either the morgage crisis or the bank crisis

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by eprizzle14
    Not quite a national team but I'm saying I'd put my money on some matchups with great confidence maybe now quite all of them. And I guess "some college team" dont have NBA starts writtin on thier forheads as theyd blow by their opponent
    Papaloukas plays for Greece, Holden and Khryapa for Russia, Smodis for Slovenia, Siskauskas for Lithuania, Planicic for Croatia, Zisis for Greece. Except for the Americans (Andersen/Langdon) they are all featured players of strong national teams, so how is that NOT a national team? You act like the whole Kansas team 1 through 10 will be drafted and have successful NBA careers. CSKA goes ten deep with pros. Langdon had a better collge career than half the Kansas roster and for one reason or another he ended up being an elite (paid) player in Europe.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    The people that can't accept the euroleague is getting better than the nba are the same people that couldn't accept either the morgage crisis or the bank crisis
    You're crazy to think there's more talent in the Euroleague than the NBA. We were talking about one game against a college team. It wouldn't be a blowout. It could go either way.

Decent playground baller simasu01's Avatar

Euroleague is GETTING better, sure, some Euro teams beat the NBA teams in the summer, that doesn't mean much, but if the US keeps this me-first, world-last attitude, the Euroleague will be the top level basketball league. And look at this, one of the top high schoolers in the US wants to play in Europe rather than college because of "higher level of skill" and "professional men." He will start a trend of Americans going to Europe, but they could turn out to be busts, sort of like some Europeans in the NBA. I think people in the US really underestimate the international game, and Brandon Jennings, the high schooler, will have a much harder time in Europe due to: 1. higher level of game 2. culture and 3. lack of experience. He will experience what internationals experience in the NBA, except for the lack of experience because good Euros play for clubs since they are 15, 16, or 17.

NBA lottery pick

I really don't think it's a me first attitude. I don't look at it that way. I just feel there's no credit given when the NBA has certainly accomplished so much. It really seems like there are too many people who would rather bash than say something good.

I hope Jennings is a bust. He didn't go to Europe because of the higher level of competition. He went there because he wasn't smart enough to make it in college. By smart I mean grade wise. He failed all of his entrance exams. He's trying to get around the NBA age rule. He's the first that will try, and I'm sure he won't be the last. He just took a huge risk that could destroy his career. Although, if he does well, his stock could have went up.

The euroleague is going to be better than the nba for these reasons

[LIST][*]The euroleague has more owners committed to spending what it takes to win
    [*]There's no protection in the nba for the integrity of the game, the nba is a tyranny of David Stern
    [*]Because there's no protection, players don't get better and scores are inflated
    [*]Incompetent owners in the euroleague eventually go away but incompetent owners in the nba are rewarded with high draft picks
    [*]Most nba teams can't afford it's payroll
    [*]Their are more viewers in the euroleague than the nba[/LIST]

NBA lottery pick

There are some of those that are pretty far off. David Stern isn't a tyrant. The players union has a ton of power in the game. That's what collective bargaining agreements are for. Every team can afford its payroll. Just because a team ends up with a lottery pick doesn't mean they are dumb. Some teams stay under the cap, and do well with youth and cheaper players. That's how they make their money. The Chicago Bulls certainly aren't a dumb organization, yet they had the #1 pick. The Boston Celtics were obviously very smart. The lottery can turn teams around completely. Most of the time the team with the worst record doesn't even get the #1 pick. The lottery is a fair system that is absolutely necessary. If people that wanted to go to the NBA could go to any team they could choose it would be very unfair to the smaller market teams with less money. The NBA is still marketed much better than the Euroleague. What good does more viewers do if it doesn't turn into marketing dollars of some sort?

I don't even know how you can say players don't get better. So you're saying Lebron isn't better today than when he was a rookie?? How about Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan...?? The list can go on forever. The best thing they did was not allow high schoolers into the league. The NBA is a mans game not a game for 15 or 16 year olds like the Euroleague is. Now that the NBA has an age limit there will be less busts. There will be people hyped up coming out of high school that now need to prove themselves. For every Lebron James & Kobe Bryant, there are another 50 kids that don't make it. What a smart move by such a tyrant Stern.

How about another post to bash the USA or it's sports......... I don't come on here and say Lithuana sucks or Spain sucks, but yet you guys feel compelled to come on here and say the USA sucks. It sounds like you have a huge case of little man syndrome right now.

NBA lottery pick

[QUOTE=R.I.P.]...and Papaloukas and Siskauskas and Holden and Andersen and Smodis and Zisis and Khryapa. The best NBA players can

If you think David Stern isn't a tyrant that controls the nba anyway he can and demands what the media and fans think than I couldn't disagree with you more. The problem with the nba is I don't what's real and what's inflated. You have three former officals that admitted that league officals influenced them to favor games. There is an additional official Scott Foster that had taken over 130 personal calls from Tim Donaghy during his fixing affair. Over a third or nearly half of the league's offense being scored on the free throw line, the nba has problems and if I really wanted to bash the nba than I could go into the nba's accounting irregularities.

I view patriotism in professional sports as idiotic, sacrifice in professional sports isn't even close to real sacrifice. I have nothing against professional athletes helping themselves but they live in a different world than those that make real sacrifices.

NBA lottery pick

I never said the officiating in the NBA didn't suck, but I also remember the Olympics in 2004 where it was also terrible. Bashing officiating and bashing actual talent on a roster are two different things. I can make a huge list of what's wrong with the Euroleague too. But that was a different thread. It's crazy for anybody to say that here we don't have as much talent as the rest of the world, especially Europe, in basketball. Patriotism goes along with almost everything. Of course I'm going to support the US in all sports, but I'm not crazy enough to say we are gold medal contenders in everything. In Basketball, we certainly are. To stay on topic with this thread, yes our college national champion certainly would be a contender. I never said a lock to win it over there, but you can't just say they would be crushed. Especially, when it's the teams that are losing to the champion and the guys that are sitting the benches that end up going to Europe. Heck, now those teams want any excuse of some sort of national heritage to send our players to their olympics, even in womens basketball. Don't ever, ever, ever count us out of basketball.