Page 14 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground Finn T-Mac's Avatar

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V discussion

Hopefully my pre-order will arrive on the release date.

My only issue that I keep fearing is that there's some sort of technical issue. There's so much stuff in this game, so much more than any other game previously, so how will current gen consoles be able to run this without lag or freezing....I'm crossing my fingers, and can't wait to get this

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    This game will destroy my social life entirely. I won't be needing to buy the PS4 for a good year or two with this game coming out. If GTA IV can have me hooked like no other, I can't even imagine all the time I'll be devoting into this game.

Life = over.
    Yeah, my grades in school are ****ed

BTW, I sent you a friend request on PSN.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Finn T-Mac

My only issue that I keep fearing is that there's some sort of technical issue. There's so much stuff in this game, so much more than any other game previously, so how will current gen consoles be able to run this without lag or freezing....I'm crossing my fingers, and can't wait to get this
    I'm sure they've tested this game over and over on the current-gen consoles. They wouldn't put it out if the PS3 or 360 couldn't handle the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Yeah, my grades in school are ****ed

BTW, I sent you a friend request on PSN.
    Didn't you send me one a while back? I accepted it, but then a few days later, you weren't on my friends list anymore. I figured you must've deleted me.

If you sent it again, I'll add ya.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Well, I don't think there will be any major issues for two main reasons:

1) It's Rockstar, arguably the best developer in the business.
    2) It took them over 5 years to develop this game, so obviously they took their time to build such an ambitious project.

This is like San Andreas only bigger, way nicer graphics, even more content, and far better gameplay mechanics from the looks of things.

Like someone else mentioned, this is literally all genre of games in one.
    I just WISH we could play basketball, or soccer...that would have been so ****ing incredible!

NBA Superstar

I don't think I'm truly concerned about that, but more in a this-is-too-good-to-be-true type of fashion. It just seems like there has to be a catch because it appears it'll be so incredible.

One of my real worries is my zip drive. I've never used anything but my 360 harddrive to store data but GTA V will require an 8GB download on startup, and I'm out of room, so I'm going zip. Does the zip work seamlessly in that regard? If it's plugged in, will the game recognize it immediately? Never any problems?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Didn't you send me one a while back? I accepted it, but then a few days later, you weren't on my friends list anymore. I figured you must've deleted me.

If you sent it again, I'll add ya.
    Nah, you sent me a friend request a while back and I didn't see until like a week later, but by then you deleted it.

It should be illegal to release this game. This shit just looks too addicting. Can't wait!

Yeah, Rockstar would never release the game if that was the case. They have way too much to lose.

Now that I think about it more, this game might make it not only that I won't buy a PS4 for a long time, but that I'll miss out on 2K14, the next Assassin's Creed, & even though I've already preordered Watch Dogs, I might not even play it for a good while.

Rockstar, ruining other games' chances of hooking guys like me for years to come.

Darn everyone getting it for PS3

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear

PS3 or die.

I heard online wont be available until 2 weeks after the release.

Also like more details on online. Is it going to be like RDR? Because that game you could do missions, bounty hunt, play poker, deathmatch. A host of things in the free world as you roam to specific destinations to fire up a game mode solo or in a clan. Also will the clan/crew work similar to RDR? A person asks another to join and you agree?

Too much stuff to ask, lack of answers is frustrating.

Copy & pasted this from reddit:
    "Living" online world
    Character customization
    Multiplayer-only missions
    Can form "crews" with other players
    Mini-games like arm wrestling (tennis hinted)
    Co-op heists confirmed
    Own property like apartments
    Garages for all types of vehicles
    Content creator tools for races (all vehicles) and deathmatches
    Online will have a story and characters
    Rockstar to be continuously developing for online content.
    16 player limit (thanks, /u/eks)
    GTA Online comes free with retail copies of GTA V, and launches on October 1st (after the release of the game on Sept. 17)
    The following is from CVG's hand's on experience with GTA Online. A link to the video is posted below.
    Characters from GTA V will appear in GTA Online
    GTA Online will not always be limited to Los Santos; additional locations are in the works
    CVG says you can do anything in GTA Online that you can do in GTA V. They list the following: heists, co-op missions, gang attacks, death matches, impromptu deathmatch, races, tennis, golf, base jumping, shooting range, ambient events (hold ups of stores, armored van robberies, crate drops, import/export missions involving car theft, bounties that you can set on other players and people can claim), betting
    If you are killed while holding money (CVG says 1million as an example) you will lose a large portion of it, and others can steal it. Use banks to keep money safe
    An in-game smartphone can call your friends whether they are in GTA Online or GTA V. You can also use this to set waypoints for your friends. While using the phone, your avatar moves their lips with yours.
    While you are driving, you can choose to grant someone else permission over the radio
    In-game AI will respond to how aggressive you are on your mic (as in, if you're shouting during a robbery, the AI will react and speed up/become more frightened)
    Whoever sets up a heist decides who gets what cut of the final money when that money is obtained
    Garages range from two car ports to 10 car ports
    Cars can have retractable roofs controlled by the player
    Missions can be accessed by physical markers or through a quickmatch sort of menu
    User-made missions can be favorited and rated
    You can assign other players certain roles in missions based on the particular abilities they have leveled up
    You can share cash and ammunition with other players
    There are stealth kill animations, possibly with a knife. The game tracks the amount of noise your character is making, and the AI will respond accordingly
    You can steal physical items. During the demo, a mission was done in which a bike warehouse was robbed. The bikes had to be transported out in a large truck
    "RP" are the points you get to level up your character
    You can use physical gestures, such as flipping the bird
    All of your info/communications in the game appear in the "Feed." Rockstar mentioned this as a sort of Twitter for GTA Online
    You can purchase insurance for your car. By insuring your vehicle, if it gets destroyed or stolen, you can have it replaced by paying a small premium
    Police helicopters have cameras mounted to the front of them. In real time, you can watch on live TV (on the news channel in your apartment) players with a high wanted level being chased by the police. There are additional channels with programs such as a crime noir show
    Heists can have up to 20 different components. A heist is mentioned where a Titan (largest aircraft) is guarded by "Maryweather" (sp?). The Titan is indeed a flyable aircraft
    There is a heli-pad on the roof of (at least) the largest AmmuNation and the store can also be accessed from there
    Off the west coast of Los Santos, there is an another island with lots of buildings. This has not been seen before, but the folks at CVG saw it from afar
    There is a "passive" mode where you cannot shoot or be shot
    Your online world will always be populated with by 16 human players. You can still have friends in the game with you, but the other slots will fill up with random people around the same reputation level, as well
    there's some new info in there. 16 player limit is weak though

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    A few of us are getting it on the 360.