Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Default Re: How Can I watch Euroleague Games For Free?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    The Greek league is better than the ACB this year. Also, starting next year the VTB league will be better than the ACB. And unlike the Greek league it won't be just a one year thing. It will be pretty much every year.
    how is the Greek league better than the ACB? attendence records are better in the ACB the teams are better. 2 of the best 3 teams in Europe so far barca and madrid are in it. Unicaja and Caja laboral are also in the top end of their groups in the Euroleague and the teams in the eurocup are doing well too.In Greece you have Pana 1 of the 3 mentioned above Olympiakos which is a joke,unable to beat Unicaja of ACB who are currently 13th in the ACB. Come on Marroussi are your 3rd team at the moment and cant get more than a couple of thousand to go watch their games,more like a couple of hundreds last time i saw a home game.There is no league in Europe better than the ACB at the moment.To think that is fanatsy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    how is the Greek league better than the ACB? attendence records are better in the ACB the teams are better. 2 of the best 3 teams in Europe so far barca and madrid are in it. Unicaja and Caja laboral are also in the top end of their groups in the Euroleague and the teams in the eurocup are doing well too.In Greece you have Pana 1 of the 3 mentioned above Olympiakos which is a joke,unable to beat Unicaja of ACB who are currently 13th in the ACB. Come on Marroussi are your 3rd team at the moment and cant get more than a couple of thousand to go watch their games,more like a couple of hundreds last time i saw a home game.There is no league in Europe better than the ACB at the moment.To think that is fanatsy.

For one thing the main thing everyone comes up with is attendance. That says it all. Attendance is NOT what determines a league value. The play on the court is better this year in A1 than in ACB, which BTW is also a 2 team league. It used to be a 4 team league but in this time it's also a 2 team league.

Also, Maroussi's lowest attendance on the season is 1,650 but you like to exaggerate and call that a couple hundred. It's just like saying that Real never drew more than 2,000 to a game.

Decent playground baller

This Lakas guy has no idea of what he talks. He is a greek expat, whoever knows where in the world and he just act as if he was european and knew what he was saying

I think that even the greek national president would recognise that the spanish league is far better than the greek league. Its not even near. One is a professional league in terms of money, attendances, rentability and the other one is a league of two teams which is tendency is to dissapear

I wonder why Spanish teams have 7 invitations for playing european competitions and greek teams 5 invitations

And coincidentally, the third greek team of Euroleague is always one of the worst of the competitions, proving every year that Greece hasnt got level for having 3 teams at Euroleague. Something that Bertomeu has already said, by stating that they would have to consider to invite Greece third team, because it doesnt cover the minumums, neither in terms of attendances, neither in terms of level. Spain has at least 6 teams that would make a much better EL record than Maroussi, who can be happy if the win a game

But well, this is so obvious that is ridiculous to discuss. As he doesnt have a clue about european basketball he will answer you with any freak answer he has heard. But comparing the level of a neo-professional league that is going to dissapear to ACB is just laughable

And yes, ACB is so poor in competitiveness that it has had 4 Champions in the last 4 years. Panathinaikos keeps winning his league since 1920

But well, you could also argue that Greek soccer league is as competitive as English Premier League, because ManU has won the championship 3 times in a row

Decent playground baller

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ULEB_League_Rankings

In fact according to ULEB league rankings, Greek league is the 3rd best league at Europe. Dont even the second one

And I guess that the distance is higher in their barometer between Spanish and Greek league, than between Greek and Croatian or Eslovenian League

When you come to Europe Lakas, dont say that the greek league is the best one in Europe, neither in Greece, they will look you as a retarded

The next thing to hear is that Panathinaikos or Olympiakos would be a Champions League team if they played the spanish football league or that Baghdatis is better than Nadal

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hyman
    This Lakas guy has no idea of what he talks. He is a greek expat, whoever knows where in the world and he just act as if he was european and knew what he was saying

I think that even the greek national president would recognise that the spanish league is far better than the greek league. Its not even near. One is a professional league in terms of money, attendances, rentability and the other one is a league of two teams which is tendency is to dissapear

I wonder why Spanish teams have 7 invitations for playing european competitions and greek teams 5 invitations

And coincidentally, the third greek team of Euroleague is always one of the worst of the competitions, proving every year that Greece hasnt got level for having 3 teams at Euroleague. Something that Bertomeu has already said, by stating that they would have to consider to invite Greece third team, because it doesnt cover the minumums, neither in terms of attendances, neither in terms of level. Spain has at least 6 teams that would make a much better EL record than Maroussi, who can be happy if the win a game

But well, this is so obvious that is ridiculous to discuss. As he doesnt have a clue about european basketball he will answer you with any freak answer he has heard. But comparing the level of a neo-professional league that is going to dissapear to ACB is just laughable

And yes, ACB is so poor in competitiveness that it has had 4 Champions in the last 4 years. Panathinaikos keeps winning his league since 1920

But well, you could also argue that Greek soccer league is as competitive as English Premier League, because ManU has won the championship 3 times in a row

Once again Spanish teams have 3 out of the last 30 Euroleague championships. That's how freaking good the Spanish league is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hyman
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ULEB_League_Rankings

In fact according to ULEB league rankings, Greek league is the 3rd best league at Europe. Dont even the second one

And I guess that the distance is higher in their barometer between Spanish and Greek league, than between Greek and Croatian or Eslovenian League

When you come to Europe Lakas, dont say that the greek league is the best one in Europe, neither in Greece, they will look you as a retarded

The next thing to hear is that Panathinaikos or Olympiakos would be a Champions League team if they played the spanish football league or that Baghdatis is better than Nadal

Excuse me but 40% of those rankings are based on ATTENDANCE. The results rankings has Greece at #2.

You can't use freaking attendance figures to judge a league. That's absolutely RETARDED. In performance rating Greek league is #2 in the last 5 years and whether you like it or not, THIS YEAR the A1 is stronger than the ACB.

Excuse me but 40% of those rankings are based on ATTENDANCE. The results rankings has Greece at #2.

You can't use freaking attendance figures to judge a league. That's absolutely RETARDED. In performance rating Greek league is #2 in the last 5 years and whether you like it or not, THIS YEAR the A1 is stronger than the ACB.
    so if the greek league is ranked second,who is ranked 1st?

Once again Spanish teams have 3 out of the last 30 Euroleague championships. That's how freaking good the Spanish league is.
    3 different teams! have 3 different greek teams won the euroleague? Look at how many final spanish teams have been in final fours! that is precisely what you don't get we are talking about quality of the league not 1 or 2 teams. More different spanish teams have been in final fours than greek by far.that prooves the depth and quality of the league.CSKA Moscow have won a few and been in lots of final fours but is the russian league better than ACB?no not until khimki dynamo spartak unics kazan or whatever consistently make it to final fours,like unicaja,Tau(caja laboral),joventud,barca,madrid,even estudiantes made a final four.

Banned

3 different teams! have 3 different greek teams won the euroleague? Look at how many final spanish teams have been in final fours! that is precisely what you don't get we are talking about quality of the league not 1 or 2 teams. More different spanish teams have been in final fours than greek by far.that prooves the depth and quality of the league.CSKA Moscow have won a few and been in lots of final fours but is the russian league better than ACB?no not until khimki dynamo spartak unics kazan or whatever consistently make it to final fours,like unicaja,Tau(caja laboral),joventud,barca,madrid,even estudiantes made a final four.
    I believe 5 different Greek teams have played in the final four. PAO, Olympiacos, Aris, AEK, PAOK.

I believe 5 different Greek teams have played in the final four. PAO, Olympiacos, Aris, AEK, PAOK.
    against 7 spanish minimum. 3 different spanish winners only 2 greek. depth .

Banned

against 7 spanish minimum. 3 different spanish winners only 2 greek. depth .
    You keep talking about year's past. I am talking about this year. And I feel the Greek League is stronger this year.

IMO PAO > Barca

Olympiacos > Real Madrid

Maroussi and Panellinios are similar to Malaga

Aris, PAOK, Panionios are about the same as the mid level Spanish clubs like Badalona, Valencia, Sevilla.

The lower level Greek clubs are also this year very similar to the Spanish ones as even clubs like Colussus and Peristeri for example are very competitive teams. This is objective analysis.

You keep talking about year's past. I am talking about this year. And I feel the Greek League is stronger this year.

IMO PAO > Barca

Olympiacos > Real Madrid

Maroussi and Panellinios are similar to Malaga

Aris, PAOK, Panionios are about the same as the mid level Spanish clubs like Badalona, Valencia, Sevilla.

The lower level Greek clubs are also this year very similar to the Spanish ones as even clubs like Colussus and Peristeri for example are very competitive teams. This is objective analysis.
    shows you dont follow the acb.barca is by far the best team in europe at the moment, well ahead of PAO ,they already beat them home and away last year when they weren't as impressive as this year.
    You totally miss caja laboral who are second in ACB , compare marrousi with unicaja who are 12th in the ACB. Barca just beat bilbao by twenty something,bilbao are in the eurocup and are 4 and 0 . Is the 12th team in greece better than real madrid?

but anyway I dont think i'll ever convince you and you certainly can't convince me with that argument,so lets agree to disagree.