Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Default Re: Anti-bullying month: The Story of Amanda Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    She could've avoided the whole situation if she didn't flash herself on the internet.
    She was a kid. Obviously your childhood was completely free of stupid choices but unfortunately nobody else's was. That's like sitting there and saying "well killing herself was stupid because in 20 years none of this will matter." Just because it's true doesn't mean it's applicable to a teenage girl.
    Last edited by johndeeregreen; 10-12-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    She was a kid. Obviously your childhood was completely free of stupid choices but unfortunately nobody else's was. That's like sitting there and saying "well killing herself was stupid because in 20 years none of this will matter." Just because it's true doesn't mean it's applicable to a teenage girl.
    To kids at that age everything is so big. I just wish they could hang on a little bit because if they did they'd see how much your life can change. Nothing or nobody is worth your life. Suicide f**king sucks.

These stories capture my attention because of the what if factor. What if the people around her were better equipped to help her deal with her problems. What if someone had noticed a hint that she was suicidal. What if this pathetic stalker had been found and arrested.
    Last edited by RoseCity07; 10-13-2012 at 02:27 AM.

Suicide is permanent solution to a temporary problem. She had so much life left ahead of her. **** all those kids that bullied her. It's sad they get satisfaction from doing that. I have to say though. I think social media is the main culprit in bullying. Lets be honest, bullying has been going on in schools for ages. Now with things like Facebook, twitter, etc., it will follow you no matter where you go.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

It's really blowing up here. I saw a couple of people wearing pink Amanda Todd shirts in the mall today. City is really rallying around this

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    She could've avoided the whole situation if she didn't flash herself on the internet.
    Blame the parents for not pressing charges against the pedo who was posting pics of an 8th grader's boobs on the internet.
    Also She gets assaulted in front of 50 people, on video and her parents still don't do anything. Bad parenting.

Good High School Starter Saintsfan1992's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    HS females hate girls that are ho's. i didn't read or watch the whole story only the Q cards part but if she was a ho i sort of get why she got harrassed so bad by other females.
    Na, they hate the known hoes.
    most are hoes themselves.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I feel like I want to say a lot of things about the power of anonymity the internet brings and even if not anonymous the sort of no boundaries atmosphere a lot of people approach it with but I don't really know how honestly.

There's obviously always been bullying, but I'm 28, when it went on when I was in 8th/9th grade you knew who was doing it. Say what you will about it, but there's at least some honesty in mocking a person to their face. Now anyone can do it, for every one kid with the shitty life that wants to tear someone down to their face there's a dozen that're thinking it but would never dare say it. Now they can, just go make a fake Facebook account and troll your ass off.

The internet's one of the greatest inventions we've ever made, but my god, it's just as easily one of the worst.

That's why i have no problems with parents teaching their kids some self defense. These bullies needs to get their a$$ kick.

People need to learn how to take L's and stay focused.

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    It's really blowing up here. I saw a couple of people wearing pink Amanda Todd shirts in the mall today. City is really rallying around this
    I've seen a few of those as well. Everyone is choked up about it. I was furious when I woke up to people still making fun of her on Facebook and twitter.how did kids become this desensitized.

Quote Originally Posted by EricGordon23
    I've seen a few of those as well. Everyone is choked up about it. I was furious when I woke up to people still making fun of her on Facebook and twitter.how did kids become this desensitized.
    This may be the most shocking. The fact that the people who are responsible for her death just don't give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by EricGordon23
    Me too. I may be twice some of these kids ages but I would smack the shyt out of them if I came across them. It's appauling how these kids (the bullies) have absolutely no sympathy towards her and her family whatsoever. Still posting things like the bleach did it's job finally. Absolutely disgusting. They refuse the accountability. It won't be too long, just like the Vancouver riots, that people's names and faces will be publicly exposed and all hell breaks loose.
    There are petitions going around asking to reveal identity or at least have the stalker guy arrested. Also the girls who assaulted her.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
    This may be the most shocking. The fact that the people who are responsible for her death just don't give a shit.
    Not only that, post things on her MEMORIAL page saying she deserved it. Absolutely sickening.

Good High School Starter

So this is her, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtEtFeaPoEw&feature=plcp

EDIT: Yea its her. Crazy that this was uploaded just a week before.
    Last edited by BuGzBuNNy; 10-13-2012 at 05:26 PM.