Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Most underrated player on ISH is none other than ------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Steve Nash in his prime shits on both of those guys. Nash deserved four MVP's. He's easily a top 10 all time player.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Most underrated player on ISH is none other than ------------------------------------

Meh i'm with Wilt on this one...nobody has ever gotten away with more offensive fouls then Shaq has

Shaq is definitely more underrated here than Sydney Moncrief.

He's never lower than #9 on any list and his peak has been argued by some over Jordan's...absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba
    we're just going to go ahead and pretend ron artest, lamar odom, and andrew bynum didn't exist right now?

I'm just making sure we're doing this, because that is one of the strongest supporting casts in the history of the league.

Don't be a doodoo brain. Ron Artest was never very good for the Lakers. Ariza was better on BOTH sides of the ball in 2008-09 than Artest ever was.

That cast was, in fact, an awesome cast. One of the strongest supporting casts in the history of the league? Don't know, maybe...I love how inconsistent, as a whole, the team was. But you seem to ignore that, much like the Spurs in 2002-03, that team needed the monster at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234

Better than losing in the 1st round

People never seem to understand stuff like this. I'm not saying the poster's point wasn't a valid talking point, but when people just to evaluate things based on bottom lines, they always go into "He lost this many times in the Finals" and, conversely, "He never lost in the Finals"...like what, would you rather lose early? Apparently, that helps a career.

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative

Seems like no one talks about him when talking about the greatest players ever. Let me remind you of his stats at his prime.

1999-2000:
    29.7 PPG, 57% FG, 13.6 RPG, 3.8 APG, 3.0 BPG, 30.6 PER

2000-2001:
    28.7 PPG, 57.2% FG, 12.7 RPG, 3.7 APG, 2.8 BPG, 30.2 PER

2001-2002:
    27.2 PPG, 57.9% FG, 10.7 RPG, 3.0 APG, 2.0 BPG, 29.7 PER

2002-2003:
    27.5 PPG, 57.4% FG, 11.1 RPG, 3.1 APG, 2.4 BPG, 29.5 PER

Now let me remind you of his stats in the 3 finals:

1999-2000:
    38.0 PPG, 61.1% FG, 16.7 RPG, 2.3 BPG

2000-2001:
    33.0 PPG, 57.3% FG, 15.8 RPG, 4.8 APG, 3.2 BPG

2001-2002:
    36.3 PPG, 59.5% FG, 12.3 RPG, 3.8 APG, 2.8 BPG

Let's not forget he's only one of the four players in history to have 3 Finals MVP.

And people are saying Kobe or Duncan's better than the Black Tornado? Most dominant player after Jordan?

Only on ISH.
    Exactly. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Meh i'm with Wilt on this one...nobody has ever gotten away with more offensive fouls then Shaq has
    Somewhere along the line "lower your shoulder and ram through smaller guys" has become "incredibly skilled GOAT".

How people who barely saw half of the generally accepted Top 10 can say a guy in that rarified air is underrated is the height of stupidity.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

I don't think he is underrated here as he is with the media. The news, radio and etc. They seem to somewhat skip him and don't really realize his impact and individual performance is a rarity. But they do acknowledge that he is dominant, but Kobe get more talks. Part of the reason why is because he is still relevant.

It's similar to how Magic get more talks and attention than Kareem, though Kareem was legendary and was more the leader in the early 80s.

Shaq has been called the "Most Dominant Ever".

There was a thread made by the poster "Odinn" and it was to rank the Top 12 seasons by big men of the modern era. There was unanimous agreement by everyone I saw post in the thread that Shaq was #1.

I've seen posters rank him in the Top 5 and has high as Top 2.

He simply is not underrated, unless you think he does Top 3-5 mentions as well.

Shaq is not even close to being underrated.

Nobody questions that he was he man on his championship teams in 00-02, or that he was the best player at one point, or that he deserved his MVP awards.

On the other hand I've heard the opposite for Kobe. I've seen posters claim Pau was the second best player in the world in 2010, was the real finals MVP, was the best player on the championship teams. They actually think Pau ****ing Gasol was actually better! Who gets this underrated? Also heard Kobe didn't deserve his MVP award and that he was never the best player in the game at any point when you got countless numbers of players saying he was the best, including the players they were saying that we're better than him.
    Last edited by Deuce Bigalow; 02-26-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Kobe isn't underrated on ISH either.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    What difference does it make that he didn't get the award from the media? It still doesn't change the fact he had great seasons in 95, 01, and 05.

Because Shaq with 4 MVP, and 3 Finals MVP is greater than Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Shaq is not even close to being underrated.

Nobody questions that he was he man on his championship teams in 00-02, or that he was the best player at one point, or that he deserved his MVP awards.

On the other hand I've heard the opposite for Kobe. I've seen posters claim Pau was the second best player in the world in 2010, was the real finals MVP, was the best player on the championship teams. They actually think Pau ****ing Gasol was actually better! Who gets this underrated? Also heard Kobe didn't deserve his MVP award and that he was never the best player in the game at any point when you got countless numbers of players saying he was the best, including the players they were saying that we're better than him.
    gasol and kobe were alot more closer statistically than kobe and shaq

in 2010 playoffs gasol even had a higher winshare than kobe

Lebron. Not so much where he's ranked today (obviously the best player ALIVE), not exactly where he's placed historically (somewhere between 11-15 is reasonable IMO), but his ACTUAL level of play and where it stacks up ALL TIME. There are only about 3 or 4 guys that have played at/reached the level Lebron is at currently ... Think about that for a second, folks.

Dude is unreal. Flat out.

I don't underrate him. I have him as one of the top 4 players of all time.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

How many great centers had he dominated throughout his career? Not old man Hareem, not young Yao, who else did I leave out?