Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Michael Beasley- NBA position, expectations and comparisons

First of all what do you think Beasley's best position in the NBA would be? Who does his game remind you of the most and what numbers do you expect from him his rookie year? I think he will be at Small Forward In The NBA, He reminds me of Carmelo Anthony and a bit of Zach Randolph. As far as numbers I expect 18-20 ppg and 5-6 rpg. He will probably be the number 1 pick.

Default Re: Michael Beasley- NBA position, expectations and comparisons

*waits for people to finish reading NBAdraft.net to post his comparison to Carmelo Anthony.*

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

Beasley probably could be SF or PF he shoots 3s very good.

Banned

Actually, he reminds me a lot of Al Thornton. He DOES play a lot like Melo except less athletic.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain
    Actually, he reminds me a lot of Al Thornton. He DOES play a lot like Melo except less athletic.
    I actually think he might be more athletic.

Decent playground baller

I can see him come in and make an impact right away as a more athletic version of rookie Toni Kukoc. The kid can do it all and should be able to contribute in different areas across the board the way Kukoc did coming in as a rookie. If given the freedom Durant currently has, he should be able to average 16+ points while being schooled on defense. He doesn't have the shot Durant has to score consistently, but his body should allow him to keep up with the NBA players.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain
    I see we learned nothing from the dunk contest video. You get an F for the day.

How does he play like Carmelo Anthony? Beasley doesnt have the range beyond the arc, midrange game, ball handling skills Carmelo does. He scores closer to the basket more than Carmelo...and the reason I'm not totally sold on him and want to see more is due to his competition faced. He really doesnt display much interior scoring if you watch him put up pts.

Beasley is a better rebounder than Carmelo Anthony.

But yeah he plays exactly like Carmelo...you kids stay off nbadraft.net please

minnesota timberwolves FOYE4MVP's Avatar

he'll probably play SF here. beasly is a beast. nuff said.
    im comparing him with glen robinson.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

A more athletic Ryan Gomes but smaller frame.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

He's a power three, and Melo is the closest thing to that in the league at the moment, having a lot to do with the league going smaller and quicker. Melo is the best post up SF in the league. But he doesn't have the perimeter midrange shooting game Melo does, and he's not as refined with the ball. So he gets a lot of stronger Melo comps, or smoother Kenyon Martin comps.

While he's obviously not at this level, there's a lot of young Barkley in his game. Before Charles expanded his jumper. I have a feeling with the state of the league as it is, with a lot of guys playing up a position, he could have a big impact if he goes somewhere that'll put him at the three. He'll be a post presence every night, and be drawing doubles against most threes in the league from the block from day one. A lot of that depends on if he can pick up defensively at that spot, which he can certainly do physically, and weather he shows he has the head to read double teams. But strictly from a physical point of view, he's ready to play that spot now.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

The guy Mike Beasley currently reminds me of most is Chris Bosh.

Both are guys who beats smaller defenders in the post with little more than turning and shooting. When up against defenders their size or bigger both draft to the perimeter and look to pump and go.

Both lack the mid-range/slashing game to defeat the second defender that comes running at them; and can be contain in the post if that smaller defender has good arm length and/or strength.

Note: I reserve the right to change my comparison when he faces some actual tough competition.

rank sentamentalist

I haven't even seen him play before, but just from reading through this thread, the first name that jumps out at me for a comparison is Ron Artest. Speaking only on offense of course. Anyone agree?

The Big Bang

Never heard of him....The draft coming up is a weak one. Only guy I heard that had a some sort of slight potential coming out of this upcoming draft was OJ Mayo, and that I'm not even so sure of. He dosen't look like a franchise guy that can lead a team; a lot like Melo.

Banned

Beasley is 6ft9 230lb.

He's a college PF but he'll be a SF in the NBA,Hes not a SF who will be on the wing all game and he'll mostly be around the basket.

I havent really seen him to have the blow by move Melo has when hes backing down to get to the basket,Beasley usually just turns to draw foul or he hits the shot off the glass.

He has to work on his ballhandling,and his mid range and 3 point shot to become an All Star.But from the way I've seen him play in college,he should average 16/8 for his career if he doesnt develop other shots.

Im going to say this again,Beasley will clash with almost every coach he will have in the NBA,he believes he is a star but when the ball isnt in his hands he gets frustrated.

He is possibly the worst of the ball player in college basketball.He doesnt move he just commands the ball and goes up un-aggresively for the offensive rebound.