Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Better career: Carmelo Anthony vs. Tracy McGrady

Who do you guys think has had the better career and who do you have higher on your all-time list?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Re: Better career: Carmelo Anthony vs. Tracy McGrady

T-Mac probably.

He's also a point forward btw.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Better peak undoubtedly TMac. Longevity And a higher all time standing will goto Melo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Better peak undoubtedly TMac. Longevity And a higher all time standing will goto Melo.
    I agree with you to an extent. I like you think that Melo had the better career than Tmac did but I'm not so sure if Tmac's peak was undoubtedly better. Tmac's peak probably was better though but Melo was a better scorer at his peak than Tmac was at his.
    Last edited by All Net; 05-12-2012 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Melo was a better scorer at his peak than Tmac was at his.
    How?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

McGrady

U mirin my face?

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    Im so sick of all these melo vs threads.

Y???????

Cool im bout to do my own just to show yall how ridiculous dis shit is
    What was the point of posting this?

I would say Melo has had a better career but Mcgrady was the better player.

Both top notch ball stoppers. Both getting fantasized of as of point forwards. Both not.

I agree with you to an extent. I like you think that Melo had the better career than Tmac did but I'm not so sure if Tmac's peak was undoubtedly better. Tmac's peak probably was better though but Melo was a better scorer at his peak than Tmac was at his.
    I want to hear this. What was/is Carmelo's peak, anyway?

Definitely Melo. Both may be playoffs losers but Melo has reached WCF for once at least and still has his chance with this current Knicks team, T-Mac will likely to stay as a second round virgin for the rest of his career. Whoever signs him will not make 2nd round.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    Both top notch ball stoppers. Both getting fantasized of as of point forwards. Both not.

I want to hear this. What was/is Carmelo's peak, anyway?
    I would say Melo's peak or prime was from '06-'10. His absolute best season was probably either his '06-'07 season or '09-'10 season. It would have easily been his '06-'07 season if the Nuggets never made the Iverson trade though since Melo was averaging 30 ppg with 50% shooting before that trade was made. Melo, his game, and his numbers slipped when Iverson came to town though.

Anyways, I say Melo's peak was possibly better because he was a better scorer and that is the best attribute of both players. Melo was also a much better rebounder than him too. Tmac has the edge in terms of playmaking/passing and that was probably the most underrated aspect of his game. Neither played defense although Tmac had much more potential on that end but I don't care about potential, I care about results.

Tmac's peak was probably better than Melo's peak but if so I don't think it was by that much. People really overrate the heck out of Tmac's peak. People say all the time that peak Tmac was as good, if not better than peak LeBron and peak Kobe when in reality Tmac was never better than Kobe in any season.

Melo is clearly past his prime/peak these days if you ask me.

If we talkin just about CAREER, got to be melo

Local High School Star The Ownage's Avatar

Peak and talent? T-Mac.

Career? Melo.

Some one please explain how Melo has had a better career than McGrady?

7-time NBA All-Star

T-Mac was better at just about everything to be honest. Better scorer and shooter, significantly better passer and playmaker(he was as good as any non-PG in this aspect during the early 00's), a better defender, and T-Mac was even averaging about 8 rpg back to back years in '01 and '02 when he was a guard.

I like Melo, he's my favorite current player, but I don't see much of the case for Melo over T-Mac. Melo is still in his prime, though, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm still waiting for him to put it all together for an entire aeason. He shows it more in spurts, whether it was '06-'07 before the suspension/Iverson trade, '09 in the playoffs, first 2 months of '09-'10 before injuries, or the last month of this season.

Other than Lebron and Kobe, T-Mac's peak season was the best season by a perimeter player in the post-Jordan era, imo.

And yes, T-Mac and Kobe were debatable for 4 seasons from '02-'05. I'd probably take Kobe in '02 and '04, and T-Mac in '03 and '05.

I would say Melo's peak or prime was from '06-'10. His absolute best season was probably either his '06-'07 season or '09-'10 season. It would have easily been his '06-'07 season if the Nuggets never made the Iverson trade though since Melo was averaging 30 ppg with 50% shooting before that trade was made. Melo, his game, and his numbers slipped when Iverson came to town though.
    Actually, he was at 32/6/4 on 50% in the 22 games before the suspension in '06-'07, but also 30/6/3 on 47% in his first 32 games of the '09-'10 season before injuries in '10. I think he was better in '10, he had a better mid-range shot, and was a better all around player, plus, he was doing it on a team that had a chance to contend.

Melo is clearly past his prime/peak these days if you ask me.
    Past his peak? Who knows. We don't know if he's even peaked yet. But past his prime? That's a stretch, he's like 28 years old, and as capable of a player as he's ever been. It just depends on if he's healthy and motivated, which wasn't always the case this season, but when he was on, he played as well as anyone for the last month of the regular season. I don't know if he's ever played better than he did for that stretch.
    Last edited by ShaqAttack3234; 05-12-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Some one please explain how Melo has had a better career than McGrady?
    He accomplished more unless you want to use All-NBA teams to backup your case then again you and everyone else only use All-NBA teams when it supports the player you are arguing for.

Melo never missed the playoffs in his career whereas Tmac not only missed the playoffs during his prime/peak but he also had the worst record in the league during his prime/peak in '03-'04.

Melo won two playoff series in his career and made it to the WCF in 2009 whereas Tmac never won a playoff series in his career.

What is the argument for Tmac besides subjective All-NBA teams selections?