Default Re: Eurobasket final- Spain vs France game thread

i wish he scored only 27 against us

Decent playground baller

turkey > spain - pao

mccalebb, navarro, gasol, kirilenko and parker best 5 of the tournament

Im happy for the championship, but Im also a little sad for parker. the guy deserves to win something with france, ****ing beast and plays his heart out

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    In Europe maybe, but not NBA against NBA level players, where I have seen him shut down multiple times.
    No NBA player can guard Navarro when he is on. He has regularly abused Team USA multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy3
    Rubio does not deserve to play in the NBA.
    He does not deserve to play in Euroleague. He does not deserve to play on Spain's national team.

Like I said over and over and over here - he was the worst point guard in the Euroleague. How many damn times does this have to be explained for NBA fans to grasp how much he sucks?

Quick game recap as Spain beats France for the 2011 European basketball championship:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8303

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    He does not deserve to play in Euroleague. He does not deserve to play on Spain's national team.

Like I said over and over and over here - he was the worst point guard in the Euroleague. How many damn times does this have to be explained for NBA fans to grasp how much he sucks?
    What NBA fans have said he is good?

it was a good game despite the 10+ lead Spain had virtually all game long. I liked how France kept battling but it was to no avail. they have the defense i think to compete with Spain but didnt have the offensive firepower. TP is the only one who is capable of scoring 20+, While Spain has about 5 players who could explode for 20+. If only Tony Parker had a 2nd scorer for more balance so he doesnt have to carry the scoring load every game, they would be gold medal contenders in any FIBA tournament.

Some flopping i saw by the Spain team that disgusted me. Rubio sucks like always. Sada is much better. Gasol Brothers are gonna be a handle for any team especially Team USA. especially if Ibaka will play for the 2012 team. Navarro is quite good in this stage, within the FIBA rules and within his role of Spain's NT, but i thought TP was the clear MVP of the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    it was a good game despite the 10+ lead Spain had virtually all game long. I liked how France kept battling but it was to no avail. they have the defense i think to compete with Spain but didnt have the offensive firepower. TP is the only one who is capable of scoring 20+, While Spain has about 5 players who could explode for 20+. If only Tony Parker had a 2nd scorer for more balance so he doesnt have to carry the scoring load every game, they would be gold medal contenders in any FIBA tournament.

Some flopping i saw by the Spain team that disgusted me. Rubio sucks like always. Sada is much better. Gasol Brothers are gonna be a handle for any team especially Team USA. especially if Ibaka will play for the 2012 team. Navarro is quite good in this stage, within the FIBA rules and within his role of Spain's NT, but i thought TP was the clear MVP of the tournament.
    Maybe Batum will be that 2nd option in the future. Playing in Europe next season will help, as he'll be the 1st option in his new team.
    As for Parker being the MVP, well, you know they never give it to a player in the losing team.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    Maybe Batum will be that 2nd option in the future. Playing in Europe next season will help, as he'll be the 1st option in his new team.
    As for Parker being the MVP, well, you know they never give it to a player in the losing team.
    Batum doesnt create for himself but he can shoot. he is a great addition to France with his defense and set shots. but will likely not be a 2nd option scorer for any professional or national team. he just doesnt have the skillset to create for himself or others.

Batum doesnt create for himself but he can shoot. he is a great addition to France with his defense and set shots. but will likely not be a 2nd option scorer for any professional or national team. he just doesnt have the skillset to create for himself or others.
    He doesn't yet, but I believe he can develop into a better offensive player. I mean, he's got the athleticism and can shoot, and is what? 22?

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    He doesn't yet, but I believe he can develop into a better offensive player. I mean, he's got the athleticism and can shoot, and is what? 22?
    yes 22. but he wouldve show me something by that age to make me think he can score say maybe 16 or 17ppg in FIBA or NBA by now. He's gonna have to utilize that set shot a lot more in the offenses he plays in because thats the only way hes gonna score in a consistent manner.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

I love it when people just watch one game and assume they know everything about a player.

Batum doesnt create for himself, seriously? They ran a ton of plays for him during the whole tournament, and he was very effective when asked to carry the offense.

Default Re: 2011 EuroBasket championship game thread: Spain vs France

Why wasn't the greek superteam playing in this game?