Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 182526272829 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption discussion

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Yeah, I'm really late on finally getting this game and playing it, but finally caved and got it. Was at the mall, and stopped by Gamestop and they had the "Game of the Year" edition with Red Dead and Undead Nightmare for $30. Messed around with the early game stuff for about an hour. I'm awful right now at guiding/steering my horse and, when I got to the mission where I had to shoot coyotes on my horse with Bonnie McFarlane, I sucked. It took me way too long just to kill two of them.

I can tell, though, once I get the controls down and they become more second nature, it'll be a lot of fun.
    Controlling the horses can be quite mechanical and frustrating at times but you will get better. This game is incredible though. Wish I could play it again for the first time.

Loved this game... I used to have this problem where I would panic... especially up north where the bears sneak up on you..

Im on my horse up in the mountains and I realized a Bear is on me, I would mess up and shoot my horse in the back of his head.

I hated when your horse would die and then your stuck out there on foot with cougars and bears and sh*t..

Im walking thru Mexico wilderness on foot when a pack of coyotes attack.. I buck em all down, and as Im standing over the whole pack taunting them p*ssies while they bleed to death, I get attacked by a cougar... He gets the drop on my and Im dead before I can say "WTF?"

The creatures in the wilderness work together like that?

I need to start playing the game all over again...

Best game of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Im walking thru Mexico wilderness on foot when a pack of coyotes attack.. I buck em all down, and as Im standing over the whole pack taunting them p*ssies while they bleed to death, I get attacked by a cougar... He gets the drop on my and Im dead before I can say "WTF?"

The creatures in the wilderness work together like that?

I need to start playing the game all over again...
    I spent like an hour last night trying to complete the Nigel West Dickens mission early in the game. I get started and see a deer or coyote or something, and get off my horse and try to kill it. I'd be fine for a little bit and would kill a deer or two, or a few coyotes; but after a little while it's like coyotes kept jumping me from nowhere and I kept getting killed. After 20 minutes of that I just said screw it, and went straight to the spot where Dickens was.

But then it took me another 30 minutes or so to get him back to Armadillo without getting killed, because figuring out who to shoot people while driving a cart was a pain in the ass.

Doing missions in the rain is a pain in the ass. Can't see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Loved this game... I used to have this problem where I would panic... especially up north where the bears sneak up on you..

Im on my horse up in the mountains and I realized a Bear is on me, I would mess up and shoot my horse in the back of his head.

I hated when your horse would die and then your stuck out there on foot with cougars and bears and sh*t..
    i am dying

Yeah thats because the way those things spawn you dont have the proper view to see them coming at times. Sneak up on you and attack. Funny when you need to complete a challenge its tough to find some of them.

What's the best and quickest way some of you found to make money? Is it just going out and hunting and getting some animal skin, fur, and meat, or is there another way I'm missing out on? I did get "lucky" on my way to do a mission in seeing a pack of wolves attacking someone, and killed them (4 or 5 in total). I don't know what significance they have, but apparently wolf hearts are a hot item at $8 apiece.

I just finished the machine gun mission with Irish where you had to kill about 10 guys just to get to the mine, another 10-12 to get to the mine cart with the machine gun in it, and 3 or 4 more getting the mine cart out of the mine. Took me two or three times just to complete the part where I got to the mine and another two or three tries getting through the mine without getting killed.
    Last edited by KG215; 07-20-2012 at 06:30 PM.

What's the best and quickest way some of you found to make money? Is it just going out and hunting and getting some animal skin, fur, and meat, or is there another way I'm missing out on? I did get "lucky" on my way to do a mission in seeing a pack of wolves attacking someone, and killed them (4 or 5 in total). I don't know what significance they have, but apparently wolf hearts are a hot item at $8 apiece.

I just finished the machine gun mission with Irish where you had to kill about 10 guys just to get to the mine, another 10-12 to get to the mine cart with the machine gun in it, and 3 or 4 more getting the mine cart out of the mine. Took me two or three times just to complete the part where I got to the mine and another two or three tries getting through the mine without getting killed.

I liked doing bounties... Grab somebody's picture off the post office wall, and then go see em. Try to bring them in alive.. You get more loot that way.. But dont try to hard... you could get killed trying rope some of these criminals

P.S - Dont be too proud to shoot a mofo in the leg to capture him either

Yeah thats the best way I think is to hunt. Its been so long since I've played Red Dead but I believe Bears, cougars some of the more exotic animals you kill are pricey. What I did was buy that animal stuff that draws them in. Forgot the name, they sell it at shops. There is a good spot where the Bears roam and the place turns into snow. A little cabin near the river. What I did was set down that stuff to draw animals and hide in cabin. As the animals came to the stuff, shottie to the dome piece. Sell the stuff at the shop and make money.

Stuff like having 3 wolf hearts adds up. I also noticed when I did challenges I had items that cost a ton of cash. Like Buffalo, Boars. Dan you got me wanting to load this game up and play it.

Stuck on the "Funny Man" stranger mission. I get to the part where you get ambushed in the mine and get killed.

Stuck on the "Funny Man" stranger mission. I get to the part where you get ambushed in the mine and get killed.
    Damn, do you take cover? Is auto lock on?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Damn, do you take cover? Is auto lock on?
    I finally beat it and got through all the New Austin main missions, and I'm in Mexico now. But there's parts in the mine you can't really take cover, and if there is a way to hug the wall no matter what, I couldn't figure it out. And I had to Google "auto-lock" because I was playing on the default targeting mode. Found out I could go into the options menu and lower down a difficulty level, which I did for that mission even though it sort of felt like cheating. The first time I tried it that way, I breeze through it, because every time a bad-guy got within site, all I had to do was push L2 and I was locked in on him.

I don't know if it's just a place they re-spawn frequently, or what, but I just made nearly $1,000 killing a bunch of wolves. I was riding and just messing around, and a pack of wolves just kept coming at me 3-5 at a time. I'd get done skinning one group and another would be on top of me. Fortunately I never got killed and, when all was said and done, I had killed, skinned, and gutted 25 wolves.

Bottomline: I made a little over $900 in about 10 minutes of gameplay. I've got over $3,000 now and nothing to spend it on....that I know of.