Page 31 of 130 FirstFirst ... 21282930313233344181 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Arizona finds themselves down double digits at the half again. Eventually they have to lose one of these games, right? Though I guess the Colorado game should've technically been the one they lost.

Arizona looks overrated.

I keep waiting for Olynyk and Pangos to come back down to earth.....but it's not gonna happen tonight. lol

No one would have expected Harris to be somewhat of the third wheel on this team, but he's kinda caught in between being an outside and inside player. Olynyk has found his niche and Pangos to a lesser degree and they're just putting their head down and producing. I wish Harris would just stick inside more often. Not necessarily taking away what Olynyk is doing down low, but playing off of him. I know he's averaging 15 ppg, but they feel like a quiet 15 if you know what I mean.

This season is going to be even more unbearable as a UNC fan because, not only will they go 0-4 against NC State and Duke, they're going to get the shit beat out of them four times and get embarrassed.

CJ Leslie showing that he belongs in the NBA.

Played the single defining game of his career. I was impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    I keep waiting for Olynyk and Pangos to come back down to earth.....but it's not gonna happen tonight. lol

No one would have expected Harris to be somewhat of the third wheel on this team, but he's kinda caught in between being an outside and inside player. Olynyk has found his niche and Pangos to a lesser degree and they're just putting their head down and producing. I wish Harris would just stick inside more often. Not necessarily taking away what Olynyk is doing down low, but playing off of him. I know he's averaging 15 ppg, but they feel like a quiet 15 if you know what I mean.
    Harris is probably the best NBA prospect of the three, he fits his NBA position well and can defend 2s 3s and stretch 4s at the next level. Few needs Olynyk to assert himself down low for their offense to work. Without it their shooters would be shooting contested jumpers. Harris is one of those guys you don't really have to draw a play for.

As for Pangos, the guy can flat out shoot. One of the hottest players in the NCAA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    Talent-wise, I agree 100 percent. Once conference play starts they will be exposed. Can't wait until my spartans play them, they just don't have the depth in the frontcourt to be taken seriously as a top 25 team. Groce has done a good job of getting them to play hard so far this season, but there is only so much a coach can do.
    I hate to say I told you so...just kidding I love to gloat

Illinois getting DESTROYED on the boards, only 15 boards so far in the ENTIRE GAME, Wisconsin with 14 offensive rebounds with 13 mins left in the game.

PJ mother ****ing Hairston. That is all.

Well shout out to Simmons too.

I think Roy may have found something in Simmons. The freshman bigs are still struggling to find their way a bit, so maybe Simmons will start getting more burn.

I watched the game, so I know how they won -- offensive rebounding and timely baskets to keep pace when FSU started the second half on a three-point barrage. It just doesn't make sense after losing to a worse Boston College team and at home to a worse Miami team without Reggie Johnson. I guess it was sort of a "backs against the wall, can't start 0-3 in ACC play" win, but they definitely looked like a different team. Didn't have their usual second half meltdown, on the road no-less, and hung around until the end.

Duke missing Kelly is huge, but anyway NC state gets a good win, still an overrated team though.

The Illini are shitting the bed. haha. STOP IT. At least Shaw got to play.

-Smak

Anyone see Noel's line?

15-11-6-7 blocks-4 steals. 4-6 from the field, 7-8 from the line, 0 turnovers...

UK still lost by double digits at home.

U-C-O-N-N

UCONN UCONN UCONN

NOTRE WHO?!!?!

OLANDER NATION

I'm trying to figure out the SEC, which sucks, but still.

I thought A&M was bad, even after they blew Arkansas out in A&M. Kentucky goes to Vanderbilt and wins by two. Arkansas holds Vanderbilt to 11 first half points in a 56-33 win at Arkansas. Texas A&M goes to Kentucky and wins by 12. Missouri beats Alabama by 16 at home then goes to Ole Miss and loses by 15.

After a close call with Bucknell and a 15 point loss to Ole Miss today, I'm a lot less sold on Missouri now then I was earlier in the season. They've got some things to figure out. After Florida, I wouldn't trust any of these teams to win more than one game in the NCAA tournament.

I do think Ole Miss is a sleeper to finish 2nd or 3rd in the conference and a tourney team. After Florida, Missouri, and Ole Miss though, I'm not sure who else in the SEC will for sure get in. I think Kentucky will be a "lock" by season's end but I'm really not sure.
    Last edited by KG215; 01-13-2013 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I'm trying to figure out the SEC, which sucks, but still.

I thought A&M was bad, even after they blew Arkansas out in A&M. Kentucky goes to Vanderbilt and wins by two. Arkansas holds Vanderbilt to 11 first half points in a 56-33 win at Arkansas. Texas A&M goes to Kentucky and wins by 12. Missouri beats Alabama by 16 at home then goes to Ole Miss and loses by 15.

After a close call with Bucknell and a 15 point loss to Ole Miss today, I'm a lot less sold on Missouri now then I was earlier in the season. They've got some things to figure out. After Florida, I wouldn't trust any of these teams to win more than one game in the NCAA tournament.

I do think Ole Miss is a sleeper to finish 2nd or 3rd in the conference and a tourney team. After Florida, Missouri, and Ole Miss though, I'm not sure who else in the SEC will for sure get in. I think Kentucky will be a "lock" by season's end but I'm really not sure.
    Kentucky is an NIT team this year, I pointed this out a long time ago.