One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Irving's injury last year makes you wonder if...

they would have won last year if he was healthy?

Also another question for discussion, who was the better team that LeBron defeated in a 7 game series: 2013 Spurs vs 2016 Warriors?

Discipline/old school hard nose basketball vs. new school/fast pace/high risk + high reward shot selection?

Also, I would like to say for those complaining about this league being rigged, please do not forget that Jordan got away with a pushoff (a foul) in his last play as a Bull and Kobe elbowed Bibby in the face during the 2002 Kings series and Bibby got called for the foul amongst many other shady things that happened that series.

Let's just face it, most superstars that are considered the face of the league will have those "calls" go there way during their career. The only difference is LeBron has flopped to get calls in the past and I never have seen the other two players I've mentioned do it as far often as he did, Kobe and MJ.

Default Re: Irving's injury last year makes you wonder if...

irving played great, but you guys are overhyping him right now.
    irving is NOTHING without lebron. Nothing. He needs the space lebron is creating, he needs lebrons bballiq etc.

touhg irving had great stats, it doesnt cover the fact, that lebron is 10x more importnat than a kyrie irving for the cavs success.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    irving is NOTHING without lebron. Nothing. He needs the space lebron is creating, he needs lebrons bballiq etc.

touhg irving had great stats, it doesnt cover the fact, that lebron is 10x more importnat than a kyrie irving for the cavs success.
    ...I'm saying if Kyrie was there last year with LeBron, they may have won. Just food for thought.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by pastis

Bro you're downplaying his performance. What space does LeBron create? He's not a shooter and he's barely a slasher.

Kyrie creates his own space. With or without LeBron, kyrie will get his.

All I saw that LeBron freezing out Irving on offense with his ugly iso hero ball.

LeBron's defense, passing and rebounding was MVP worthy, but the dude's shooting game was ugly as sin.

Irving totally bailed LeBron out in 2-3 games at least.

Im pretty sure they would have won last year, because ast years team at full health was even better IMO, where as GSW, even if CLE wasnt better, was clearly worse.

But meh. Dont really care about it now/anymore.. made this one better.

Ya they would have won because golden state wasn't as good as they are now. Plus think about it. Cavs took it to 6 games after losing two of three best players on team. Pretty impressive.