View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #48
NBAller
High School Starter

Default Re: LeBron's decision was a smart one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Always going to tarnish his legacy for me. I can't watch a guy who is probably the best player in the world, and probably the best pure basketball overall talent in history from a skill and physical standpoint...run to join a team that was going to be good enough to win with him or without him, when he had multiple other choices to join and could've joined other superstars/stars like Blake Griffin, Brook Lopez, Derrick freakin Rose, etc....and he joins 2 other superstar players including his chief rival...Can't watch that and be impressed by him.

I've played basketball, and the history of the game supports the fact that playing with good/great players makes you better. It's no accident that Lebron/Wade/Bosh are shooting career highs...teams have to cover you differently because of who you play with. It's no accident that Durant is shooting at a career high, playing with a top 10 player like Westbrook.

It's one thing if it happens sort of organically, but that's clearly not the case here. He simply took the easy way out, and that's fine, but don't expect me to respect your accomplishments as much as I do some other greats. Even his MVP trophy this year means less to me.

It's like if the Lakers had Shaq/Kobe and cleared enough space to pick up Tmac in like 04. It's not a knock on Shaq/Kobe, Tmac was the one to join and make things easy for himself to finally get over the hump.

I'm actually enjoying watching the Big 3 play, its fun for the league, brings eyeballs to the screens. However, don't read me this guy's stat sheet and tell me how he's everything for the Heat when 2 others have sacrificed to really highlight him, and a plethora of replacement stars could take James' spot and the Heat would be the favorite to win it all.

Like someone either in this thread or another thread as mentioned, Dirk has done it with no superstars, but sure enough people started to hype Jason Terry up (look how he's doing now?) they hyped Marion up and just about every other role player to discredit the win, and Dirk. Sort of like what they're doing with Miami now. I can't think of a championship team that didn't either have A) the most dominant player in the league or B) a stacked team with at least two superstars besides Dirk and I THINK Olajuwon? but then again I haven't been watching the NBA since it started running.

Besides people are acting like the current Lakers, Nuggets, Thunder, Knicks are all cakewalks. They act like this is really just given to Miami. Someone in this thread already said "Miami wins, who cares?" ( I bet he was sucking Jordans dick though).

All that aside I still haven't seen one legitimate reason in this thread that would sway my opinion otherwise. How was this a bad decision? I'll wait.
NBAller is offline   Reply With Quote