Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Piston draft prospects

I saw that one in the rumors today too. It really does feel like it's Henson or Jones at this point.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Perry is going to anger me one way or another, if we draft him he won't produce, and if we leave him, he will beast! haha...

I like Henson the best, him and Monroe are perfectly suited to play side by side. I also think Henson has more upside than many people believe...

NBA lottery pick

Right now I'm really crossing my fingers. We need to see workouts, as I've mentioned before. Also, if the Pistons miss on this one it's gonna hurt us for another couple years. We're farther off than just this draft.....

NBA lottery pick

I'm not big on the 2nd round prospects of the draft this year. I think there's a few PG's who could be decent. The problem is we don't really need a PG, lol. There's a lot that think Dramond Green will go at the begining of the 2nd round. It would be a dream if someone like him could fall to us. I like Tyshawn Taylor and Tony Wroten for 2nd round prospects. Although, I will say this... college basketball on the west coast really sucked this year. The teams were really bad. So taking a guy from a conference like the Pac 12 would scare me a bit. Anyway around it, 2nd rounders hardly even make it in the NBA. Everybody keeps talking like they want Singler on the team next year and to me it makes no difference. He's not going to save the Pistons and no 2nd rounder is going to. We need whoever we take at 9 to be a big help for us.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I'm not big on the 2nd round prospects of the draft this year. I think there's a few PG's who could be decent. The problem is we don't really need a PG, lol. There's a lot that think Dramond Green will go at the begining of the 2nd round. It would be a dream if someone like him could fall to us. I like Tyshawn Taylor and Tony Wroten for 2nd round prospects. Although, I will say this... college basketball on the west coast really sucked this year. The teams were really bad. So taking a guy from a conference like the Pac 12 would scare me a bit. Anyway around it, 2nd rounders hardly even make it in the NBA. Everybody keeps talking like they want Singler on the team next year and to me it makes no difference. He's not going to save the Pistons and no 2nd rounder is going to. We need whoever we take at 9 to be a big help for us.
    Tony Wroten and Jared Cunningham both from the pac 10 are the two best pg's in this draft. They will make someone drafting kendall marshall off espn look really stupid. The idea of Wroten going in the 2nd round is funny but wont happen. Weird how Lillard (who close to nobody on ish has ever seen play) gets propped up so high but Wroten and Cunningham are not even talked about

NBA lottery pick

I don't think they're the two best. Marshall is definitely the best PG prospect in this draft. I think they're two of the better ones but there's not really a bunch of good PG's in this draft. There's a bunch of good big men so that's why I think there's a chance they could slide into the 2nd round. Plus playing in the conference they did really hurt their draft stock. West coast college bball was horrible this year. UCLA will be back with a solid team next year though and that should give a little more spotlight to some of the talent out there.

Good college starter

The Detroit Pistons don't have guards at the top of their NBA Draft wish list, but with a pair of second-round picks that don't get the same attention as the No. 9 overall pick, players like Scott Machado and Jared Cunningham come into play. Booth Newspapers

Cunningham smiled when asked what he recalled most about his workout with the Pistons. "Just getting to meet Joe Dumars and Scott Perry, they're great people, great guys," he said, referring to the Pistons' top two personnel men. "A lot of good feedback that I heard from them. It was a great time." Booth Newspapers

NBA lottery pick

Just saw this today....

[QUOTE]Two sources tell me that Leonard is quickly becoming the third most coveted big man in the draft, and he zoomed past UNC

NBA lottery pick

I'm guessing we're not going to draft Perry Jones either:

[QUOTE]When all was said and done Monday, neither Baylor

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

MKG/Thomas Robinson could potentially be a good fit.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

oh wait im retarted tgey have 9th pick.

After doing some more assessing, if Drummond slips to #9, we have to take him, if he doesn't make it to us, I say we select Henson, perfect compliment to Monroe... Then we get him to have private workouts with ben wallace to beef him up a little... Remember big ben wasn't always "big ben". Work ethic and determination got him where he is, hopefully can help Henson do the same if we end up drafting him...

NBA lottery pick

I'm certain if by some miracle Drummond fell to #9 the Pistons would take him. I really don't see him falling that far. He could go as high as #2. Almost every team drafting before us has an interest in him. Everybody keeps thinking Sacramento would draft him but it just doesn't make sense having him and Cousins down low together in my opinion. They need a real SF or someone who is more of a PF than a C.

This really looks like it's going to be a very deep draft. There's more than one player I wouldn't mind. I like a lot of the bigs in this draft.

Yeah Drummond won't fall to us despite a lot of questions on his motor / ethic. he was #10 in a mock I saw yesterday, can't see him going past #6

Would love 2 picks in the top 15 this year

NBA lottery pick

I just read today that Robinson crushed Drummond in their workout for the Bobcats. I know Charlotte was thinking about drafting him but apparently not anymore. I guess that adds a question mark to Drummond. Maybe he just wasn't trying, or maybe he just has some learning to do yet.