Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Love Live Life

Default Re: Official PS4 reviews by ISH members!

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Reminded me to give them a 5 star review. Mine was packaged fairly well, I wish they would have done a layer of bubble pillows, or whatever you want to call them, underneath the box of the console but...it was done well. however I saw the ups guy kick the box in the truck. I was less than pleased.

Sony said it's .4% of the consoles.
    Damn! I would've said something to my ups guy if he was kicking my box

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I like the design of the ps4 and it's pretty easy to set up. You'll get used to the new dashboard layout. The controller feels great, but I never had any comfort problems with any of the other controllers....ps3 or xbox360. Having Playstation Plus is pretty nice.....free games and dlc discounts....u can't beat that. The only negative so far is that it seems there are mic/headset issues that will be fixed with updates. I was going nuts trying to get my headphones to work on Battlefield 4, but it was a no go. Bluetooth doesn't work yet from what I've heard.

Banned

Reminded me to give them a 5 star review. Mine was packaged fairly well, I wish they would have done a layer of bubble pillows, or whatever you want to call them, underneath the box of the console but...it was done well. however I saw the ups guy kick the box in the truck. I was less than pleased.

Sony said it's .4% of the consoles.
    Some sites I was on say that .4% quote was released a day before launch and was just about production, others say it was from yesterday so who knows. I've also heard of a few overheating but likely it's due to people putting them in stupid places. I'm still undecided which way I'll go this generation, xbox has more exclusives I want but just trying to weigh up if I'll actually play them as I play far less games now then I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Some sites I was on say that .4% quote was released a day before launch and was just about production, others say it was from yesterday so who knows. I've also heard of a few overheating but likely it's due to people putting them in stupid places. I'm still undecided which way I'll go this generation, xbox has more exclusives I want but just trying to weigh up if I'll actually play them as I play far less games now then I used to.
    Yeah, I mean we won't know the real number for a while. Just like with RROD/YLOD we didn't find out till years after the launch. Just wait awhile. Don't make a decision you'll regret. Plus if you wait till next year you'll find a deal on one sometime.

As for the overheating thing you have to be stupid about it. I think I ran mine for 8ish hours the first day just because I wanted to be able to play later when I was ready to play again and didn't want to have to fight with PSN. And it's not like it feels hot or anything at all during it's run time.

With the Xbox 360, most deaths were attributed to thermal failure, probably caused by overheating over a few days or weeks of play. The broken PS4s, on the other hand, seem to be dead out of the box. People are plugging in their PS4 for the first time and being greeted by a blank TV (no video output) and a blinking blue light bar of death (BBLOD, video above). In some cases, the BBLOD combined with no video/sound output only appears after the PS4 has been booted a few times. There are some reports that the PS4 broke soon after updating the firmware to version 1.5. There have been some cases of the PS4 overheating (a red light bar), but the vast majority of broken PS4s seem to be DOA.
    sonys fault
    [QUOTE] It

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    sonys fault

i guess that good news
    can anyone find more info on when this 0.4% comment was made? Some articles I read mention it was given in answer to the pre release consoles reviewers got not working (forbes, IGN and some others all got dead consoles/consoles that died after a short time) but other articles are using it in relation to the failures now. Issues at launch are accepted these days (even if it's crazy) but if Sony make people wait until Feb to get a replacement console that's a bit out of hand.

can anyone find more info on when this 0.4% comment was made? Some articles I read mention it was given in answer to the pre release consoles reviewers got not working (forbes, IGN and some others all got dead consoles/consoles that died after a short time) but other articles are using it in relation to the failures now. Issues at launch are accepted these days (even if it's crazy) but if Sony make people wait until Feb to get a replacement console that's a bit out of hand.
    It was definitely before the launch date. Because I remember stressing out Thursday night/Friday morning about being in the .4%.

From everything I've read though Sony ships you the box to return it, and you get one back a few days later. Which isn't terrible.

Banned

It was definitely before the launch date. Because I remember stressing out Thursday night/Friday morning about being in the .4%.

From everything I've read though Sony ships you the box to return it, and you get one back a few days later. Which isn't terrible.
    amazon reviews and forbes were saying people are now being told February or a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Damn! I would've said something to my ups guy if he was kicking my box
    I used to be a package handler at UPS in high school a few years ago. Anyways, hate to say it but a lot of the packages are treated very poorly. The company has such a quick loading quota so boxes are loaded very poorly. Especially now that it's holiday season. The volume is probably 30,000+ packages each shift. Only packages we gave a shit about were HAZMATS. Everything else, not so much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    I used to be a package handler at UPS in high school a few years ago. Anyways, hate to say it but a lot of the packages are treated very poorly. The company has such a quick loading quota so boxes are loaded very poorly. Especially now that it's holiday season. The volume is probably 30,000+ packages each shift. Only packages we gave a shit about were HAZMATS. Everything else, not so much.
    read an article the other day which had questions asked to anonymous delivery guys, they all seemed to think if your sending a package and want it to get their safe you should either print out a fake label saying urine/human waste or have a kid draw pictures all over it and make it look like a gift from a child. They said they treat fragile stickers the same as every other box as like 80% of packages are marked fragile when they aren't and too many things are marked fragile anyway.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    Yeah I know. I worked with UPS a few years back.

I didn't kick or mishandle anyone's boxes so just because the volume is high doesn't mean you treat people stuff like crap.

But it's rough around this time of year

amazon reviews and forbes were saying people are now being told February or a refund.
    Sony says failure rate is less than 1 percent

Also I'm just saying what people on reddit have. There's been a ton of people saying they'll get it within at worst 2 weeks. I know when I asked about swapping my controller they told me if I swapped my console too it would take roughly 10-14 days.

Banned

Hows the touch pad, and whats it used for? Is it used in the UI?

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Hows the touch pad, and whats it used for? Is it used in the UI?
    It's great once you get used too it. What I mean by that is it's weird going from pressing the PS button in the middle of the console to it being lower, and the start button being the options button which is higher up on the right. The first two days I hit the touchpad a lot going for either of those. It's highly responsive, very clickable, doesn't seem to get stuck and probably won't. You won't ever hit it by accident once you adjust to the options button being where it is. And I guess the share button being where that is as well.

In killzone it's used for your owl and you swipe it to tell it where to go and what to do.

in battlefield it brings up battlelog and that's it basically.

in AC4 you can use it to bring up the map and then scroll around on the map using the touchpad. I prefer the thumbstick for scrolling around the map though.

in the UI I think it serves no function, but I haven't tried it there.

One thing that I will say is absolutely horrible about the controller is how the light bar can be used for showing health. It's fine in killzone because it changes from green-yellow-red. Completely fine with that. But in Warframe it flashes and I feel like I'm gonna have a seizure. And I don't mean like a minor flash, I'm talking a constant flash for a prolonged period of time. Hopefully no one else does that.