Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 6 Thread

Awesome finale.

Local High School Star Joey Zaza's Avatar

In the Dexter books, Deb knows. That Deb is different than this one, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    2nd to last season. Dexter got picked up for 2 more seasons not 1.
    2? Thats terrible.

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
    In the Dexter books, Deb knows. That Deb is different than this one, though.
    What can you tell me about the books? How do they compare to the show? I'd be very interested in reading them if they're comparable or better.

ohhhhhhhh its on !!!

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

It's gonna be hard maintaining Deb knowing this for two seasons.

I really felt this year was pretty mediocre. And I come into it expecting a certain amount of cheesiness in my Dexter. I know some of you liked him, but I didn't like Colin Hanks much. And the whole DDK killer was not my favorite. But it had it's moments.

They absolutely reeled me in for next season though.

Yeah this season was weak. And I agree how can they milk 2 seasons of Deb knowing? I dont see how its possible. He cant even say self defense Travis snuck up on him. The guy is taped down to the f*cking table and Dexter has on a butchers outfit.

Also the whole Deb in love with her brother and is not acting stupid because he said "I love you" is lame imo. Where is that going to go?

I thought 1 season and close the Dexter chapter is enough. 2? I dont see this going well.

Local High School Star Joey Zaza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    What can you tell me about the books? How do they compare to the show? I'd be very interested in reading them if they're comparable or better.
    Like an alternate parallel universe. The characters are fundamentaly the same but are still different. Rita is still alive, but was always minor compared to TV Rita. Had a kid, sort of changed Dexter. There is no Lundy, but a Lundy-type, who Deb falls in love with.

SPOILER:

Ice Truck killer survives, Laguerta dies, Deb sees Dex and the ITC together and learns about Dex. She's generally ok with it and even asks him for favors. Doakes is alive, but got brutally butchered in one book.

Rule of the Code : Never get caught

Hopefully he kills her i cant stand her, but i doubt it..
    she will probably keep it quiet all season long... then the season may end by everyone finding out.. and then the last season, dexter is the ultimate serial killer.. whole country is after him
    or something like that..

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I accidentally ruined the surprise ending. I was looking at the Dexter wikipedia page before it came on to see if it was gonna be the final season(never know with cable series...Weeds may or may not be over). I saw a link to "Differences from the book" and right at the start it mentioned that Deb knew he was a killer in the books and spoiled her finding out in season 6. So I knew it was coming. I stay getting surprise endings ruined....

Very good NBA starter

Finally Dexter's writers add something to the show. This season was getting really stale with all the Dexter manages to escape from a life or death situation. I like the fact they are starting to mirror the books. I remember Deb was sympathetic to the serial killer lovers last season so it's not too far fetched that she'll cover for her brother.

Not sure how they can just ignore Harrison being taken hostage by one of the worst serial killers in Miami in DKK...either Harrison is clinically retarded, or that needs to be explained because something like that has to affect a kid, no?

Finally caught up through season 6. Liked the season quite a bit. Colin Hanks was great and I am excited to see how Lewis develops as a character. I would love to see Matthews kill Laguerta out of spite

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
    Finally caught up through season 6. Liked the season quite a bit. Colin Hanks was great and I am excited to see how Lewis develops as a character. I would love to see Matthews kill Laguerta out of spite
    you need to watch season 7, much better than 6 imo

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Remix
    you need to watch season 7, much better than 6 imo
    That's not saying much because, IMO, season 6 sucked (by Dexter standards). Season 7 was great for the first half or so then the quality quickly dipped.

These last two seasons give me a new appreciation for season 3, which used to be my least favourite. But I'm also one of the few Dexter fans who didn't hate Lumen and that whole story in s5.