rank sentamentalist

Default will cultural globalization save america from eating itself alive?

Default Re: will cultural globalization save america from eating itself alive?

Define? Define define?

Isn't it Amerca that started cultural globalization? Will cultural globalization eat itself alive? Well it may.

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    Define? Define define?

Isn't it Amerca that started cultural globalization? Will cultural globalization eat itself alive? Well it may.
    Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Britain.
    Well in a way, I suppose we all implicitly thinking West in general, and you know what I mean by West - West, not technically oh it should be considered that these countries are/weren't blah blah

What does that even mean

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    What does that even mean
    Amerca, maybe a bit Britain.

Amerca, maybe a bit Britain.
    nah I'm talking about OP. I don't understand the question

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    nah I'm talking about OP. I don't understand the question
    Yeah neither do I. He must have had some kind of epiphany and wants to see if anybody picks it up. Or just wants to see reactions.

My epiphany today was that since the latest developments Camron can't keep saying "no homo" no more if he wants to stay relevant, he anow has to say "no homo phobo"

rank sentamentalist

Yeah neither do I. He must have had some kind of epiphany and wants to see if anybody picks it up. Or just wants to see reactions.
    just reactions, no epiphanies haha

was curious to see how folks might read into it but you're the only one unintimidated enough to give your own unique personal stab at it

Banned

Pretty soon there will be no point to tourism/traveling because corporatism has essentially made every country in the world redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    just reactions, no epiphanies haha

was curious to see how folks might read into it but you're the only one unintimidated enough to give your own unique personal stab at it

Well, EU voted to continue the TTIP negotiation despite the major resistance from the public. There are plenty treaties like that, undercutting the power of the people and governments, and insisting to solve everything on the business terms.

For example, wikileaks recently published info about TISA - Trade In Services Agreement, with negotiating parties from the United States, the 28 members of the European Union and 23 other countries, including Turkey, Mexico, Canada, Australia, Pakistan, Taiwan and Israel. They also published an analysis of the treaty, this is an excerpt:

Trade in services agreements treat services as marketable commodities,and deny or subordinate or deny altogether their social, cultural, environmental, employment, and development functions. People are not viewed as citizens or members of their communities - they are ‘consumers’.
    Those who provide the services do not need to have any connection to the people or communities that rely on their services – they can be ‘supplied’ from offshore, or by a temporary visitor, or through foreign firms who establish a local presence but whose priority is to deliver profits to offshore shareholders. None of these ‘suppliers’ has any long-term responsibility or accountability to the country that ‘consumes’ them.
    Governments sign away their right to give preferences to local providers of services, such as broadcasting, education, electricity or sanitation, or to limit foreign investors and require majority local directors for sensitive services sectors.
    The core rules on market access restrict governments’ ability to shape those ‘markets’ by limiting the size or growth of certain activities, such as banks, tourist ventures or hypermarkets, whether nation-wide or in local areas, and whether they are locally or foreign owned.
    The exceptions for public health, environment, public order and morality must be established as a defence to a complaint, and are subject to many onerous tests. They have proven ineffective as safeguards in the WTO, succeeding fully in only 1 out of more than 40 disputes.

So to me it seems that the globalization of the market is going on successfully. What knows, maybe these are the last stages already - it seems to be a trend going on since forever.

I also overheard about NWO - a journalist Jon Ronson (extremely likeable guy, knows great stories) on JRE talked about it a bit. It's supposed to be a group working to counter the political ideologies in the world, and make it a better place as far as having wars not to interrupt the business. That's an interesting idea, I thought.

Also, the opposition to Greece standing up for themselves is tremendous in my little uninformed country. I take that free-market ideologues have achieved theirs, and successfully implanted the germ of stupidity into people.

So to summarize my media it seems that neoliberalism is taking over the world. Not a breaking story, to be honest.

Rid baiting Numbersix and Chewing etc.