Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Lakers are so much better in the halfcourt, wtf is d'antoni doing running it

Lakers are so much better in the halfcourt, wtf is d'antoni doing running it half the time?

Slowing the game to halfcourt also lets one of the greatest defensive centers ever time to set up in the paint, remember dwight's 9 blocks vs the Lakers frontcourt in the 09 finals?

National High School Star

Default Re: Lakers are so much better in the halfcourt, wtf is d'antoni doing running it

D'antoni is an idiot.

Hill is so much better playing next to Dwight, but he barely gives him minutes.

The bench needs so much more scoring as well...so it makes sense to play pau and jamison next to each other.

Default Re: Lakers are so much better in the halfcourt, wtf is d'antoni doing running it

Quote Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
    D'antoni is an idiot.

Hill is so much better playing next to Dwight, but he barely gives him minutes.

The bench needs so much more scoring as well...so it makes sense to play pau and jamison next to each other.
    He's an idiot and also hard-headed.. no evolution in his coaching style even after all these years.. you'd think he would have learned some lessons in NYK, it's not like he didn't have the personnel either. Look what woodson is doing with this current group.

He is a horrible coach. They should have keep Mike Brown. He had a vision for success. Mike has no idea what. He is doing.

yeah but once hes setup they foul him immediately and send him to the line

dwight is deadly in transition or when pushing the ball up the floor, something nash will do when he comes back

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    yeah but once hes setup they foul him immediately and send him to the line

dwight is deadly in transition or when pushing the ball up the floor, something nash will do when he comes back
    This is true but they can just do it anyways even in transition. Dwight has to touch it at some point during the transition game, especially on the outlet passes (which is his main responsibility).

Also maybe i'm just a purist or old school fan or w/e but my philosophy is that you let dwight take FTs all day until he actually can hit about 60-70% of them which would make the other team stop fouling. Plus you can only get away with some many fouls, especially during a playoff series.

In the playoffs give me slow grind it all ball with hack a dwight all day vs Mike's run and gun garbage system.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Pretty obvious D'Antoni is an idiot. Dude would rather play Jamison (until Hill starts playing like a monster for a quarter tonight) because he can shoot threes than play Jordan Hill who hustles, rebounds, at least plays some defense.

Get ready for Kome ball in the 4th

Dantoni, "we just need to get more athletic".

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    My response to him: We just need a real coach!!!!

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    He's right...

But anyone can say come up with that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
    He's right...

But anyone can say come up with that conclusion.
    No he's not right, he means that his teams need that for his offensive system to work.. the problem is I've never seen a 1-dimensional team only focused on offense win a championship. If anything dominant defenses are much more predictors of contention than even the most potent offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    Lakers are so much better in the halfcourt, wtf is d'antoni doing running it half the time?

Slowing the game to halfcourt also lets one of the greatest defensive centers ever time to set up in the paint, remember dwight's 9 blocks vs the Lakers frontcourt in the 09 finals?

During the Mike Brown "era" people were complaining that the Lakers should be running most of the game, quicken the pace, and let the athleticism of Howard off transition and pick and rolls be utilized to maximize his talents. Setting him up in the half court game was not working at the time, it was taking too long in that so called Princeton offense.

What i'm trying to say is, it's becoming more clear to me that this is becoming more a problem of the personnel. I'm not saying D'antoni or Brown are good coaches, but I think the problem is just as much the personnel as the coaches.

It's probably because they're best running it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellogs4toniee
    During the Mike Brown "era" people were complaining that the Lakers should be running most of the game, quicken the pace, and let the athleticism of Howard off transition and pick and rolls be utilized to maximize his talents. Setting him up in the half court game was not working at the time, it was taking too long in that so called Princeton offense.

What i'm trying to say is, it's becoming more clear to me that this is becoming more a problem of the personnel. I'm not saying D'antoni or Brown are good coaches, but I think the problem is just as much the personnel as the coaches.

Both those coaches suck balls!!!!

You cannot win without a good defense and a fluid functioning offense.
    Mike Brown was clueless when it came to offense and D'Antoni doesn't want his teams to play defense, he thinks it's a waste of energy.

If they had a coach who knew both offense and defense they would be winning.....heck, Phil Jackson won titles with far less talent.