Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: You know What really "Grinds my gears?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    What grinds my gears is that a team that was on a 66-68 win pace with Rose last year and won 62 the season before wins 44 or 45 games and has people acting like it proves Roses impact was overstated as if 15-20 wins worse isnt the usual impact of a HOF guard.

I rule the local playground Joey3000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    What grinds my gears is that a team that was on a 66-68 win pace with Rose last year and won 62 the season before wins 44 or 45 games and has people acting like it proves Roses impact was overstated as if 15-20 wins worse isnt the usual impact of a HOF guard.

And that... is what really... grinds my gears.

I rule the local playground dontgetchoked's Avatar

You acting like its crazy, but hes already in the hall of fame. How many NBA MVP's arent in the hall of fame? Plus if you look back at teams who lost a hall of fame level player, 15-20 is basically the average number.

It seems to me that derrick rose, for some reason, is what grinds your gears. Drose played through Many injuries before this season. He had sprained ankles and stomach ulcers throughout his MVP season but he only missed 1 game. As far as i'm concerned he has earned the right to sit as long as he feels like. Dude loves basketball and is a huge competetor, i dont understand why people are so mad about him not playing, especially fans of other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by dontgetchoked
    You acting like its crazy, but hes already in the hall of fame. How many NBA MVP's arent in the hall of fame? Plus if you look back at teams who lost a hall of fame level player, 15-20 is basically the average number.
    Yeah, he will be in the HOF no matter what. I thought the MVP made it a lock.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joey3000
    And that... is what really... grinds my gears.
    Real talk is the best lubricant.

He's accomplished as much as many if not most guards already in. It doesn't take as much as people think. Go see what Dave Bing actually accomplished. Rose replicates his 2010 season 10 times he's probably in without ever being MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey3000

You know what really Grinds my gears? If Rose was never hurt, and Chicago was first in their division and 3 overall in the east... He would be ahead of Carmelo and maybe even Lebron (cuz we all hate Lebron) in the MVP race.

People would be carrying on about how he is doing it with a cast of role players and how he makes people around him better.

People would be saying he is better than the likes of Wade because Wade would never be able to have that kinda record with this kinda team at this stage in his career.

People would be saying Kobe needs to take notes.

But now that this team is succeeding on their own... do they get any credit? Hell no. People are just waiting for Rose to get back so they can see a spectacular Dunk.

News Flash!!! Spectacular Dunks and Layups are not what makes Chicago the Chicago bulls good. Cross overs and chest pounding is not what wins games.

Rose is just glider. Nothing else. This team thrives on great defense and consistency. Sharing the ball. Trusting each other.

Many would Argue that Rose will make them a contender. Again, no he wont. What makes them a contender is great defense and consistency. Sharing the ball. Trusting each other.

And that, Insidehoops... is what really Grinds my gears
    bump. bulls are currently 9-16 without rose.
    this is what "grinds my gears" when people post garbage and believe it themselves.
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 12-21-2013 at 10:40 PM.