Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Forgotten Free Agents - Raptors could chase ?

Most of the guys on the list aren't available for a 2016 pick.

Out of the ones we could get I think Evan Turner could help us, we could use another playmaker outside Lowry and DD. I don't know if Pacer still hold his bird right to be able to SnT him now that they've declined him a qualifying offer.

More realistic, but not ideal, scenario is to trade Fields/Novak expirer for solid player whose overpaid with a long contract that the team wants to dump.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bk33
    Most of the guys on the list aren't available for a 2016 pick.

Out of the ones we could get I think Evan Turner could help us, we could use another playmaker outside Lowry and DD. I don't know if Pacer still hold his bird right to be able to SnT him now that they've declined him a qualifying offer.

More realistic, but not ideal, scenario is to trade Fields/Novak expirer for solid player whose overpaid with a long contract that the team wants to dump.
    No I agree most guys wont go for a pick.

I was indicating some combination of Lowry / Novak / and the pick to make the dollars work right i.e. between ~ $ 6 and $12Million where some combination of 2 of the 3 or 3 of the 3 go..

Local High School Star

Thabo S -

3 year deal with Hawks

I think I am relieved.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    Seems the Pacers signed CJ Miles from the Cavs to a multiyear deal which puts cap pressure on both Evan Turner and Lance Stepheson.

I dont think the Pacers can bring back both based on cap. May have troubles bringing back just one of them to boot. Another website indicates nearly $60M spent without Miles and a couple of signings to make.

Assuming Indy is looking for a contract that will expire (Fields - final year) one of these two become a serious candidate.

Evan Turner - Pacers SF
    Lance Stephenson - Pacers SG

Didnt contribute much to the Pacers run but then neither did the rest of the team some nights.

Lance has a "rep" for locker room issues ? Evan from Philly nothing big either way.
    Marc Stein reporting Indy is chasing Rondo with Celtics and looking for a thrid team to get involved....

Indy is in luxury tax level

Toronto is at cap below luxury tax level

Boston is well under with draft picks.

Hmmm I wonder if Masai been on the phone all afternoon.

Not airballing my layups anymore

I would like to get Jeff Green from the Celtics. Don't know if we have the pieces to tempt Boston though.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by clipse
    I would like to get Jeff Green from the Celtics. Don't know if we have the pieces to tempt Boston though.
    he is a good player who show's flashes of brilliance but is inconsistent.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by rightsideup
    he is a good player who show's flashes of brilliance but is inconsistent.
    I agree, however on the Celtics, there weren't nearly as many options, or playmakers until rondo returned. I think on this version of the raps, now would be a great time to try and get him, especially if Boston decides it's time to hit the reset button. He's also on the kind of contract that makes sense for the type of production he should provide. He can space the floor, is a fair size for sf, athletic, and I believe he can play defense if in the right system. I also haven't heard of him being a locker room distraction. I've always been a fan of his since he was on okc, so it'd be pretty sweet if Masai could make it work.

Although, I really believe other teams would be able to offer more, and highly doubtful ainge trades him within the division.

Local High School Star

Updated:

Narrowed list to what we evidently could afford on the MLE - given the CAP discussion and other threads.

Not sure I have every potential we want. Add others you think should be on list.

I guess the question boils down to "next season and the season after".

If we are going to use the MLE this year on someone for SF depth [COLOR="Red"]AND...[/COLOR]

....we have about $18 Million in cap space open up next season (Fields/Hayes/Hansborough/Lou Williams) [COLOR="Red"]THEN..[/COLOR]

...who do you sign assuming you "maybe chasing a premier talent".

P.J. Tucker - Suns

Former Raps draft pick

Franciso Garcia - Rockets.

Has a player option, plays D, makes 3 pointers.

Evan Turner - Pacers

Didnt contribute much to the Pacers run but then neither did the rest of the team somenights

Vince Carter - Mavs

Assumes Dallas lets go because they land Deng and or some other talent.

Richard Jefferson - Utah

Vet Presence.
    Last edited by Jballer; 07-08-2014 at 03:10 PM.