Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricky Rubio

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Ricky Rubio

hi folks.....can anybody give me a heads-up on how to find Ricky Rubio memorabilia????....jersey,programs etc.....the only connection I have is through his team...and..there is a bit of a language barrier.....nothing on e-bay.....any ideas????.......any help would be hugely appreciated....gg1527gg2@yahoo.com......thanks GG........ps......yeah.....put me in the "Rubio is Next" club......

Very good NBA starter

his shooting form is really atrocious. he looks like a guy who never had a shooting coach, but he just kept on practicing his bad form and keeping bad habits because he was decent with it. it's going to be hard to unlearn those bad habits later on since he's not 15 anymore. his shot also isn't a very quick release. he takes way too long to set it up. he's not a quick pull up trigger. he also jumps like 2 inches high off his jump shots, barely off his toes from the ground... kinda like sam perkins style except he's not tall and this kid isn't a "smooth" release but looks frigid and figety. a semi-fast defender can easily stop that slower and low release. but on the floor with the ball - he's got some handles and flavor. i see a little manu when he's driving towards the basket. he can dunk in a breakaway, but he's not really a flier. most layups aren't very acrobatic and he doesn't get very high off the ground and he looks like he's stretching for his life to get the ball up. so he's only 18 and 6'4" 180lb? comparing him to nba vets is wrong, but i if i compare him to an 18-year-old 6'3" 170lb monta ellis fresh out of high school, this guy looks pretty weak sauce.

Learning to shoot layups ''Pistol Pete'''s Avatar

180 pounds my ass.

No elevation on his jumper.

Great WNBA prospect.

Decent playground baller simasu01's Avatar

Wait til he gets there, Rubio is European, his games isn't like Monta Ellis, look at what he was doing in the Euro U Championships, you think Ellis could do anything like that?

I rule the local playground

Ricky will be awesome. He will probably in Europe a couple of years, he have much to improve, but he will sure do.

You said shooting. Have you seen, for example, the incredible improvement from Calderon? (he was a bad one, and in a pair of years he is moving in Steve Nash's percentages). He can change his shooting, he is far younger than Calderon.

He is young, smart, a great playmaker and an awesome defender. He will be one of the best NBA PG's, I am absolutely sure. He is far, far better than Calderon was with his age.

I mean comon Fernandez is 6'6 - 172 lbs and you're going to tell me that Ricky Rubio is two inches shorter and 8 pounds heavier? Hahaha!

No Pun Intended ryantheporchkid's Avatar

He's got to work on speeding up that jumper. Thought the same when I first saw him at 15. Good prospect.

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

you guys don't have a clue.the guy is 16 or 17 and he is fantastic,a great defender better than any other player at his age.give the guy a break,i just hope he never goes to the NBA however thats wishful thinking,unfortunately players have this thing with trying out the NBA.

Decent playground baller simasu01's Avatar

I agree with la bomba, but there's a point going to the NBA, just like everyone that comes to America: MAKE MONEY. NBA is dying for Rubio and other young Euros, the so-called "Dream Team" cannot place higher than third, and times look to be far worse for usa with Lithuania, Spain, and Serbia coming with great talent. Rubio is one of them, others aren't too far behing, I'll give you people another name to remember: Donatas Motiejunas, I believe he is 17, he won't play in the Olympics this summer unfortunately, but in 2009 I think he'll play in the Euros.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by 'Pistol Pete'
    I mean comon Fernandez is 6'6 - 172 lbs and you're going to tell me that Ricky Rubio is two inches shorter and 8 pounds heavier? Hahaha!
    Don't waste your time, and go watch another sport. You don't know anything about basketball, and only writes trash.

TROLL.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
    Don't waste your time, and go watch another sport. You don't know anything about basketball, and only writes trash.

TROLL.

How am I only writing trash?

It's a FACT.

Prove me wrong.

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

rudy is 1.96m and Ricky Rubio is 1.90m so yeah about 2 inches separate them.as for the weight I don't know,but is it important?they are very different players.Both great and if they both stay in Badalona and they qualify for the euroleague(tough as it is for them,as Unicaja and TAU have guaranteed spots due to their results in previous years,and real madrid look like they are going to finish top of the regular season which gives them an automatic spot,so they basically have to either win the ACB or finish runner up to any of these teams)they will have a good a run in it.

Saw a basketball once misterfurious's Avatar

Some scouts compares him to the great Pistol Pete during his younger years.

I say that's BLASPHEMY and they're a bunch of retards.

He's more of a Marco Belinelli IMO. Or a more slender Adam Morrison. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by misterfurious

Some scouts compares him to the great Pistol Pete during his younger years.

I say that's BLASPHEMY and they're a bunch of retards.

He's more of a Marco Belinelli IMO. Or a more slender Adam Morrison. Lol.

He sure looks like him though.