Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Raptors sign Rasho Nesterovic

"Rasho is awesome"
    -Tim Duncan

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

How is it overrated? Players rave about it. Coaches talk about it. And more importantly, stats prove it as well. So how exactly is it overrated? Just because you don't understand how to play defense and what positional defense actually is, doesn't mean he is not good at it. God, you're one ignorant prick! Learn the game before you comment on it...
    hey ****face if a 7 foot defensive force was on the market you think he'd sign this cheap?

I thought all this Rasho hype by Raptors fans was a joke but you're REALLY serious? lmao ****in moron

"Touch me Rasho"
    - Tim Duncan's wife

Rasho plays within himself for 10 mins a game off the bench. That's pretty valuable in the NBA.

madvillain

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    hey ****face if a 7 foot defensive force was on the market you think he'd sign this cheap?
    Read the post you were replying to. Positional defense etc etc. Nobody's calling the guy an athletic shot-blocking monster. He comes cheap because he's strictly a backup and won't be playing 40+ minutes a game.

Loser.

I thought all this Rasho hype by Raptors fans was a joke but you're REALLY serious? lmao ****in moron
    Here's a question. Would you want to play where your son was born AND is living when you have already earned over 30 mil in your career so far?

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

brwnman and all these ******gers make it sound like he's a shutdown defender

the guy is so close to worthless, why not keep POPS instead, young guy who rebounds like no one else on the Raptors

btw that says n u t h u g g e r s not something else

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

much better acquisition

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I wish we got the guy on the right of that picture instead.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

we got a better version in the draft

same school too

Not airballing my layups anymore nev3rh00d's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R.H.C.P.
    My all time favourite Rasho moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kASqfmnXSJg
    I loled @ description:
    On April 2, 2008 at 7:34PM EST, Nesterović hit his first three point shot ever in the regular season, with a pump fake, for a buzzer beater against the Atlanta Hawks, in Atlanta. Watch this historical moment, its importance paralleled only to the moon landing, the fall of the Berlin Wall and Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" speech.

the guy is so close to worthless, why not keep POPS instead, young guy who rebounds like no one else on the Raptors

He is a pretty shutdown defender. Elite? No. But he makes it tougher for you to score than 90% of centers in the league. The thing is, he doesn't have much mileage left. He can give a solid 20 minutes a game. And nobody is going to break the bank for a guy who'll only play 20 minutes. He'll help us when we face the tough centers in the East, like Shaq and Howard and even help us against KG and some lanky PFs. I am sure he had similar offers from other teams, but he chose the place that he felt most comfortable and his role is defined and he is familiar with some of the players.

and you say he is "close to worthless," that is downright comedy. And why not keep Pops? I am not against Pops, but the downside? He will be already 26 when the season starts, that is not exactly young. His offensive game consists of nothing else but dunking, while he has improved his footwork; he is not gonna scare anyone with his offense. He doesn't play much defense. He cheats for blocks a lot, and doesn't get many. And oh his rebounding? That's also overrated by people who only see "hustle, heart, determination" and all that garbage. He averaged the same amount of offensive rebounds as defensive and most of the offensive rebounds came off his own misses. He shot an amazing 35% last year as a PF; great job there bud. This team doesn't really have a need for him anymore. Evans can do what Pops can do, but a lot better. Pops is just more flashy with his dunks, but Evans will become a fan favorite fairly soon as well.

So next time you decide to call me out, make sure you know the game. Name-calling and using abbreviations such as "lol" and "lmao" will only get you so far, because in the end, the only moron that comes out of this whole argument is you. Thank you. And good day sir...

Local High School Star

brwnman is an excellent poster. He puts thought into his posts and expresses himself clearly. Plus he understands the game well. If you don’t like Rasho, that’s fine, but you’re way overboard in calling out anybody who sees any value in him.

Don’t make it seem like you’ve been a short bus student all your life. Grow up and stop the name calling. At this point enough posters have tried to tell you Rasho is much much better then you give him credit for.

Sometimes it’s best to stay quiet and have people think you’re dumb then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

A great acquisition for the cheap bi-annual to play 10mins a game off the bench. Rasho knows his role and can play positional defense in situationals against other big centers of the league. This in turn will also keep Bosh and Bargnani out of foul trouble. Great to have you back Rasho!

This is good news but, ARE WE GETTING POPS BACK????