Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: NBA will penalize flopping from now on, confirmed today

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    The only reason why flopping has become an issue is because of how soft the league has gotten. It's a lot more visible now than it was in the 80's and 90's.

Dennis Rodman, one of the toughest guys to ever played the game, was actually quite a flopper himself. You just didn't notice it as much because of how physical the game was in the 80's and 90's.

I don't think fining and penalizing will stop flopping, it'll just make the league even more "pussified." Make the league more physical again, be more of a contact sport like it once was then players won't be flopping like bitches as much. They'll think twice when they do.
    One thing about Rodman's flopping was this: He wasn't necessarily doing it for the call. He mostly wanted to get into the guy's head and under his skin. So many guys that he defended would eventually explode in rage and get T'd up after Rodman would do his thing.
    Last edited by Rolando; 10-04-2012 at 06:23 AM.

Saw a basketball once godfather2007's Avatar

From what I understand, they will review the video after the game. That way floppers will know for sure they will be penalized eventually. I think it's the best way to deal with this problem.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

It's really become a problem and the league had to address it. Now the question is if they can make the penalty enough for the players not to risk it.

I'm glad ,it's ridiculous at times. The exaggeration i don't mind so much as the non contact falling that's starting now. Refs were going to toss Chandler in a playoff game because Lebron was rolling around.

So if it's gonna be implemented as a post-game rule then I believe the officials will get it right most of the time while turning a blind eye to 50-50 situations if a star is involved.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    So now under a player's summary we'll see: Points, rebounds, assists, turnovers... technicals and..... FLOPS?!
    New league leader to keep track of.

Very good NBA starter

used to play in the court where few fouls were respected. if you called it, you were pusssy. everyone was embarrassed to call any touchy touchy fouls. you just don't do it if you got any pride... unless it was game point, then you argue all day over any bullshit.

anyway, now seeing these pros act like fairy bitches on the slightest air fart in the way, it's just disgusting to watch. the fk can a tiny midget point guard knock your 6'10" power forward vag!na ass over and you're crying on the ground and sh!t for ten minutes...

no more flopping, that's good. now bring back more physical play.

Quote Originally Posted by godfather2007
    From what I understand, they will review the video after the game. That way floppers will know for sure they will be penalized eventually. I think it's the best way to deal with this problem.

Just think how busy these people will be that review the games. A typical game has soooooo many flops.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Just think how busy these people will be that review the games. A typical game has soooooo many flops.
    Can you imagine the Clippers vs. the Thunder ? I think someone's quiting their job after that one lol.

Are they going to let defenders actually make a play on the ball without calling a foul every time?

That's why players are flopping more now than ever. They aren't allowed to contest shots without getting called for a foul, so the alternative is to just move in front of the player, fall down, and hope you get a call.

If the refs would call the rules correctly i.e. a defender is allowed his space vertically all the way to the ceiling, then perhaps players trying to flop all over wouldn't be such an issue. The truth is, refs are scared. They are scared not to make a call, because of the increased scrutiny on the game. So next time you complain about a flop, think about the non-foul call you just complained about.