Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: What would the 72-10 Bull's record look like playing this year?

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I really don't see how they'd have trouble adapting. Actually, they might even be better in this era because they don't have to play their centers as much and could play Kukoc more who was their 4th best player. They could play their 5 best players i.e. Rodman/Kukoc/Pippen/Jordan/Harper lineups more often.
    Eh, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then. We're not terribly far off, though.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    It wouldn't be any different. The majority of teams today are so stupid and undisciplined they would get run out of the building by a high IQ, highly skilled, defensive oriented team like the '96 Bulls.

I think even the '96 Orlando Magic would absolutely MURDER this league today.
    Hmmmm, gonna have to call you out on this. Shaq is my all-time favorite player, and I watched a lot of those early to mid-90s Magic squads (started watching the NBA in 91). Didn't see anything that would lead me to think this.

73-9

Complete Player

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii

Hmmmm, gonna have to call you out on this. Shaq is my all-time favorite player, and I watched a lot of those early to mid-90s Magic squads (started watching the NBA in 91). Didn't see anything that would lead me to think this.
    The '96 Magic had all of the ingredients for success in today's league. A great frontcourt with Shaq (he would be even more dominant in this horrible big man era) and Horace Grant, a damn good wing player in Penny, and 3 point shooters to stretch the floor in Dennis Scott and Nick Anderson. They were a well-balanced team that could beat you inside and out.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    The '96 Magic had all of the ingredients for success in today's league. A great frontcourt with Shaq (he would be even more dominant in this horrible big man era) and Horace Grant, a damn good wing player in Penny, and 3 point shooters to stretch the floor in Dennis Scott and Nick Anderson. They were a well-balanced team that could beat you inside and out.
    They'd contend, but to me 'murder' = they'd win 65+ games, and would be a heavy favorite to win every round in no more than 5 games (and would have to be a better than even money favorite in Vegas to win it all from the offset of the season).

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    Between 50-55 wins.. Actually there's no competition for them that time and today teams are far better than team in the 90s.. Even the Wizards can easily make the playoff in the 90s.. That's how shitty their competition was..
    Proving your dumbassery one post at a time. This years Knicks team look poised to get at least that record. You're trying to tell me the 96 Bulls wouldn't get anymore wins than this year's Knicks team is likely to get?

Decent playground baller

Apparently the same as the Lakers will have this year

Prob 64 wins. Knicks beat them 104-72. I remember because sadly, that was one of the happiest moments of my knicks rooting life they should still win the championship. Want to see him against OKC.

Does Pippen shut down KD? Doubt it, too many screens. But I'm sure Durant does not go off outside a game or 2. Westbrook would be key... lol

Also factor in that they no longer would have to worry about illegal defense today. Jordan and Pippen would be even better defensively today. Especially Pippen.

Id say 75 wins

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    Proving your dumbassery one post at a time. This years Knicks team look poised to get at least that record. You're trying to tell me the 96 Bulls wouldn't get anymore wins than this year's Knicks team is likely to get?
    You're comparing two teams in a different era.. Im referring to the competition dumbass.. Today competition is far better and tougher than in the water down 90s.. That doesnt mean that the knicks are better than the 96 bulls..

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Prob 64 wins. Knicks beat them 104-72. I remember because sadly, that was one of the happiest moments of my knicks rooting life they should still win the championship. Want to see him against OKC.

Does Pippen shut down KD? Doubt it, too many screens. But I'm sure Durant does not go off outside a game or 2. Westbrook would be key... lol
    Why only 64? The Magic are playing 500 ball with Davis, Aflalo, and Nelson as their best players. The Heat just lost to the Wizards without Wall.

Whats more. The two best teams in the league this year (Heat and Thunder) have worse bigs than the Bulls.

They would win 55-62 games.

People really forget that was the expansion era.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Also factor in that they no longer would have to worry about illegal defense today. Jordan and Pippen would be even better defensively today. Especially Pippen.

Id say 75 wins
    any rule changes would have benefited them and hurt them pretty much equally.

yeah, they dont have to worry about illegal defense, but other teams that are playing them dont have to worry about it either

it works both ways

in fact, loading up the strong side would be a pretty good defensive strategy against jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    You're comparing two teams in a different era.. Im referring to the competition dumbass.. Today competition is far better and tougher than in the water down 90s.. That doesnt mean that the knicks are better than the 96 bulls..
    Really? Didn't the Bobcats set the record for fewest wins in a season just last year? The Magic have nobody and are still winning games

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    any rule changes would have benefited them and hurt them pretty much equally.

yeah, they dont have to worry about illegal defense, but other teams that are playing them dont have to worry about it either

it works both ways

in fact, loading up the strong side would be a pretty good defensive strategy against jordan.
    It doesn't hurt anyone else. It sure as hell aint gonna hurt Jordan. Compound that with the fact that now you have a huge issue or not being able to box out Rodman. Seattle tried to do somting similar. And Rodman had record setting offensive rebounding games

The Bulls would win just as many games. Dennis Rodman was a beast on the boards. Also, the Bulls had some length at that center spot. Pippen, Jordan, and Harper, and Rodman was some epic defense. Ultimately, nobody could stop Jordan either.