Page 38 of 130 FirstFirst ... 28353637383940414888 ... LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

LoVett's apparently interested in Purdue, which is genuinely shocking to me. Elite kid from Cali and all. Apparently his family's from here and his dad signed with Purdue but couldn't make the grades but him and Gene Keady stayed close ever since so there's some affection.

Still really, really doubt it gets close to happening, but at least something to hope for.

If jahlil and his boy don't sign with UConn I will riot....

Apparently Gasol's little brother plays for UCLA? as a walk on.... News to me...

The hell is happening in the Oregon/Stanford game? Admittedly I don't know much about Stanford this year, but they're putting it on Oregon right now. Up 63-38 in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    LoVett's apparently interested in Purdue, which is genuinely shocking to me. Elite kid from Cali and all. Apparently his family's from here and his dad signed with Purdue but couldn't make the grades but him and Gene Keady stayed close ever since so there's some affection.

Still really, really doubt it gets close to happening, but at least something to hope for.
    Yeah, that was surprising to me too. I've seen this kid play live and he I had the same reaction when I saw Jrue Holiday play @ Campbell Hall as I do with LoVett. Kid is a pure scorer and definitely has a shot to make it to the pros. Same with Jrue's lil brother, Aaron.

Easily top three guys I've seen play HS ball.

The Iowa Hawkeyes are going to be so good next year. Only made up of freshman and sophomores right now,they're still challenging teams with way more experience.

Aaron White is a damn beast.

That UConn Providence game was the definition of grinding out a game....

Set sights to Michigan at Indiana 9 PM ET. #1 @ #3...should be a great game. Wouldn't be surprised if it's comparable to that Kentucky game last year, when that dude hit a 3 at the buzzer to beat them. #1 seed and #1 in Big Ten on the line.

Lets go Wolverines Buy stock in Trey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Set sights to Michigan at Indiana 9 PM ET. #1 @ #3...should be a great game. Wouldn't be surprised if it's comparable to that Kentucky game last year, when that dude hit a 3 at the buzzer to beat them. #1 seed and #1 in Big Ten on the line.

Lets go Wolverines Buy stock in Trey Burke
    probably the best game of the conference schedule so far this year. not a bad rivalry either.

Pittsburgh has started to pull away from Syracuse a little bit. Syracuse fought back to tie the game 35-35, but Pitt has a 50-41 lead with 4:45 to go.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

this is the softest most punk ridden Purdue team I've ever seen

Down 2 with 45 seconds to go and a 47% FT shooter for VT makes two FT's. And UNC commits two stupid turnovers, and the game is going to OT.

Freshman Marcus Paige comes up big in OT with 8 points. No PJ Hairston so I'll take the win. Just wish it had been prettier.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Down 2 with 45 seconds to go and a 47% FT shooter for VT makes two FT's.
    That was right after a guy who wasn't missed a free throw all season missed two in a row for us. Dan jinxed the **** out of those free throws before Jackson shot them. Stupid announcers jinx. And he reversed jinxed the 47% shooter.

I'm serious, too.

Some may not agree, but McAdoo is going to be big time sooner or later. Lately the guy has been about a 16 and 10 player (over the last 5 or 6 games, so essentially conference play) and I'm pretty sure he has no idea what he's doing on offense.

Today he played different than any game all year and he goes 8-12 from the field. He stopped shooting that turn around jumper and was shooting more set shots. He destroyed VPI's zone. He made some nice drives to get to the line and some good reads on his passes.

He did have 5 turnovers. A couple early where he was stripped. Like I've said a million times, he needs to tighten his handle. Then he had the GOD AWFUL one that almost cost us the game at the end of regulation. Part of that was on Paige as he had no business passing that up to McAdoo in that situation. One of the other two was a bad backdoor cut pass. I'll take that on occasion as at least he's trying to make a play.

He's raw, but effective. Once he figures out what he wants to do and what he can get away with playing that way... Watch out.

And his defense and rebounding was outstanding today. He was not a good rebounder last year and not a good one in high school either. I think around 8 a game in high school. He's really picked it up lately.

Atmosphere at the Pitt game was awesome. Hail Pitt.