Page 44 of 130 FirstFirst ... 34414243444546475494 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Getting ready for Pitt vs. Cincy. If Pitt can win 2 out of the next 3 vs Cincy, Marquette, and ND then I will be pretty satisfied. I've got a little more hope for this team than a 2nd round exit after beating Syracuse.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I know Reggie Johnson was out, but damn, that Indiana State win over Miami might be what gets em in the tourney
    I still can't figure out how they lost by 12 to Florida Gulf Coast, even without Reggie Johnson. Of course they beat Michigan State without him, too.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I still can't figure out how they lost by 12 to Florida Gulf Coast, even without Reggie Johnson. Of course they beat Michigan State without him, too.
    The "fire Roy and give Steven whatever he wants" posts start yet on the UNC sites?

And to be fair, Gulf Coast isn't AWFUL, they're probably gonna win the Atlantic Sun. It's not like they're TCU.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

out to the bar to prep for Purdue/Michigan State. keep it within 20 and maybe I'll want to drink instead of need to.

The "fire Roy and give Steven whatever he wants" posts start yet on the UNC sites?
    Yes and no. Plenty of people starting to want Roy to be fired, but that's typical UNC panicking after a loss talk. However, I do think this is the first time some usual reasonable people are starting to think it's close to time for Roy to call it quits. Not necessarily because of his coaching, though. I think a lot of it has to do with his recruiting. But even then, it was just one bad recruiting year (by UNC standards) so I'm not sure it's warranted. There's definitely plenty to be critical about when it comes to his coaching this year, too, though. We start every game with two huge offensive liabilities against everyone, and four liabilities against good teams since Paige is too weak, and McAdoo plays like a bitch against good teams.

And Kansas loses their third in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Yeah, two of their three losses are kind of odd to look at, especially considering how well they've been playing the last month or so, but both Florida Gulf Coast and Indiana State aren't bad teams and it won't be surprising to see both of them in the tournament. With Kansas about to lose again, and with Michigan, Indiana, and Florida all losing this week, Miami is definitely going to get some votes for the number 1 ranking. Normally I don't care about Miami basketball but I'm a GMU fan and really like Larranaga and like to see him do well.

Started before the season even began. Let's just say the "misses" in the last two recruiting classes is starting to add up. And the results are now showing on the floor.

Nearly all of them aren't even Roy's fault either. But someone has to be throw under the bus, it's a mob's mentality.

And, fwiw, I would rather have Smart. Stevens' teams play so much like duke... I mean hey, it's a winning formula. Doesn't mean other ways don't work. After all, duke has made it out of the Sweet 16 how many times in the last 11 seasons? Twice, I think. That's not very good at all. For all of Roy's problems, his 7 years + 1/2 season at UNC have been more successful than those 11 + 1/2 K seasons.

What's up with Kansas?
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 02-09-2013 at 07:25 PM.

I can tell this is going to be a frustrating Pitt game. Dante Taylor is such an embarrassment sometimes.

NBA lottery pick

Jahii carson learn the name guys

I know Reggie Johnson was out, but damn, that Indiana State win over Miami might be what gets em in the tourney
    I believe it was their 3rd game in 3 days, after a long ass flight from Miami to Hawaii. They shot close to 30% for the game and were 0-15 from 3. Definition of dead legged and jet lag catching up to them.

Very please with the way Pitt appears to hav epulled out a win. Adams played well and Woodall made some plays down the stretch. Id still like to see more production from Zeigler and Moore on the wings tho.

Lots of juniors on this team tho so we should be very solid next year.

What the f[COLOR="Black"]uck?[/COLOR] Who's watching this Louisville-ND game? Lol at this finish.

There's no way in hell Notre Dame should've even been able to get this game into OT. They were down 8 with 45 seconds to go. Then they hit a contested 3 at the end of the 2nd OT tie it up. This game has been nuts.

Louisville gets fouled with about 20 seconds to go, down one, and predictably splits the FT's. Notre Dame loses control of the ball, leads to a jumpball where Louisville has possession....and now we're going to a 4th OT.

The Big East and their excessive OT games...