Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Kyrie Irving: 6 pts on 2-12 shooting, 7 assists in career debut; Bust already?

Are the Cavs wishing they took Derrick Williams yet?

Default Re: Kyrie Irving: 6 pts on 3-17 total attempts

Epic Chucker !!!

Banned

Ricky Rubio >

I just don't see what he did to deserve a number 1 overall pick, not that it's his fault. This isn't a 1 game overreaction thread, he just doesn't project well to me as a pro, not number 1 well.

Says 2-12 on ESPN.

op doesnt know how to read a boxscore

irving was 2-12 overall, and 1-5 on threes.

irving couldnt hit from outside, he got a lot of attention from the raps defense. he showed some really nice passing.

I just don't see what he did to deserve a number 1 overall pick, not that it's his fault. This isn't a 1 game overreaction thread, he just doesn't project well to me as a pro, not number 1 well.
    what the hell is it then?

he plays one bad game, you make a thread specifically about that one bad game, and then say he will have a disappointing career as a result.

is there something im missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by chips93

irving couldnt hit from outside, he got a lot of attention from the raps defense. he showed some really nice passing.

what the hell is it then?

he plays one bad game, you make a thread specifically about that one bad game, and then say he will have a disappointing career as a result.

is there something im missing here?
    Yes. You are missing the fact that this isn't a reaction from one game, it's based on the fact that he is small, not very quick, injury prone and unproven at the college level. The day of the draft I made a thread comparing his accomplishments to Kemba Walkers and asking why the hell he got taken number 1. I have nothing against the guy, I just don't see him panning out as a number 1 pick type player. Tonight was just an example.

Quote Originally Posted by MMKM
    Yes. You are missing the fact that this isn't a reaction from one game, it's based on the fact that he is small, not very quick, injury prone and unproven at the college level. The day of the draft I made a thread comparing his accomplishments to Kemba Walkers and asking why the hell he got taken number 1. I have nothing against the guy, I just don't see him panning out as a number 1 pick type player. Tonight was just an example.
    well thats just fine, but dont expect anybody to take you seriously if you post these things one game into his career.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by MMKM
    Thank God every GM in the league and every draft prognosticator had him pegged #1. What the hell are you thinking with this post? People WHO ACTUALLY KNOW watch these players for years and make predictions, yet you post on the fact that you think he won't be a good pro? Amazing. Did you say that last week when he had 21 in his pro debut? Unreal what some of you people post on here....like you actually know.

well thats just fine, but dont expect anybody to take you seriously if you post these things one game into his career.
    Totally aware of how it comes off, but that's my prediction

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease MochaUdoka's Avatar

@ 3-17

Quote Originally Posted by sixer6ad
    Thank God every GM in the league and every draft prognosticator had him pegged #1. What the hell are you thinking with this post? People WHO ACTUALLY KNOW watch these players for years and make predictions, yet you post on the fact that you think he won't be a good pro? Amazing. Did you say that last week when he had 21 in his pro debut? Unreal what some of you people post on here....like you actually know.
    Uh, Darko Milicic, Kwame Brown, Michael Olowokandi, Sam Bowie, Greg Oden...the prognosticators ALWAYS get it right, don't they?

Oh well, Cavs suck, what else is new?

A 19 year old PG playing his first pro game after playing only 11 college basketball games is supposed to be "All world" in his first regular season game? Let alone playing with the scrubs Cleveland had on the floor with him.

I didnt expect much from Kyrie this season.

Hes basically a player who came out of HS to the NBA, you can tell he has a lot of learning to do when hes on the court but he is talented and will eventually become a good NBA player.

I dont think he'll be a superstar, but he definetly has the tools to be a #2 option type of "star".

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Oh well, Cavs suck, what else is new?
    Which is good for next year's draft.