http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgCPwvJAMrk

Dexter Season 6 Promo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcQT5kEb2ws

A Message From Dexter
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-IXnlkgUwQ

and finally...

Dexter Season 6 Trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGslI_KcM

This season looks much better then last season. Dexter is refocussed and committed to killing again, which provides a much better show then with a Dexter filled with guilt. The theme of this season is obviously going to be religion, with a new string of murders tied to a new serial killer(s) for Dexter to hunt down. It looks like we could be in for the best season since season 4. The new season premiers in 1 month (October 2nd). What do you guys think?

Default Re: The Official Dexter Season 6 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    They should have ended this show with some dignity a long time ago. Money > quality is all I'm seeing. This show was engaging at one point. Now it's a borderline cartoon.
    I mean if thats your word...but ending it a long time ago? I thought season 5 was a big step down from the usual great story the show has but Season 4 wasn't that long ago. If you think Season 4 was Money > Quality or Cartoonish or what ever you think than I'm not sure what you were watching. Season 4 put the show on the map as one of the best Dramas on television and its hard to argue against that. Only 1 bad season out of 5? I'm willing to give this show a chance on the 6th. Especially because they realized people didn't want to see a Dexter filled with guilt, they wanted him to be the cold hearted killer he is, and if you watched the videos, Dexter says it himself, he's back to his old ways.

They should have ended this show with some dignity a long time ago. Money > quality is all I'm seeing. This show was engaging at one point. Now it's a borderline cartoon.
    A long time ago? Like when? Every season was good up until last season.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Kensta
    A long time ago? Like when? Every season was good up until last season.
    I thought last season was better than season 3 (IMO, the show's low point so far).

Riggin' for Wiggins! Chamberlain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I thought last season was better than season 3 (IMO, the show's low point so far).
    Completely agree. Season three was pretty bad and I went into Season 4 with very low expectations, but god dammit. Season 5 was a step down from 4 (and 1 and 2) but definitely better than 3.

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

So pumped for this season.

Are we really going to act like this show didn't peak during Doake's murder?
    Doakes was a good storyline but he was an annoying little bitch. Also, how do you forget about The Trinity Killer? Season 4 has been by far the best season.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I really like the show. I do think it's beginning to suffer from redundancy. How long can we still care about Dexter's internal morality conflict. Last season wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as I've heard it described.

Season 4 was spectacular, but it was missing that mystery element of who the killer was, which is why I liked season 1 the best. But I've been entertained by every season.

I do find the side characters to be a little one note. With the exception of Dex's sister, there really isn't a fully fleshed out character in the show, but I can live with it because the show is really about Dexter and his own personality.

High School Varsity 6th Man Ben Jordan's Avatar

Love this show. I wonder how Quinn will deal with knowing about Dexter.

Also, from the trailer I couldn't really tell, but was that black guy with the glasses mos def?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I really like the show. I do think it's beginning to suffer from redundancy. How long can we still care about Dexter's internal morality conflict.
    Yeah apparently Dexter has a reawakening this season and feels that what he's doing is the right thing and all of the morality stuff is over. It seems like he's going back to the Season 1 Dexter.

NBA sixth man of the year

Agree that this show should have ended already. IT'S THE SAME DAMN THING EVERY SEASON. Add a new dimension already, Deb needs to discover Dexter or something that actually has consequences. Also, do we really give a shit about Angel and Batista's marriage or all of that other crap that has NOTHING to do with Dexter or actual drama? Give me a break. It's just empty boring filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    3 and 5 were under par but I hate 5 more cause of Stiles. She annoyed the hell out of me.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

She's less annoying than his wife. Nowhere near as attractive, but less annoying none the less. Rita's soft voice drove me insane. I wanted her offed within two episodes of her appearance but that would mean I'd have to sacrifice dat ass. I can't do that.

I find Dexter's show sister / real life ex wife to be very attractive for some reason. I know she's not attractive in the traditional sense, but there's something about her I like, in addition to the fact that she's got a perfect body if you're into the tight little petitte frame. It may be the non-stop swearing.

Rita was hot as well.

When I think of the weak side characters, Batista and LaGuerta are pretty much exactly who I'm thinking of. To some degree Masuka as well, but at least he's used sparingly for small moments of levity.

If it's about the church, I wonder if it'll focus on kid touching, which would be interesting, because killing a child molester would be against Dexter's moral code, he can only kill a killer, but it would present what is generally considered the second of the great social sins in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I find Dexter's show sister / real life ex wife to be very attractive for some reason. I know she's not attractive in the traditional sense, but there's something about her I like, in addition to the fact that she's got a perfect body if you're into the tight little petitte frame. It may be the non-stop swearing.

Rita was hot as well.

When I think of the weak side characters, Batista and LaGuerta are pretty much exactly who I'm thinking of. To some degree Masuka as well, but at least he's used sparingly for small moments of levity.

If it's about the church, I wonder if it'll focus on kid touching, which would be interesting, because killing a child molester would be against Dexter's moral code, he can only kill a killer, but it would present what is generally considered the second of the great social sins in this country.
    Nah I think its more about some demented cult shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    Nah I think its more about some demented cult shit.
    I heard it was a college teacher and his students who are fans of Dexter somehow (they find out what he is doing and who he is) and somewhere along the line become disillusioned with him, and they hunt each other. I heard the religion aspect is Dexter trying to find meaning for his son, something to give him other than his own morality.

And season 4 was great, i hate when people say "IT SHOULD HAVE ENDED A LONG TIME AGO" - translation - i am bitching just to bitch.