Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who do you think will be champions this upcoming year?

I think most people are expecting the Warriors or Cavs. Curious to see if anyone expects anyone else to win. Also why?

I think the Warriors will close this year in a pretty dominating fashion because Durant fits for them. Don't know if they will start out well since Kerr will have to balance the way the 4 stars play.

So who and why do you think they will win? Maybe the 3-4 morons with 40 alts can try to keep this civilized without it turning into a Kobe vs Bron battle that noone else gives a sht about.

Default Re: Who do you think will be champions this upcoming year?

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L
    I think most people are expecting the Warriors or Cavs. Curious to see if anyone expects anyone else to win. Also why?

I think the Warriors will close this year in a pretty dominating fashion because Durant fits for them. Don't know if they will start out well since Kerr will have to balance the way the 4 stars play.

So who and why do you think they will win? Maybe the 3-4 morons with 40 alts can try to keep this civilized without it turning into a Kobe vs Bron battle that noone else gives a sht about.

the Warriors will have a pretty good regular season, but think the post season is where the lack of inside presence will come forth - rebounding and paint protection is going to be a serious issue

dark horse, if you want to call it that, is the Spurs. the Duncan replacement with Pau is definitely intriguing - whether the old legs of Pau, Manu and Parker hold up is another story.

no other team has the firepower to outduel any of these 3 teams - will take an unfortunate incident for another team to come into the picture.

wouldn't be surprised at a Cavs repeat, either, they have the firepower and know how - and if the Warriors are in the Finals, here goes that paint presence again

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

I'll watch the regular season, but not one game of the Warriors.

this team is like the Lakers had with Karl Malone.... loaded to the gills

------------------------------
    regular season will be filled with nice teams to watch , but when playoff arrive , I will not watch.

I expect bandwagoneer's flooding ISH with but licking comments about the Warriors.

Pretty sad how ISH and NBA will be in June 2017.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Cleveland pretty easily.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

GSW has been so lucky with keeping everyone healthy over the past 2-3 seasons. My not so crazy prediction is that they don't make it out of the west this year due to a major injury to a star player.

I say cavs win it.

Okc.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    GSW has been so lucky with keeping everyone healthy over the past 2-3 seasons. My not so crazy prediction is that they don't make it out of the west this year due to a major injury to a star player.

I say cavs win it.
    They just had their best player injured throughout half of the PO last season and Iggy/Bogut got injured in the final as well.

If there is media pressure and the Warriors are NBA villains then I wouldn't be shocked if they choked. Curry already has two sub-par performances at least by his normal expectations in the finals and despite the explanations and excuses he hasn't shown that he is a performer on the large stage as of yet. As for Durant, he is facing as much if not more pressure than his teammates, and it doesn't help that he choked himself last playoffs. Despite all that Cleveland probably didn't do enough to get better.

I think there's literally a 95% chance of Act 3 between Warriors and Cavs barring a LeBron injury. I'll give the other 5% to SAS but those are the only team's fans that should bother getting their hopes up (as far as the championship goes that is).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

There really is no way GS shouldn't win, unless they massively choke harder than they did this year.

GSW will pace themselves better this season and win it all.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L
    They just had their best player injured throughout half of the PO last season and Iggy/Bogut got injured in the final as well.

a minor sprain is not a major injury.

Spurs (I hope) if LaMarcus Aldridge doesn't go limp when the Warriors come to play. He always has a goliath start to some specific series and let's just hope it's against the Warriors. Now that the Thunder are out of the picture, the Spurs should get their chance.

I'd like to think Popovich is smart enough to exploit the Warriors' very obvious deficiencies. As good as they are, they certainly have some now.

The way the West has been choking I'm predicting a Timberwolves-Cavaliers matchup in the Finals.

My brother and I had a pretty good conversation about who could actually challenge GS (they're the favorite), and the only teams in the west that could actually matchup are the Spurs and Jazz. Jazz are a long shot, but they are the only team that can field legit defenders at every position and can switch everything on defense. The Spurs are just a team you can never count out no matter what season it is, probably the best pick outside of CLE or GS. Jazz aren't winning the title though even if they can put up a good fight. As for the East, I'd say CLE and BOS are the only true contenders out there (at the moment). I feel Toronto peaked last season, and I just look at Atlanta and see a franchise content with "Good, not Great." Boston though wouldn't beaten either SAS or GSW, I feel like they could be very competitive against Cleveland however.

Tldr: Same three contenders as last season, CLE-SAS-GSW