Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Jeremy Lin and the ROckets played well today!

I know it was against the crappy Pistons, but still, JLin, 8 assists, ZERO turnovers, in 25 mins of play?

Not bad

Ofc, James Harden, and Asik did good as well, and i loved seeing Terrence Jones out on the floor for the first time, same with D-Mo

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Jeremy Lin and the ROckets played well today!

If you want to look like world beaters, play against the 2013 Detroit Pistons.

Quote Originally Posted by blood yes
    I know it was against the crappy Pistons, but still, JLin, 8 assists, ZERO turnovers, in 25 mins of play?

Not bad

Ofc, James Harden, and Asik did good as well, and i loved seeing Terrence Jones out on the floor for the first time, same with D-Mo
    I don't consider scoring 7 points and shooting 2-7 (.285) "not bad" for Lin, but that's just me.

Harden shot 6-14 and had 5TO. Not great either.

And this was against the 0-7 Pistons, perhaps the worst team in the league. Wait until the Rockets play the Heat next.

Why are the Pistons doing so poorly tho?

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Horrible moves and judgment by GM Dumars.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    I don't consider scoring 7 points and shooting 2-7 (.285) "not bad" for Lin, but that's just me.

And this was against the 0-7 Pistons, perhaps the worst team in the league. Wait until the Rockets play the Heat next.
    Im not sying the rockets are some second round team, and they will get blown out by LeBron and the Heat no doubt, but the rockets are doing well to start off the season.

Also, Lin isnt the scorer on this rockets team, harden is. As long as Lin is distributing 8-12 assists a night, and he is cutting down on the TOs, he is worth the contract.

Dunking on everybody in the park Phantom_Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf

Stats didn't really tell the story. Sampson basically let Lin run things as he did in the first 2 games, and the offense flowed alot smoother. He also did not force anything in the paint, usually resulting in TO's, in which he had 0 today. Correct, this is the Pistons though, so he didn't have alot of pressure, but it's still a good sign nonetheless.

Harden played alot better off the ball, but still had too many ISO blackhole moments, but he was looking for the pass a little more.

Works in progress.

Guys, sooner or later we will all realize 2012 Mike Brown coached Lakers were only able to beat: the PISTONS! , thats how bad these pistons play...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    Guys, sooner or later we will all realize 2012 Mike Brown coached Lakers were only able to beat: the PISTONS! , thats how bad these pistons play...
    yea, i kno, the pistons suck. I think a d-league team MAY be able to hang with dem.

Quote Originally Posted by blood yes
    Im not sying the rockets are some second round team, and they will get blown out by LeBron and the Heat no doubt, but the rockets are doing well to start off the season.

Also, Lin isnt the scorer on this rockets team, harden is. As long as Lin is distributing 8-12 assists a night, and he is cutting down on the TOs, he is worth the contract.
    I don't agree with either of your points, but we'll see how the team develops without McHale.

Before the season started, and certainly after the first two games, Houston was being billed as a playoff contender. They're definitely not that, at this point, so I wouldn't say they're "doing well". They're treading water, and learning, but nothing much more than that.

Lin is being paid $8 million a year to do a lot more than just to hand out assists. He was supposed to be a reliable second scorer for this team -- something that he's failing miserably at. He is not justifying his contract thus far.
    Last edited by Shepseskaf; 11-11-2012 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_Blue
    Stats didn't really tell the story. Sampson basically let Lin run things as he did in the first 2 games, and the offense flowed alot smoother. He also did not force anything in the paint, usually resulting in TO's, in which he had 0 today. Correct, this is the Pistons though, so he didn't have alot of pressure, but it's still a good sign nonetheless.

Harden played alot better off the ball, but still had too many ISO blackhole moments, but he was looking for the pass a little more.

Works in progress.
    I didn't catch the game, so thanks for the summary. We'll see how things develop.

Saw the game (crappy stream). Lin played well but it was against Detroit so ill take it with a grain of salt. Harden is having some ugly tos this season. I mean there was one play where he lost the ball, got it back, then lost it again. He's trying too hard, I think. His jumper seemed like it's coming back though.

Houston is very inconsistent. They look great for stretches then their offense looks awful for stretches. But that's expected considering all the new pieces and young guys.

Dunking on everybody in the park Phantom_Blue's Avatar

One problem the Rockets are going to have to address are that Lin & Harden are great pick and roll players, but they have no bigs to play with in the starting lineup. Patterson is more of a pick & pop, and Asik has terrible hands and no offensive game(I hope more games will help this though).

The next best options are Greg Smith & Jones, so we'll see if they get more playing time in future games over Patterson.

If only Amare was a couple years younger, he'd be devastating on this team, with Asik covering his mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Rodney Stuckey

is this shit really thread worthy?