Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
    Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AKADS
    OK the one thing is I am a respect poster who throws out a few homerisms once and while while you are homer with everything you post.
    Give me an example, you seem too worried about what people who have never seen you in real life think about you.
    Cavs going to the Finals more likely to happen than Lakers being a top 10 team, Agreed!

OK the one thing is I am a respect poster who throws out a few homerisms once and while while you are homer with everything you post.
    Easy to see why you're such a "respect" poster.

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

WOW ur so smart. I miss spelled a few words.

Your a tool.

WOW ur so smart. I miss spelled a few words.

Your a tool.
    :stupid:

Superstar

Didnt Lakers have a top 10 record last yr???

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    Yes, but I think people wonder how they're going to maintain that without improving much except for adding Radmanovic, compared to say, the Rockets who add Battier and Tracy McGrady, or a team like the Jazz who will hopefully get Boozer and Kirilenko for all of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    Exactly. But I'm a homer for believing the Lakers can do it again, and it's common sense and not homerism to think the Cavs will make the finals, go figure.

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

Power Ranking are not the same as record. Second other teams have improved more then a 24th pick and a 3 point shooter.

Superstar

Yes, but I think people wonder how they're going to maintain that without improving much except for adding Radmanovic, compared to say, the Rockets who add Battier and Tracy McGrady, or a team like the Jazz who will hopefully get Boozer and Kirilenko for all of the season.
    I dont see why people are counting the lakers out already. Lakers were one of the best second half season teams. they improved drastically over the course of the season. if they play the way they played at the end of the season w/ lamar and kwame stepping up like they did, they will be a really good team. radman is not the main thing that will improve us. its not always about who they added. look at cleveland, they didnt add anyone that significant but theres no reason to believe they wont be better. lakers are building on what they had last yr...now we have teams like houston that got better...but memphis left so that cancels out. teams like the jazz,hornets got better but I dont see how they are better than lakers. I mean you got kobe/odom and they're better than any combo that jazz or hornets have. plus, we got a GOAT coach.

a dominating player in kobe, a GOAT coach, and an improved supporting cast. and despite major slumps throughout the season and nights where your 2nd option scored 5 points...still were top 10 recordwise. and what about them taking suns to 7 games..was that a fluke?
    Last edited by hotsizzle; 09-09-2006 at 05:29 AM.

Yes it was a fluke because they blew a 3-1 lead.
    I've been saying this all the time, some teams have improved, others haven't.

Gasol is probably out for half the season so that pretty much takes the Grizzlies out of playoff contention, a team that had a better record than the Lakers last year.

Clippers haven't done anything significant other than replacing Radman with Tim Thomas.

Kings will have a full season with Artest but lost Bonzi Wells who was the only reason they challenged the Spurs.

New Orleans added a shooter but still lack experience.

There's no guarantee that T-Mac will be his old self, back injuries don't just go away. They added Battier which is HUGE but are still one of the worst Teams in the league in the depth department.

Boozer and Kirilenko playing a whole season would make Utah contend for the NW division title, but again, how is this duo even close to Odom/Kobe?
    Their backcourt is among the worst in the NBA, decent at PG but don't have a true SG.

Saw a basketball once

Here's my top 10

1. San Antonio- Healthy Duncan makes a huge difference
    2 Miami- Defending Champs still the same squad.
    3. Dallas- Mavs still a major threat to get the rings
    4. Detroit- May take time early but Pistons will be there late
    5. Phoenix- Same squad with additions of Amare and Jumaine Jones
    6. LA Clippers- Not sure last season was fluke, did some serious playoff damage.
    7. Cleveland-Lebron has some stability with his teammates now.
    8. Orlando- Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson go into star mode this season and have some serious backup behind them with Darko,Arroyo, Redick and maybe even Grant Hill
    9.Chicago- Not convinced all the young talent the brought in will work, but cannot ignore how they look on paper with Ben Wallace.

10.Houston- Yao and T-mac healthy is always scary, but will it happen. Battier brings stability.

Also recieving consiteration: LA Lakers, Memphis Grizzlies, New Jersey Nets

Saw a basketball once TritonBisonBruin's Avatar

1. Miami
    2. Phoenix
    3. Dallas
    4. San Antonio
    5. Detroit
    6. LA Clippers
    7. Chicago
    8. Denver
    9. Cleveland
    10. LA Lakers

Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

new jersey have got to be top 10, theyve got a legit tittle shot this year with some good offseason additions and allways improving kristic

Learning to shoot layups TiMavericks21's Avatar

Wink NBA's TOP 10 TEAMS IN 2006-2007

1. Dallas -- Within 2 Win's (and some poor officiating) from being the Champions. They are unbelievably talented and with their offseason acquistions are even deeper than last year. They let Miami's physicality get the best of them(Haslem pushed Dirk around, thanks to the officials) and they let Miami's momentum get the best of them. However, they are the best team. Dirk is a legitimate star now. Jason Terry is following in his footsteps as a big time player who wants the ball in clutch situations. Josh Howard is Mr. Versatility with his slashing skills and his jump shot is coming along quite niciely. They're forming a new Big Three between them and are surrounded by talent on their deep bench. Diop and Damp do what they need. Stack is Mr. Pure Offense/Please Stop Taking Bad Shots. Devin Harris is shaping into a very nice player who plays big against good teams. The thing that will have this team back in the Finals is Avery. He's an excellent coach who learns from his mistakes and corrects them. Next time around, he'll be better prepared and Dallas will be celebrating at the end of the June.

2. San Antonio -- Just a smart team that plays together, moves the ball well and plays solid defense. Everyone knows their role. You know what you get from TP/Duncan/Manu trio, but contributions from Bowen, Finley, Horry, Barry, Oberto, Udrih really make them a great T-E-A-M. Losing Mohammed hurts. How good Elson/Butler perform at C is key for them.

3. Phoenix -- Run and gun, high octane offense. Team is characterized by great ball movement, deadeye shooters and a plethora of athletic, offensive players. Basically the old Dallas Mavericks, will outscore you but refuse to conform and play defense. Will do well if Amare's returns as good or better and doesnt let his injury become a distraction and disrupt team chemistry (see Webber in Sacramento). Nash is still great but aching, but Diaw and Barbosa are really blossoming. Still not as good Spurs and Mavs.

4. Miami -- The CHAMPS, but not this year. Give them their credit, Wade was Jordanesque in the Finals, but they rely on him way too much. Had it not been for Wade's out of body experience (and a terrible Game 5 call), they wouldn't be champions. But they won (I'm still a little bitter as you can tell).
    Coaches watched the Finals and noticed how reliant they are on one player. Come the playoffs, teams will be ready to swarm Wade and although they won't stop him, they'll make him utilize his teammates more and I don't think the supporting cast is good enough to come through twice. Walker, Williams, Payton are streaky and Shaq was mediocre for the NBA Finals. Heat aren't a "GREAT TEAM", teams will be ready for them. Notice the Mavericks offseason acquisitions (Buckner, George, Ager, Johnson -- all guys acquired for purpose of slowing down the only reason the Heat won, D-Wade).

5. Chicago -- Could go either way. They could establish themselves as a top tier team, or just stay in the land of mediocrity. The talent is there. They are loaded with young, talented and capable players who are only getting better and gaining valuable experience (Hinrich, Nocioni, Deng, Gordon, Duhon). They're rookies are solid, but probably won't have a major impact right away. Their big men will. Adding PJ Brown and Ben Wallace solidifies their frontcourt. Their rebounding and defensive prowess will only compliment their young offensive talent. Look out for this team, they are capable of de-throning the Champs in the East.

6. Detroit -- Those who think that losing Ben Wallace won't hurt are dead wrong. It will. But adding Mohammed was a good of a job replacing him as they could have done. Still lack a solid bench, but Rip and Chauncey are still as good of a backcourt as there is, and Tayshaun is establishing himself as a very-good(not GREAT) player who plays at both ends of the court. Rasheed is solid, but getting older and if he gets disgruntled look for problems with this team. But the East is still weak and they will do well.

7. Houston -- Health, health, health. If this team isn't plagued by injuries, they will be a very good team. Of course there is no guarantee that they will, but then again there is no guarantee for any team. A healthy T-Mac will be the star we know him to be, but adding Battier was huge for this team. You know what you'll get from Yao and Howard. I think their still lacking a solid true PG, but between Alston and Sura, they do have potential. Luther Head is also getting a lot better and will be a major contributor for this team.

8. LA Clippers -- This is a very good basketball team. The tools are there, but unfortunately they are not a GREAT basketball team. They'll do well during the regular season, but I don't consider them a threat to get out of the West. They're bringing back basically the same team. Adding Tim Thomas will not be as big of an addition as people think. This is not the Run and Gun offense that was geared for him in Phoenix. He'll probably return to the Tim Thomas of old in due time. Solid team, won't contend with Dallas/SA/Phx.

9. NJ -- I can't stand them. I have a difficult time watching them. They bore me. But they are a good team. Kidd/Carter/Jeff play extremely well together. Unfortunately, they don't have what it takes. I think that L-Frank's inexperience will continue to hurt them(never should have fired Scott). Kristic is really improving his game. They drafted good rookies but I don't how much their immediate impact will be felt. Same with their offseason acquisitions (House and Moore). They're so-so. The Nets could contend for the crown in the East, but would stand no chance against the best in the West.

10. Cleveland -- King James is insane. He makes other players around him better and does everything(and more) that the Cavs ask him to do. This team shows flashes of being a top team, but then at times they do the opposite. They have a very deep team and that will be extremely beneficial during the rigorous 82 game season and 2 month playoffs. If Larry Hughes returns to his Washington form, look out for this team in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Borderline teams: Sacramento, New Orleans, Memphis, Denver, LA Lakers

Saw a basketball once

Default Rockets underrated

1)MIAMI-only b/c they won the championship and kept all core unit
    2)ROCKETS-will explain below
    3)MAVS-lost daniels but added Austin croshere, another year of being together will get close again
    4)CHICAGO-added Ben, good draft, very young explosive quick team and east is weak
    5)SPURS-as long as Duncan,Manu, and Parker are with the team they will make playoffs
    6)SUNS-Amare coming back, 2 time MVP, lots of smart role players(i.e. Bell,Barbosa,Boris)
    7)DETROIT-Key loss in Ben, but still have Billups,Prince,Rip, enough for playoffs in Weak east
    8)CLEVELAND-Lebron, Lebron, Lebron!
    9)DENVER-Carmelo looked solid in FIBA games, will have MVP type year, have pieces to the puzzle but lack chemistry
    10)SACRAMENTO-started to play well at end of season, if Ron A. can just play ball and stop talking will surprise and could be top 5

Back to Houston....about 90% of posts said if yao and tmac are healthy, well if most star players aren't healthy for their team of course they aren't going to win that goes for all teams,i saw a post that said whoever has Houston top 5 was a moron as they haven't done anything since Steve F., Fyi. Steve led Houston to one playoff appearnce, Tmac did it in 1st season and Lost in 7 to Dallas...Rockets new players(Shane B., John Lucas,Kirk Snyder,Casey J.,V. Spannoulis,S.Novak,Sura coming back)---Battier is great defender and does all the dirty work, i don't know if you guys saw the FIBA games, but Vassilis S.(another Ginobli) is solid and will be big off bench, Tmac and Yao are All stars, Rafer is solid pg, backed up by V.Span and john lucas,Novak could play for R.O.Y award as he will play big role, will be in 8 man rotation and with his shot teams will either let him drain it or let tmac and yao play one on one..This team is no longer old, they are quicker, yao is smarter tougher, tmac is healthy, and have always been top 5 defensive team with Jeff at the helm, and shane will only help
    mark it!! Rockets Beat Heat in 6 games... yao is crowned best center in the league