Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: LeBron Faces Significantly Worse Opposition than Kobe/MJ In The Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    More 'kolas' too.
    New type of softdrink

Default Re: LeBron Faces Significantly Worse Opposition than Kobe/MJ In The Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    My girl's box dries up whenever we watch Steve Irwin on the Discovery Channel.
    In what possible scenario did you become aware of that?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    In what possible scenario did you become aware of that?
    Does that show still come on?

The lies

Why wouldn't you go if invited? Scared you'd get shown up?
    Probably. I'm not good enough to play any real minutes. Even if I do make the team? I sit on the bench, play no minutes and get paid maybe $15,000 a year while having to forfeit other prospects in my life for the time being, with no real hope of getting better, or any aspirations for it anymore.

And same reason I didn't take up offers to state league Aussie Rules football. I didn't want to.

EDIT: How about I organize a game with poido and he tells you how good I am? lol... Even after not having picked up a ball in 6 months.

Probably. I'm not good enough to play any real minutes. Even if I do make the team? I sit on the bench, play no minutes and get paid maybe $15,000 a year while having to forfeit other prospects in my life for the time being, with no real hope of getting better, or any aspirations for it anymore.

And same reason I didn't take up offers to state league Aussie Rules football. I didn't want to.

EDIT: How about I organize a game with poido and he tells you how good I am? lol... Even after not having picked up a ball in 6 months.
    Have you ever actually seen a dingo?

Oh dude, you do not want to organize a meet up with poido. Not unless you want to be on a special tag team episode of "catch a predator".

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Have you ever actually seen a dingo?
    Yep. While driving through the outback.

Have had kangaroo and deer at my house. But I live on a 3 acre property about 25km outside the city center.
    Almost ran over a koala.
    Have kookaburras all around the place I live. Seen a few brown snakes. Plenty of blue tongued lizards. My German Shepherd barked at one for literally 2 hours.

all i have to say for this thread now is..

Don't tell me, show me. It's 2013 ... film it with your smart phone. They don't have those in Australia?

Better yet, cross the pond and come play me. Not another aussie who can't ball like poido.

I find it hard to believe you received all these athletic offers and took none of them. The excuse being on the bench and it stalling the rest of your life.

What other prospects in your life besides posting on ISH, gaging the Miami Heat and downplaying athletes you never even saw, do you have that out weigh the life opportunity of telling your kids that for a year or two you played a professional sport?

If you have that much going on, are that ambitious, 2 or even 4 years is more than enough to sacrifice in the overall scheme of life to play a sport at that level. You've got the rest of your life to pursue something else. It's not like you're going to be making stacks directly out of college.

And I am assuming you're still in college, cause there is no way you're in your mid to even late 20s and getting offers to play in any sport's developmental leagues.

Even if it is Assie football, or NBDL basketball, if you got offers you'd be stupid not to take them. I think you're really bullshitting right now, and it's more than obvious.

Almost ran over a koala.
    On a serious note, are they that cute in real life?

I'd want one as a pet. Unless there is a vicious personality beneath that adorable exterior.

I'd want one as a pet. Unless there is a vicious personality beneath that adorable exterior.
    They are known to be aggressive. They won't bother you if you don't bother them though. I've heard people say they are the Gremlins of the wild.

Don't tell me, show me. It's 2013 ... film it with your smart phone. They don't have those in Australia?

Better yet, cross the pond and come play me. Not another aussie who can't ball like poido.

I find it hard to believe you received all these athletic offers and took none of them. The excuse being on the bench and it stalling the rest of your life.

What other prospects in your life besides posting on ISH, gaging the Miami Heat and downplaying athletes you never even saw, do you have that out weigh the life opportunity of telling your kids that for a year or two you played a professional sport?

If you have that much going on, are that ambitious, 2 or even 4 years is more than enough to sacrifice in the overall scheme of life to play a sport at that level. You've got the rest of your life to pursue something else. It's not like you're going to be making stacks directly out of college.

And I am assuming you're still in college, cause there is no way you're in your mid to even late 20s and getting offers to play in any sport's developmental leagues.

Even if it is Assie football, or NBDL basketball, if you got offers you'd be stupid not to take them. I think you're really bullshitting right now, and it's more than obvious.

I had a tiger. Not joking whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    They are known to be aggressive. They won't bother you if you don't bother them though. I've heard people say they are the Gremlins of the wild.

Those fangs ... damn. Like my pitbull.

Thanks for dropping knowledge on me, Bill Nye.

What do you want me to film? Me taking shots? How boring.

Playing in the NBL is no big feat. Well at least not with how things were going. 3 of my teammates all through basketball here play in it. All three sit on the bench and hardly play, if ever. I think one recently stopped playing, and is now back at uni trying to get his degree, while playing in the league below, ABA.

Just about to get started on a masters, and I do actually have it well set up to get a very decent paying job straight out of college. Lucky enough to have family set up everywhere in the field I'm in, in very lucrative positions themselves.

Just about to finish a double degree.

Nope, I'd get paid more at the labouring job I do now while at Uni then what I would if I did go the NBL route and not play at all. Just based on what the friends I had that actually made it told me. All of them did part time work outside of playing "pro basketball" here in Australia. Get the point?

The Aussie Rules stuff was when I was 14ish. A lot of the better basketballers get letters from the state leagues to join footy, even if they had never played, as their is no real funding for basketball here and that's where the money is in sport over here. Plus a lot of the skills translate from one sport to another. A lot of the guys who do make AFL actually played basketball when younger. One of the best players in the league today, Scott Pendlebury was actually in the junior Australian team with Patty Mills when he got drafted for the AFL. I didn't like playing AFL that much at the time, and wasn't interested.

They got some big ass claws man, and they move on the ground funny as shit.

Don't know enough about them. Pet? Nah. You rarely see them in the wild here. I'm talking about never.
    The only reason I saw one was because we were going through one of the worst droughts ever here, and apparently they had to come down from the trees because there wasn't enough water in the leaves, and they had to come find water. Some shit like that. Wasn't paying attention to the news report.

Those fangs ... damn. Like my pitbull.

Thanks for dropping knowledge on me, Bill Nye.
    Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill, Bill

I once saw a pride of lions eating a full grown giraffe when I was in Namibia. True story.