Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: "We will not be caught in no mans land" - Masai Ujiri

Waiting to see what he does after the 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Raptors drafted him and traded his rights for O'Neal is what I meant.

And no, I don't mean the money we wasted on middling players on the wrong end of their career like Nash and Hedo. And I don't mean wasting money on guys like Fields.

Guys like Durant, Melo, Westbrook, etc... those are the guys the Raptors need to make an actual attempt at signing those type of players. perennial All-NBA and all star level players, just like what the Lakers and Heat have done over the years.

Obviously, we've had history where we messed up in free agency too, but that's why I want the ownership and management to dictate that. I would hope we don't sign a guyslike Joe Johnson or Amare Stoudemire of for the max deals they got.

Also, I don't think Parker is a franchise player, that's still Duncan even if he is 38 years old. The Spurs go as far as Duncan holds the frontline. Parker's more of a product of the right system, but maybe he could put up big numbers on a bad team to seem that he's a franchise player ? Andrew Bynum would have been a franchise player IMO if he didn't have those knee injuries.
    When it came to that draft, wasn't it that Toronto chose for Indiana and Indiana chose for Toronto so that each team got the player they rightfully wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Low
    When it came to that draft, wasn't it that Toronto chose for Indiana and Indiana chose for Toronto so that each team got the player they rightfully wanted?
    Yes, but it still stands on record that Toronto drafted Hibbert. Just like how the Raptors drafted Antawn Jamison, but got traded right away.

Finally looks like we're tearing it down.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

I heard a trade idea earlier of lowry to Minnesota for shabazz and barea. I don't mind that if I am the raptors.

I feel the raps would give up Amir to the clippers for a first rounder. Clips would be amazing with Amir.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I heard a trade idea earlier of lowry to Minnesota for shabazz and barea.
    I'd take it. Although have Barea on the books for next year would kinda suck. But getting unproven young players like Shabazz is exactly the type of players you want to roll the dice on. If they work out, great. If they don't, no big deal.

The only problem is that with Casey desperately coaching to get wins and earn a job for next year, those types of players still wouldn't get any playing time. You'd have Landry Fields playing ahead of Muhammad.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I'd take it. Although have Barea on the books for next year would kinda suck. But getting unproven young players like Shabazz is exactly the type of players you want to roll the dice on. If they work out, great. If they don't, no big deal.

The only problem is that with Casey desperately coaching to get wins and earn a job for next year, those types of players still wouldn't get any playing time. You'd have Landry Fields playing ahead of Muhammad.
    The loss of Lowry alone would be a great thing for the Raptors tank, if they do in fact go that route.

Dunking on everybody in the park hassano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hassano

Keeping the Bench Warm RAPSCANWIN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hassano
    Tooo funnny.......