Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bucks/Warriors trade: Monta Ellis, Udoh, Kwame for Bogut, S-Jax

Now i get 3 teams to root for. The Warriors, the Knicks, and the Bucks. Ha ha ha. It's exciting basketball. I know the Bucks won't make out with Monta and Jennings, but it's going to be heck of fun to watch it, especially when they play the Dubs on Friday night ha ha.

If Bogut is healthy and that is an if, then this is the best trade the Warriors could have gotten. While Udoh is good, he is not the gem that Bogut is. For the first time in forever literally forever, the Warriors have a very good front court tandem. They won't be the worst rebounding team anymore and they will be much much better on defense. If Bogut is healthy, i just don't see how they could go wrong. Bogut aint as fun to watch as Monta, that is for sure. But the first time in ages, the Warriors aren't small. They will have a 6 foot 7 guard in Klay Thompson. I am so stoked to see this...

Guys i made this trade on my Xbox and the results were fascinating. I usually lose in Xbox, especially when i ball hog with monta, but this time Curry hit a 3 at the buzzard to win. I just think it's a sign. Yes, it's only a video game, but this team was just much different without Monta. And in a good way.

Serious playground baller xtn5021's Avatar

LMAO....

The Warriors are tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by xtn5021
    LMAO....

The Warriors are tanking.

read my above post.

Man you guys are all way too funny. Before Ellis was traded, people be saying that he is overrated, shoots too much, and too small. Now he's traded and everyone keeps saying Warriors traded one of the top scorers in the league!!!!!!

Banned

Bucks have a very gangsta backcourt.

Learning to shoot layups

I think only time will tell how this deal works out as a lot weighs on Bogut getting healthy.

If Bogut can get himself right and stay injury free, then the Warriors have come out massive winners.

I think not only have a lot of people forgot just how good Bogut can be when healthy, but playing in small market like Milwaukee, a lot of people have probably never had a great look at him either.

When healthy, he is arguably the best Defensive big man in the league. Not only is his man to man defense and shot blocking ability second to none, he draws a heap of charges as well.

Proving Curry can also stay healthy and they work out how to run a smooth offense, I think they can be a pretty decent team, maybe even better.

Of course, if neither curry nor bogut stay healthy, it could be a disaster.

I think people are writing off Bogut too quickly. This isn't some chronic issue that is constantly keeping him out for months, these are game accidents. The arm injury was a freak event, the foot injury can happen to anybody (especially a big). Does he have Dwight Howard's physical security? No but he's been freaky with his ability to stay healthy. Who knows, maybe the change of scenery will do him some good. Remember, Andrew Bynum was written off as injury prone, and he's been brilliant in this shorter intense season.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I watch almost every Warriors game, and Udoh was never going to pan out. He isn't a great man defender, help defender, or shot blocker, and he has no offensive skill set. I shouldn't call him a bust, but he won't be an all-star caliber PF/C in the NBA, ever.

If only we had just taken the obvious pick in Greg Monroe (he was top of EVERYONES draft board).
    Thank you

Funny to see people acting like ellis is some great loss. Dude is a shot jacker with poor selection and a really weak %. Not to mention the inflated stats due to the pace they play at. Not surprised to see StrowShow (king of the highlight reel only player) is a fan.

This is a weird trade. Guess the Bucks are all in for now while the Warriors got their big man theyve been coveting. Lots of injured players in this trade...very odd.

At the very least I will be watching Bucks games now.

Decent playground baller Sweens's Avatar

Personally love the trade for GSW

Bogut, once he gets healthy is a massive improvement over Biedrins or Udoh
    Bogut and Lee in the frontcourt, is a big improvement

Losing Ellis, sure he was a good scorer but he wasn't exactly efficient, and had some off nights, with Bogut and Lee in the front court, the team has a much more rounded offense, which means you don't need a guy to create his own shot every possession. To go with this Curry as a player works a lot better then Ellis would with a good Frontcourt.

As others have said, Bucks are pretty much going to have the same issues that GSW have had with the back court, except Jennings wants to shoot more then Curry, so you are going to be left with a battle in between Ellis and Jennings for the ball, in the end not going to work out well in my opinion.

Default Re: Bucks & Dubs trade: Ellis + Udoh + Kwame for Bogut + SJax

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    wow, terrible trade for the bucks. Ellis is hot garbage, brown is a serviceable if uninspiring big and udoh is a great unknown with pretty limited upside. For Bogut (top 3 defensive center, prob top 5 offensive center) and sJax (sure a cancer and chucker, but a very versatile player). I dont see ellis for bogut being close to even, and the other pieces dont sway that. Gotta think biedrins is done there.
    Pretty much everything in this post is totally wrong.

Banned

I like this trade more for GS to be honest. I've liked Klay Thompson all season and I think he'll be a solid starter pretty soon. If I'm them, I tank through this season, rest Curry and Bogut as much as possible, get another lottery pick and see from there. They've got a solid line up now when healthy.

Curry
    Thompson
    Wright
    Lee
    Bogut

That's definitely a playoff team when healthy.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

I don't know if Monta and Jennings can work out too good. They definitely have more offense now. Maybe with Monta they can completely knock the Knicks out the playoffs, especially considering the Knicks strech is the most difficult.

How many points rebounds and blocks does Bogut get you sitting behind the bench in street clothes most of the time?

How many points does an SJax temper tantrum get you?

Seriously...

This is an interesting trade for both teams. They essentially rolled the dice to see what happens. I personally think the Bucks got the better deal but if (and it is a HUGE if) Bogut can stay reasonably healthy this is a good trade for GS. Bogut is just hurt way too much...and SJax...talk about "hot garbage"...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    If I'm them, I tank through this season, rest Curry and Bogut as much as possible, get another lottery pick and see from there.
    Bogut's supposed to out til the middle of next month so I'd say they're definitely tanking it to the chagrin of the Jazz.