Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Default Kevin Garnett Admits To Cheating: The KG-Hate thread. Put it in here, please.

"NBA 2K9 features a new defensive skill where you can actually grab the jersey of your opponent to try and slow them down as they cut to the hoop. Would KG ever do something like that? "I do even better," he laughs then breaks down the tricks of his trade. "My tricks are all advanced. A lot of people don't have the arm length, strength, or quickness to pull my tricks off. One of the dirtiest but coldest tricks, I forearm the guy in the chest, rip the ball, then keep going with it. It's a foul, but it's a very, very technical and advanced move to pull off without getting the foul called. Other tricks are stepping on the guy's feet, holding his hand, then knowing when to let go at the right time so it's not a foul."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...ory?id=3591949

KG is dumb to talk about it.

Default Re: Kevin Garnett Admits To Cheating

doesn't matter that he talks about it. Ref's don't call that **** anyway when it comes to Boston. It's not like they don't know about it. Everyone knows.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

KG = Douche

Miami Thrice = Dynasty FlashDwyaneWade3's Avatar

The league should take his comments seriously and look into it.

NBA lottery pick

Dude even at the league i play in this kind of stuff happens. cheating in basketball or infact any sport is the norm these days.

He became so arrogant after winning his ring. I've lost all respect for him now. I'm even thinking about cheering for LeBron and the Cavs over Boston from now on.

College superstar

I hope he wore a condom.

He'd work well in Jerry Sloan's system.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    He'd work well in Jerry Sloan's system.

Garnett brings tenacious defense and the will to win. That works in any system with any coach.

Elton Brand and other power forwards always step on guys feet when they make their moves in the post. That's not a foul at all.

Honestly, if I was in the league and a step slower than my opposition then I'd do some things like that thing people used to do in high school when they would walk right behind somebody then kick their back leg into the back of their front leg to trip them up a little bit. It's not enough for them to fall or for a ref to notice it as a trip, it just looks like somebody slipped on a wet spot.

You can't hate on KG for this because everybody in the league does it. Shaq is the one who does the stepping on the foot thing the most, I've never seen anybody holding hands though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    You can't hate on KG for this because everybody in the league does it.

True, but KG is the only one arrogant enough to admit it and to find it funny.

I usually hit open layups

stepping on a players foot. awesome way to up your chances of rolling an ankle, karma will bite KG one of these days

players know about this, in turn the league and refs know about. its not a secret. the common folk know it, you think the refs and the league doesnt know it? sure they do. although KG maybe more advanced with the tricks, the refs will let alot of those little things go.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmonaut
    stepping on a players foot. awesome way to up your chances of rolling an ankle, karma will bite KG one of these days

If this was 15 years ago, an elbow from Karl Malone would be waiting for KG.

Garnett is just nasty. That's why the Celtics dominate. Look at the Bulls who had Rodman. Look at the Lakers who had Shaq. The Pistons had Sheed, and before that some pretty nasty guys.

These guys get in your face and annoy you. Back in the day if KG was hitting his chest, a guy like Maurice Lucas would punch him in the face. $50.00 fine and Garnett never does that again. Today it's a little bit harder to get that same message across. Today that would be a flagrant foul and a 50 game suspension.