Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Grizzlies are legit contenders in the west

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    I said it last year and I'll say it again this year; if the Grizz made the Finals, the Heat have no answers. They're just too big and too tough, yet still have quick, athletic players to keep up.
    They're the last team I want to face if I'm the Heat. Just a poor matchup, especially if Spo insists on playing Battier big minutes guarding Z-Bo, who will average 70 rebounds per game in a series against Battier

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Never said Grizzlies can't compete with them. Just saying the same way I want the Clippers to avoid Spurs and Lakers... the Grizzlies ideally want to avoid the Clippers. All about matchups.
    Maybe the only thing i'd agree with cf86 at this point. I dont want to see chris paul again in the playoffs. His p&r with blake playing center gave nightmares to marc gasol

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Would Clipper fans ideally want to face the Thunder ?
    Yes. The teams that consistently give the Clippers problems are the extremely disciplined and well coached teams. Lakers experience as a unit and basketball IQ as a roster seems to give us issues and the Spurs execution and coaching murders us normally. Doesn't mean Clippers can't beat them any given night just means I'd give those teams the matchup edge in a 7 game series.

Thunder are a team the Clippers have beaten the last 3 years, even before CP3. Harden, Westbrook and Durant have all been held well below their averages in that span (Durant played much much better last year vs Clips but Westbrook and Harden still got locked up).

Thunder's lack of ball movement the last few years and propensity to turn the ball over is bad to do against the Clippers because they can't capitalize on the Clippers biggest weakness which is 3 point defense. If you're not passing much or swinging the ball, you're much easier to guard. Clippers are one of maybe 3 teams who have the size, speed and athleticism to match up with OKC.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-12-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Obviously Grizzlies are contenders. They just gotta try to avoid the Clippers in the playoffs is all
    almost the exact thing i expected you to come in here and say. Please dont act like the clippers swept the grizz. Series could have gone either way and if not for one of the greatest come backs in nba history, you wouldnt have the series win to use as your crowning achievement when fluffing your team.

But yes, yall won the series and yes yall won a close season opener. But i would much rather play the clipps in the playoffs and get revenge as opposed to trying to avoid them

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Maybe the only thing i'd agree with cf86 at this point. I dont want to see chris paul again in the playoffs. His p&r with blake playing center gave nightmares to marc gasol
    Wait for DA to get back. Hes our best pick n roll defender. I want revenge damnit

I think the Grizzlies match up quite well with the Lakers as well.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

They are legit. Had Miami matched the Grizzlies energy and motivation, it wouldn't of been so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ncrizzle
    almost the exact thing i expected you to come in here and say. Please dont act like the clippers swept the grizz. Series could have gone either way and if not for one of the greatest come backs in nba history, you wouldnt have the series win to use as your crowning achievement when fluffing your team.

But yes, yall won the series and yes yall won a close season opener. But i would much rather play the clipps in the playoffs and get revenge as opposed to trying to avoid them
    You've also lost 6 of 7 to the Clippers in the regular season. I didn't say the games wouldn't be competitive or a series wouldn't be, calm down. I want the Grizzlies again too but only because I like the matchup and our chances to win the series, especially if healthier than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    They are legit. Had Miami matched the Grizzlies energy and motivation, it wouldn't of been so bad.
    Still would have lost, Grizzlies are a horrible matchup for the Heat, same thing happened last year.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Still would have lost, Grizzlies are a horrible matchup for the Heat, same thing happened last year.
    Never said they would win. I said it wouldn't of been as bad

Quote Originally Posted by ncrizzle
    Wait for DA to get back. Hes our best pick n roll defender. I want revenge damnit
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Would Clipper fans ideally want to face the Thunder ?
    Yes

Clippers match up great with the thunder.

If you type in "Clippers" on youtube the first two suggestions are "Clippers comeback" and "clippers comeback vs. grizzlies"

Impossible to say

Both miami losses were down to amazing 3 point shooting and lack of effort.

If you type in "Clippers" on youtube the first two suggestions are "Clippers comeback" and "clippers comeback vs. grizzlies"
    . Watch this too....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofYp8T8vOsc

Clippers drop 4 threes in 90 seconds vs OKC. Now replace Mo will the much more explosive scorer Crawford.