Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: What is the easiest Olympic sport?

Oh and my answer is thriatlon, if you're good at one discipline and decent at the others you have a good shoot to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Everyone here is jumping to the defense of every single sport mentioned saying "it takes years to perfect!". But the thread isn't "what is a simple sport?", it's "what is the EASIEST" olympic sport.

If you have a man with $1 billion, a man with $100 billion and a man with $500 billion and you said "who is the poorest out of all those men?", the answer is the man with $1 billion. That's not to say he's poor by everyday standards, but considering the alternatives, he's the poorest in regards to that question.

There has to be an answer. Yes, Fencing at an olympic level is difficult. But one of the sports has to be the LEAST difficult. Which is more difficult? Gymnastics or handball? I'm sorry, but the answer is handball, no matter how hard it is to be a pro at.

Nobody here aside from the OP and the ever confident Bruinlove, are saying they could dominate the sports mentioned. They're just saying that compared to the other sports, they're the easiest.
    Going by that logic? Soccer. I guess it's the world most practised sport.

^^^ one thing i will say about soccer as someone who never really watched it before these olympics....good LORD they flop a lot lol. One guy got shoved onto the grass as he was running and stayed on the ground for a good 3 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    ^^^ one thing i will say about soccer as someone who never really watched it before these olympics....good LORD they flop a lot lol. One guy got shoved onto the grass as he was running and stayed on the ground for a good 3 minutes
    It's kind of normal, it really depends on the countries
    I played for 2 years as a kid, but it's not for me .. i need to have the ball a lot of time. In 90 minutes of game if you play in some positions you barely touch the ball sometimes

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    It's kind of normal, it really depends on the countries
    I played for 2 years as a kid, but it's not for me .. i need to have the ball a lot of time. In 90 minutes of game if you play in some positions you barely touch the ball sometimes
    I used to play AYSO for Chatsworth, making the regional teams, from the age of 7-18 but make no mistake I was never good and still suck, everyone can do AYSO. But the point is our team was the worst in the region and we always went against teams full of giant mexican kids 2 years older than us lying about their ages who would not only kick our ass by 5 goals a game, but also throw all these really dirty shots and even just punch players on the field when the ref wasn't looking, so we had to fight back by being dirtier and doing the same.

I wish football was as violent and dirty as it used to be when I played AYSO but it's the opposite at a pro level.

throwing sneaky elbows without getting caught and stomping players feet was the only thing me and my team was any good at.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

the skill level for any of these sports never really maxes out...you could spend a life time of hard work trying to perfect any of them

Flea
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    I don't read Bill Simmons but I bet that article does nothing but state the same thing every other American who watches handball can see. Gonna google that shit.

Please tell me what is so crazy about this sport. It is a normal baseball throw. The goal is gigantic, the defenders hardly do anything, they just pass around the perimeter til someone decides to jump into the defense-you don't need any speed or quickness to succeed-why is it so hard?
    This sport is the second most violent sport in the world, after Rugby... Hockey and American football are around there, but these players are covered with armory, so you cant get hurt so fast...

Local High School Star

Handball

Team sport for retards that requires hardly any skill

Also horse dressage seems pretty weak. They just go into a square and trot around slowly, then tip their hat and get scored by judges. Lame.
    Handball requires no skill?
    Have you even played it? Guess not.

This is like saying football is easy.

Local High School Star

That's because in America, no one who is a good athlete would degrade themselves enough to decide to specialize in this garbage dumpster level sport.
    Americans who like American football, baseball can't tell my that handball is crap.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NauruDude
    Americans who like American football, baseball can't tell my that handball is crap.
    Ill tell you right now. handball is trash

Flea
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by kobron23
    Ill tell you right now. handball is trash
    This is just subjective opinion. People are different and have different taste, so you cant say something like that... it is just meaningless.

handball is a very rough game....much more then basketball........very rugged

Banned

It's definitely not Basketball, if you're from Nigeria.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Flea
    This is just subjective opinion. People are different and have different taste, so you cant say something like that... it is just meaningless.
    its not meaningless to me. it may be a "rough" game but that doesnt change how easy it is

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by kobron23
    its not meaningless to me. it may be a "rough" game but that doesnt change how easy it is
    Have you even played it, or are you watching it for the first time this Olympics. Seems as you are.