Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Blake Griffin Won't Be The #1 Pick In The 2009 NBA Draft

Well that ends it.

He'll still be #1 in 2010 unless there is an elite C prospect who emerges and dominates college basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I've only started hearing his name ring like 2 months ago unlike a Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo where I heard about them for a longer period of time and was able to actually watch games and not just highlight reels that alot of talented high school going to big div 1 schools have.

So whats your take on him? How does he compare to say a Derrick Rose in HS and could he duplicate or better Rose as a rookie (if he were to go to school and bounce)? What I've read up on him is he relies far too much on his athletic ability to get him by (so did Rose) but while he makes the crowd pleasing dish what isnt shown or spoken of is the horrible decision making he displays. He tries moves, passes that have little to no chance of being executed.

Other than that? Eh. I've seen some high school games this year but he didnt feature in any. So I guess the only time I'll see him actually play a full game is if a video is online or he goes to college.
    fail. john wall was projected to be no.1 pick in 2010 before the 2008 draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    fail. john wall was projected to be no.1 pick in 2010 before the 2008 draft.
    Whats your point? Oh the fact that you failed because I answered a poster who asked for an honest response and I gave him one?

Memo to moron: This is how you use fail dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by NOHCP3
    If the rule says that he has to be at least one year after graduation why would he have a case.

Edit: Didnt know about the mother being sick. Small chance they make an exception. But the fact hes 19 may not change anything really.
    In that quote there it says something about the class he was supposed to graduate with graduating. Maybe he can try and use that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
    In that quote there it says something about the class he was supposed to graduate with graduating. Maybe he can try and use that.
    He might.

How many times have we seen a player say they were going to college, then 1 week to 2 weeks later they declare for the NBA Draft.

Nothing is official with Wall until after the early entry date for the 2009 NBA Draft.

He cant declare for the 2009 draft. He's not eligible.

Banned

He cant declare for the 2009 draft. He's not eligible.
    He is eligible, he belongs in the 2008 class but he is spending an extra year at WOGCA which if he takes it to court does count as a prep school/extra year of HS.

No hes not. He needs to be 1 calender year (NBA season) removed and he's not. He comes up short. That is where he could attempt to argue but fail. Thats even if he attempts to argue/declare.

See you in 2010 John Wall.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

2009 it is.

Learning to shoot layups AyoForYayo's Avatar

That Dude Is An Absolute Monster.

Banned

No hes not. He needs to be 1 calender year (NBA season) removed and he's not. He comes up short. That is where he could attempt to argue but fail. Thats even if he attempts to argue/declare.

See you in 2010 John Wall.
    The player (A) is or will be at least 19 years of age during the calendar year in which the Draft is held, and (B) with respect to a player who is not an international player (defined below), at least one (1) NBA Season has elapsed since the player’s graduation from high school (or, if the player did not graduate from high school, since the graduation of the class with which the player would have graduated had he graduated from high school)
    Your argument fails right there, Wall is eligible for the 2009 NBA Draft.

I guess some people missed my quote from Wall on the previous page?

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Your argument fails right there, Wall is eligible for the 2009 NBA Draft.
    And your topic fails...

Wall also refuted speculation that he might test the NBA collective bargaining agreement and enter the 2009 draft as a 19-year-old fifth-year high school student.

"No, not at all," Wall said when asked if he were considering entering this year's draft. "I'm going to school for one or two years and trying to win a national championship. I promised my mom I'd go to college and that if I left early I'd come back and graduate."

I think he has to have graduated from high school too and he hasn't received his diploma yet and probably won't in time to enter.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Well that ends it.

He'll still be #1 in 2010 unless there is an elite C prospect who emerges and dominates college basketball.
    You mean B.J. Mullens?? Remember when he was the #1 prospect for the 2009 draft

Or perhaps Kosta Koufous?? Remember when he was the #1 prospect for the 2008 draft

The real question regarding Wall, that is if he doesn't declare for the draft, is where is he gonna play next year??

He had his eye on the University of Oregon last year, so hopefully he'll revisit that option