Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Rubioooo

Local High School Star Harrison_Barnes's Avatar

Default Re: Ricky Rubioooo

Hope he busts.. don't understand the hype around him.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    the kidd comparisons are ridiculous. right away we all knew kidd was gonna be a superstar from his first season in. he had elite speed, elite handles, elite vision and elite rebounding for a PG. had an incredible knack for starting a fastbreak from his own rebound. sure he had a shaky J but it never made us doubt he was a legit NBA star.

rubio has nothing elite about his game at all.

Yawn. You actually typed something out this time? Usally isn't it just " Rubio Sucks" Then you leave the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison_Barnes
    Hope he busts.. don't understand the hype around him.
    I never understood that, why would you hope a player is a bust?

There's certain players I believe were gonna be bust like Hasheem Thabeet, Demarcus Cousins and Johnny Flynn but I never "hoped" that they'd be bust.

I don't see why people can want someone to fail so badly.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

rubio will be the shit in the nba. no hand checks in this league which will free him up.

I usually hit open layups gutshot's Avatar

Hey I watched this guy a lot. Even live in the arena! Yes, he can do certain things pretty well but overall, he is a second round draft pick nothing more!!

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    the kidd comparisons are ridiculous. right away we all knew kidd was gonna be a superstar from his first season in. he had elite speed, elite handles, elite vision and elite rebounding for a PG. had an incredible knack for starting a fastbreak from his own rebound. sure he had a shaky J but it never made us doubt he was a legit NBA star.

rubio has nothing elite about his game at all.
    Shooting comparisons arent ridiculous.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will

There's certain players I believe were gonna be bust like Hasheem Thabeet, Demarcus Cousins and Johnny Flynn but I never "hoped" that they'd be bust.

Yeah I don't get it. The consensus seems to be that people don't like him because when he was young the American media hyped him up too much.

In the league now there aren't too many PG's who play like him, that's why im going to be rooting for him. He is a pass first PG which is exactly what I want to see back in the game. I don't like watching Rose, Westbrook etc (not saying there not good but I like pass first pg's better) instead I like pg's like Kidd who set up an offence properly.

Quote Originally Posted by SunsCaptain
    It also says his comparison is Steve Nash too...But selective reading can be fun...

Personally I think Jason Kidd is a good comparison.
    That's his high end. You know, if he actually develops a shot.

Sometimes using your brain is just as fun.

^
    The guy who won spanish defensive player of the year...
    Congratulations... who else has won the prestiguos SDPOY award that is worth mentioning?

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    Rondo all world defender?...you kidding me right?...Rondo is an exception because of what he is surrounded by and also his ability to jet past virtually everyone. Rubio most certainly won't be jetting past everyone
    Are you actually retarded?

Please cease breathing.

Well I do think he's going to bust.. but the reason I hope he does is to shut up all the people that are hyping him. Once the ink hit the contract, he became a millionaire.. so theres no real reason I should wish him to do well.. if you know what I mean? Its not like i'm hoping he breaks his leg or something.

Well I do think he's going to bust.. but the reason I hope he does is to shut up all the people that are hyping him. Once the ink hit the contract, he became a millionaire.. so theres no real reason I should wish him to do well.. if you know what I mean? Its not like i'm hoping he breaks his leg or something.
    So... even if he is a nice guy that works hard and is a good team mate, you hope he busts because other people, out of his control, hype him?

Cool.

I hope he does well to prove haters like you wrong.

But that's the thing. There's far more people claiming he's going to fail than hyping him up so I don't see how that's a good reason to hope he's a bust

Nobody wants to see him fail.

I just want everyone to shut the **** up about how good he's going to be when he can't even shoot at the NBA level.

But that's the thing. There's far more people claiming he's going to fail than hyping him up so I don't see how that's a good reason to hope he's a bust
    People might not be hyping him up as much now, but they definitely did before. If he plays well, good for him. I just don't think he's going to be good, and I hope he proves me right.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Nobody wants to see him fail.

I just want everyone to shut the **** up about how good he's going to be when he can't even shoot at the NBA level.
    If you actually belive the bolded then you're delusional.

And I just want everyone to shut the **** up about how good Kyrie is gonna be when he's clearly not as talented as he's hyped up to be ( The next Isiah Thomas/Chris Paul)or nba ready imo. Either way that doesn't give me the right to try and claim everyone who think he's gonna be great at the nba level is wrong especilly considering he hasn't stepped foot on an nba court.

Get over it you're not gonna think every rookie is gonna be succesful. Some times you're gonna be right and sometimes you're gonna be wrong but either way you never know until the season starts.

And no matter the player as long as they're a top 5 pick you're gonna have tons of people hyping him up don't act like it's something exclusive to Rubio.

If you actually belive the bolded then you're delusional.
    Well I don't. So let's just get that out in the open.

And I just want everyone to shut the **** up about how good Kyrie is gonna be when he's clearly not as talented as he's hyped up to be ( The next Isiah Thomas/Chris Paul)or nba ready imo.
    I don't think Irving is going to be any good either.

Either way that doesn't give me the right to try and claim everyone who think he's gonna be great at the nba level is wrong especilly considering he hasn't stepped foot on an nba court.
    You don't think you're entitled to your own opinion?

Get over it you're not gonna think every rookie is gonna be succesful. Some times you're gonna be right and sometimes you're gonna be wrong but either way you never know until the season starts
    Basically.