Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Man slashes 22 children near China school

The problem isn't the instruments used to kill, those will be available no matter what. The problem is the people that commit these crimes...and I don't know what the answer is to that. We need God

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    Mexico has completely banned guns for civilians. They have a higher gun murder rate than the US. Your point is null.
    That's pretty much the only country, and you should know why. Their culture, the drug cartel, poverty, and all that. Their government do not really, or actually, cannot enforce those rules.

Way to compare with the other modern countries I am bringing up with to compare with the U.S. Bringing up Mexico as a point, seriously? That just showed me you basically have nothing left to argue. Moot.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

ridiculous how many people ignore that the more powerful the weapon the easier it is for maniacs to kill a large number of people......

you people bringing up knife attacks are not stupid you just choose to ignore the obvious over politics which is ridiculous.

a guy with the knife and the guy with access to a rocket launcher can both kill people yes..... the guy with the more powerful and longer distance weapon can kill people more easily.

therefore I would rather the maniac have access to knives than rocket launchers.

this is not a difficult concept to grasp

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Guys, look at the statistics! Except when they don't support my argument. Then they don't matter.

lmao. you're grasping right now.

Help me a bit here.
    Let's take a look at massacre's in these countries:

France
    Japan
    China
    Spain
    Korea
    Australia
    Canada

Countries with comparable economics and development, not comparing a rural poverty country filled with drug cartels and mafia. Is it not obvious enough, if you don't have easy access to guns, a crazy person can't simply go grab it off the shelf and shoot over 30 people?

Are you really happier knowing that tomorrow on your way to work, some kid can steal a gun from his uncle's car and shoot you?

Decent college freshman

lmao. you're grasping right now.

Help me a bit here.
    Let's take a look at massacre's in these countries:

France
    Japan
    China
    Spain
    Korea
    Australia
    Canada

Countries with comparable economics and development, not comparing a rural poverty country filled with drug cartels and mafia. Is it not obvious enough, if you don't have easy access to guns, a crazy person can't simply go grab it off the shelf and shoot over 30 people?

Are you really happier knowing that tomorrow on your way to work, some kid can steal a gun from his uncle's car and shoot you?
    Mass shootings account for less than 1% of gun murders in the US. Gang related shootings account for more than 80%.

Assuming you aren't in a gang, when you leave the house it is 15000% more likely you will be killed by a drunk driver than a mass shooter.

You are making these statements based on your emotions, not logic.

http://www.nij.gov/topics/crime/gun-...ce/welcome.htm

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Mexico has completely banned guns for civilians. They have a higher gun murder rate than the US. Your point is null.
    smfh at you. Where are 90% of the confiscated guns from? Legally purchased in the US. It helps that they have an incredibly porous border with a country whose policies push the violence into mexico.

I rule the local playground Turkododo's Avatar

i know the weapon used was a knife and no one was killed, but you don't f with the Chinese government. this mf'er is going on the electric chair in no time. heck you get your fingers cut for stealing in China.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    smfh at you. Where are 90% of the confiscated guns from? Legally purchased in the US. It helps that they have an incredibly porous border with a country whose policies push the violence into mexico.
    So wait...you're telling me that it isn't hard for criminals to get guns if they want them? And that even banning gun ownership outright doesn't work?

ISH liberals never cease to amaze me

Mass shootings account for less than 1% of gun murders in the US. Gang related shootings account for more than 80%.

Assuming you aren't in a gang, when you leave the house it is 15000% more likely you will be killed by a drunk driver than a mass shooter.

the % isnt the issue. More poeple were killed by smoking on 9/11 than died at all three sites. So what?

Doesn't that help my argument even more? Gun laws in the U.S. makes is easy EVEN for gang shootings. Not only does it not stop crazy people from getting guns, it also makes these gang related shootings easy. Why do they have to go through the trouble of black market

http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/1...-buy-guns.html
    Where did these kids in the gangs buy their guns from? Oh wait.. they bought it LEGALLY.
    But the truth is most guns recovered in crimes here were originally bought in Illinois.

More specifically, in Cook County.

And the No. 1 supplier of those weapons is just a short drive from Chicago, Chuck’s Gun Store in south suburban Riverdale.

From 2008 to March 2012, the police successfully traced the ownership of 1,375 guns recovered in crimes in Chicago within a year of their purchase.

Of those guns, 268 were bought at Chuck’s — nearly one in five.
    "Prior to May 1999, a single gun store sold more than half of the guns recovered from criminals in Milwaukee, WI, shortly following retail sale."
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2438583/

And back to the issue just now, you know what, you say I'm not accepting statistics when it doesn't suit me? Fine, I'll take Mexico. I'll take the one outlier statistic Mexico, and not take into considerable its gang/crime/drug cartels.

Countries that have banned guns and still have a high rate of death:
    Mexico

Countries that have banned guns and do not have constant massacre or high rate of death:
    Pretty much the rest of the world. I can pull more than 50 countries in here.

Do you really think the statistics are in your favor? Pro-gun advocates always point to Sweden and Mexico for their case. Well guess what, that's 2 country out of the 100 in the world we have. Countless other countries around the world ban guns, and do not have to deal with mass killing on a daily basis.

For them, it happens once every few years, and impacts the society deeply. Here in the U.S.? Oh, another gun killing. We've already forgotten the 2, or 3 mass killing cases that happened last month.

Decent college freshman

Doesn't that help my argument even more? Gun laws in the U.S. makes is easy EVEN for gang shootings. Not only does it not stop crazy people from getting guns, it also makes these gang related shootings easy. Why do they have to go through the trouble of black market

http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/1...-buy-guns.html
    Where did these kids in the gangs buy their guns from? Oh wait.. they bought it LEGALLY.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2438583/

And back to the issue just now, you know what, you say I'm not accepting statistics when it doesn't suit me? Fine, I'll take Mexico. I'll take the one outlier statistic Mexico, and not take into considerable its gang/crime/drug cartels.

Countries that have banned guns and still have a high rate of death:
    Mexico

Countries that have banned guns and do not have constant massacre or high rate of death:
    Pretty much the rest of the world. I can pull more than 50 countries in here.

Do you really think the statistics are in your favor? Pro-gun advocates always point to Sweden and Mexico for their case. Well guess what, that's 2 country out of the 100 in the world we have. Countless other countries around the world ban guns, and do not have to deal with mass killing on a daily basis.

For them, it happens once every few years, and impacts the society deeply. Here in the U.S.? Oh, another gun killing. We've already forgotten the 2, or 3 mass killing cases that happened last month.
    The rest of these awesome countries you love so much aren't the size of the US, they don't have the same poverty level as the US, they don't have the same wealth disparity as the US. Your average European country is the same size/population as fcking Ohio.

You do realize the US has higher crime rates for all crimes, not just gun murder right?

If the other crime rates were relatively equal but America had a massive disparity in gun violence then your statistics might be relevant. But that isn't the case. We have more of EVERY TYPE of crime.

There isn't a country in the world you can compare the US too in terms of racial homogenity, wealthy disparity, poverty etc.

"The shooter broke the law by transporting the guns.
    He broke the law by carrying the guns.
    He broke the law by bringing them into a school.
    He broke the law by firing a weapon within city limits
    He broke the law by committing murder, attempted murder, causing bodily injury, assault....
    If he didn't legally own the gun then he broke the law by stealing it and another law by possessing stolen property."

Last edited by kNicKz; 12-15-2012 at 02:01 PM.

So wait...you're telling me that it isn't hard for criminals to get guns if they want them? And that even banning gun ownership outright doesn't work?

ISH liberals never cease to amaze me
    With a porous border with the most massively armed country in the world and a criminal element turned into billionaires by demand in that country for drugs? How about you look at canada instead. Oh wait, it doesnt support your weak argument, so you ignore it.

Go look at the gun-associated crime rates in countries with stronger gun laws. come back with some actual facts, instead of picking and choosing anecdotes. Using mexico as an example is an embarrassment, particularly since the violence there is driven by policy in our own country. You should be better than that.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    With a porous border with the most massively armed country in the world and a criminal element turned into billionaires by demand in that country for drugs? How about you look at canada instead. Oh wait, it doesnt support your weak argument, so you ignore it.

Go look at the gun-associated crime rates in countries with stronger gun laws. come back with some actual facts, instead of picking and choosing anecdotes. Using mexico as an example is an embarrassment, particularly since the violence there is driven by policy in our own country. You should be better than that.
    So countries that ban guns have less gun crimes? Big fcking shocker. What you fail to realize is that criminals are going to commit crimes regardless if they have guns or not. Banning guns has not had a significant effect on TOTAL crime rate.

The rate of knife violence in the UK is more than twice as high as it is in the US. Should the UK ban knives? Does it matter if a person is shot to death or stabbed to death? Is the stabbed person any more dead than the shot person?

http://sob.apotheon.org/?p=1323

^^ sources for stats linked at the bottom of that blog