Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Re: Who should Pistons draft in 2013 NBA Draft?

The Detroit Pistons today released a list of some of the players who have worked out for the team in advance of the June 27 NBA Draft, including some familiar names locally. Korie Lucious, the former Michigan State guard who later transferred to Iowa State, was one of 16 players on the list, as were Detroit native and Iowa State teammate Will Clyburn.

- Booth Newspapers
    Last edited by insidehoops; 06-08-2013 at 05:22 AM.

NBA lottery pick

I tried to view the link but it wouldn't let me.

Ellis just opted out, I am so scared of our cap space.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Kombo
    Ellis just opted out, I am so scared of our cap space.
    That makes two of us. The first thing I thought of when he opted out is how much Joe D wants a scorer in the back court...... You can't pair him & Brandon Knight together.

NBA lottery pick

Shane Larkin seems like a longshot for where the Pistons are drafting. Although maybe they think that even though he's projected in the mid-first round he could fall to them in the 2nd??? I wouldn't be happy at all if they drafted him 8th lol. Or it could be they might be moving up a bit in the draft. Anyway around it I think he's going to be a bench guy in the NBA.

Decent college freshman

Larkin equals Bynum.

KCP I'd be cool with.

I still badly want Franklin, hope we acquire another pick.

NBA lottery pick

I'd actually prefer Bynum over Larkin as long as we're talking for the next couple of years. I still prefer Glen Rice Jr. to Franklin. I think Rice Jr. is going to be a steal. He's going to be a guy who can score right away for a team. If Cleveland really does take Len #1 that could shake things up. Someone like Trey Burke could potentially slide to us. It's a long shot but crazy things have happened in the draft before. I still like Shabazz Muhammad. I don't see why his stock is falling so much. The guy had a pretty good college season. He led his team in scoring and the won their division. He's going to be able to score at the next level. He's not the superstar that people thought he would be but he'll be a starter. He needs to learn how to use his off hand more, but so do a lot of college guys. If we don't get that player that falls to us, then I still like taking a gamble on him. At the begining of the season we all were talking about how if we could get a top 3 pick and having a chance at him how things could potentially turn around. Although the last couple of years the #1 high school recruit hasn't turned out as good as the #2, lol (BJ Mullens, Josh Selby, Austin Rivers, people could even throw Beasley in there...).

NBA lottery pick

They talked about drafting Ryan Kelly with our last pick in the preview they've been doing on the Pistons website. I like the idea of having a cheaper Charlie V type player with that pick. Although I still like packaging those two picks and moving up better. There has to be a team that's over the cap that wants our two 2nd round picks for their late 1st rounder.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I'd actually prefer Bynum over Larkin as long as we're talking for the next couple of years. I still prefer Glen Rice Jr. to Franklin. I think Rice Jr. is going to be a steal. He's going to be a guy who can score right away for a team. If Cleveland really does take Len #1 that could shake things up. Someone like Trey Burke could potentially slide to us. It's a long shot but crazy things have happened in the draft before. I still like Shabazz Muhammad. I don't see why his stock is falling so much. The guy had a pretty good college season. He led his team in scoring and the won their division. He's going to be able to score at the next level. He's not the superstar that people thought he would be but he'll be a starter. He needs to learn how to use his off hand more, but so do a lot of college guys. If we don't get that player that falls to us, then I still like taking a gamble on him. At the begining of the season we all were talking about how if we could get a top 3 pick and having a chance at him how things could potentially turn around. Although the last couple of years the #1 high school recruit hasn't turned out as good as the #2, lol (BJ Mullens, Josh Selby, Austin Rivers, people could even throw Beasley in there...).
    Shabazz can score, but it might be more like Nick Young scoring. He's among the lowest or the lowest in the SF crop as far as assists,blocks,steals and boards. He also turns it over more than he assists. He does score a lot(highest usage rate though) and gets to the line, which I like. He's a worker too.

I like Rice, so I don't have a huge quibble with that, but I definitely like Franklin better. His length and athleticism are something we really need, as well as his aggressiveness attacking the paint. Wouldn't mind Rice's shooting either.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    They talked about drafting Ryan Kelly with our last pick in the preview they've been doing on the Pistons website. I like the idea of having a cheaper Charlie V type player with that pick. Although I still like packaging those two picks and moving up better. There has to be a team that's over the cap that wants our two 2nd round picks for their late 1st rounder.
    I probably wouldn't package them to move up. I'd rather gamble on 2 guys. The difference between 25 and 45 is small this year. Get a Muscala or Mccallum/Green at 38 and maybe an international guy to stash at 56.

Burke will still be on the board but shouldn't be the pick. If you aren't picking one of the bigs 6-10 you should trade it to someone who will

Villenueva, Jerebko, stuckey, pick 8

For

Shumpert, amare

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Burke will still be on the board but shouldn't be the pick. If you aren't picking one of the bigs 6-10 you should trade it to someone who will

Villenueva, Jerebko, stuckey, pick 8

For

Shumpert, amare
    That's crazy. Nobody wants Amare's contract. Plus we already have Monroe and Drummond. I'd rather see them play. I don't mind Shumpert, but he's not the scorer that we need to help the team out.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    I probably wouldn't package them to move up. I'd rather gamble on 2 guys. The difference between 25 and 45 is small this year. Get a Muscala or Mccallum/Green at 38 and maybe an international guy to stash at 56.
    The more I think about it the more I think it's wrong to keep them both. Everybody gets enamored with our 2nd rounders and a few years later they're typically lucky to still be in the NBA. Here's who we've drafted over the last few years in the 2nd round:

Khris Middleton
    Kim English
    Kyle Singler
    Vernon Macklin
    DuJuan Summers
    Jonas Jerebko
    Deron Washington
    Sammy Meija
    Will Blalock
    Amir Johnson
    Alex Acker
    Ricky Paulding

Out of all those players the only ones that are in a rotation anywhere are Singler and Johnson. Neither of which are special players by any stretch of the imagination. I like Jerebko but he wasn't in our rotation for the most part. So there's about 2 1/2 players on that list. 2nd rounders are way overrated. Package those picks and get us someone we can potentially use.

Decent college freshman

Here's the thing,they're cheap gambles. They cost you almost nothing. Also, you aren't likely to move up much, if at all, for 37 and 56.

We've found some good talent in the 2nd. Jerebko clashed with Frank it seems, but he's a 4 or 5 win player on average. Middleton showed promise and Singler seems like he could be part of an NBA rotation. Johnson is a pretty solid big man in this league and we also picked up Okur and even Rebraca in the 2nd.

Not to mention other teams have found guys from Ginobili to Boozer in the 2nd. Plus you can usually find a Euro to stash for a while and you have the D league now, so you can get them more playing time and wait to make decisions.

If anything, I'd want to use 56 and cash to move up, using two higher 2nd roudners. I'd LOVE to get Wolters and Roberson/Muscala

Decent college freshman

The Amare trade posed above actually wouldn't be that horrible, without the 8 pick included of course. That part is ridiculous.

Here's the thing, he did play well and would add a different element. We'd murder other teams up front and Shumpert would be a nice fit in our backcourt, where we need some size, athleticism and defense.

It could be a total bust of a move, but there's a couple other factors. One, we have to spend 90% of the cap and two, he comes off the books in 2 years, right when a Monroe extension would start. So if we didn't really have anyone to spend our cap space on short term, taking a gamble on him wouldn't hurt us a ton. He'd be an interesting expiring contract after next season as well, especially if he ended up playing well.