Page 9 of 153 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959109 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Rose to Memphis...Get our hopes up and leave us again...

Decent playground baller ThaKing's Avatar

I never said Singler was ours to lose, he has always been a Duke lean but Self has worked miracles before and I won't put anyone past him.

Rose to Memphis, Via press conference today. Sorry illini

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I figurted we were out of the running last week and knew it was going to be Memphis. I'm glad it's Memphis and not Indiana.

Bump.

I went to the Illini game today. Had a great time. Jamar looked amazing out there before he sprained his ankle. Hopefully he's ok. Go Illini!

sprained ankle...doesn't that take like a month to heal..

Savannah St. next..Go Illini!

Bruce Weber has apparently locked up one of the top players of the class of 2010...but after the whole Eric Gordon thing I wouldn't trust it.
    http://illinois.scout.com/2/593827.html

yall Illini fans are reppin hard on ISH

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

I had no reaction other than laughter to the news that this 2010 kid who I've never heard of committed to us.

I mean, I trust Weber's judgment in talent and all, but who knows if this kid even legitimately has an offer? We all know that recruitment of blue-chip players starts that early, but if he actually has a legit offer to commit to is another story.

But hey, if it's legit, and if the kid continues to develop, then great. Because Demetri McCamey's little brother is supposedly the only freshman in the state better than this kid, then hey! The 2010 class is looking terrific!

*Continues to laugh*

Just absurd.

yall Illini fans are reppin hard on ISH
    Regardless of how one feels about Illinois, there's no denying it's one of the largest fanbases in college basketball right now. It's a very large public university, for one thing; even if we don't completely control attention in these cities in terms of collegiate fandom, we've got a ton of fans in Chicago, St. Louis and Indianapolis; and after the 04-05 team, there's a whole lotta bandwagon fans.

So in terms of number of fans, Illinois is right up there with all but a few schools in recent years.
    Last edited by TheGame414; 11-24-2006 at 06:26 AM.

illinois is the best!

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

I've done a little reading on this Richmond kid that committed to us, and it sounds like he's a stud; every recruiting service I've read has him as the No. 1 or 2 player in the Illinois freshman class, along with DeAndre McCamey.

What I like is that he's a 6'5" swingman with size 19 feet; all of his brothers are 6'6" or taller and he's supposedly going to grow to 6'9" or so.

I don't love the fact that he's playing at a small high school. His dad said he did it because "basketball is basketball" and that'll take care of itself, and he wanted to focus on academics.

His dad also said, "There's no question about it. We are a very committed family. We don't waver. Once we put it out there, we do what we say we're going to do." So I wouldn't count on a repeat of the IDKWTI ("I don't know who that is" is Gordon's new nickname; that was Deron Williams' only statement about Gordon when asked about his decommittment) saga.

He had 34 points, 21 boards and 7 blocks in his first high school game, albeit against crappy competition. Here's hoping that, like Rose and Gordon, he's a freshman sensation who continues to improve and remain among the national elite in his class.

Good news, his dad sounds like he's serious about the commitment. I don't know how serious he will be after sampson hires him and his friends for IU basketball program! Kidding..but right now we are losing by 10 to miami of ohio. Wouldn't be surprised if we lost with the amount of upsets happening early this season. Wisconson lost to Missouri St. so anythign can happen.

So I wouldn't count on a repeat of the IDKWTI ("I don't know who that is" is Gordon's new nickname; that was Deron Williams' only statement about Gordon when asked about his decommittment) saga.
    Props for Deron standing up for us. Look at Deron's MVP numbers and any gaurd saying they don't want to become that is just a fool.

We won a close one against Bradley. 75-71, we were down most of the game but came back in the 2nd half. Next up: Maryland. Our toughest game yet. Challenging but winnable. I say Illinois by 5..Go Illini!

Chester Fraizer is the clutchest player EVER. God damn kid is tough. I love how much energy Jamar Smith plays with. He's always trying to ignite the crowd and he likes the big shot.

Shaun Pruitt played like a man and Warren Carter impressed me, when previously I thought he was a scrub. Hopefully Rich finds his stroke back.