Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

Default Re: Which team can my Raptors trick into trading for Rudy Gay?

Rudy isn't a terrible player it's just that he is in that frustrating middle ground between being a superstar and just a good player. And that sort of player teases you with potential and earns big bucks.. but doesn't deliver. But he has too much ego and confidence to settle for being a role player. So he acts like a star player, but isn't one. And there is no reason why he couldn't be.. he can shoot, he is athletic.. he could be one, it's just that he isn't.

the knicks.
    after they lose melo

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieG
    Rudy isn't a terrible player it's just that he is in that frustrating middle ground between being a superstar and just a good player. And that sort of player teases you with potential and earns big bucks.. but doesn't deliver. But he has too much ego and confidence to settle for being a role player. So he acts like a star player, but isn't one. And there is no reason why he couldn't be.. he can shoot, he is athletic.. he could be one, it's just that he isn't.
    This is the problem.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Some thoughts:

Bulls: Their fan base is always going on and on about needing "creators". With Rose gone this could be amplified.

Lakers: Lakers could panic if they realize they won't get LeBron or Melo this summer and be potentially tricked into taking Gay.

Knicks: Given their organizational history - no explanation necessary.

Any other possibilities?
    Pistons....

They have expiring contracts

College superstar

No, he is definitively a poor player. People look at his length and assume he can defend; the truth is he can't, or at least doesn't. And a few weeks ago he was leading the league in FGA. Thankfully, his gunning rate has come down a little. But his FG% hasn't gone up. He is still among the worst in the NBA at putting the ball in the basket and shoots it at ALARMING frequency.

Next year, Rudy Gay will be an expirer.
    The Raptors can send him to Phoenix in exchange for some smaller contracts like Channing Frye (also an expirer)

basically perfect description

he in reality is good but he plays as if he is a lot better

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

suns?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    This is the problem.
    His contract says so, which is sad.